IGNORED

Brann. (home)

Bill

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Everton, that was some decent attacking football during the last hour or so. I don't feel we deserved to go out with 1-8, but I guess that's what you get on this level when half your team give up twenty minutes before the end <_<

Thank you for your compliments and thanks for the fine game by Brann.

I wish you the best for next years Champion league games where u guys will be participating in....cheers!

Lets not forget that they were an average side who are in their close season and were 2-0 down before they started, having said that it was a clinical performance from the forwards.

Yakubu gets better with every game and Johnson had a superb night, His running looked better, his chasing was as usual non stop, and he was my MOM without a doubt. Its not a coinidence that his best game for months co-incides with Pienaar coming back, this little Dynamo has to be signed permanently before time runs out, i thought he was brilliant. 1 just over the bar, 1 hit the post and 4 assists, :o what an asset to have back in the side.

Back 4 was solid as usual Jags and Lescott the pick but Valente also had a decent game.

Downside for me was average performances from Carsley, Cahill, Fernandes, and Neville, all of whom missed tackles, got caught in possession and gave the ball away, or couldnt pass to a blue shirt on numerous occasions, and i thought Arteta could have played better.

Interesting to see what team he puts out on Monday cos i cant see him going to City with a 4-4-2 but it would be cruel to drop any of the strikers when they looked so good together last night, i'm sure he will go back to 4-5-1.

Great result. Yak's first two goal were ace and this was one of the best performance i have seen from aj, and possibly his best goals.

Manny has been slated a bit here but he was by no means the worst player on the pitch, did no-one see hibbo play? manny did let the ball go cheaply on occaisions but he still made some very good passes. Not his best game but not his worst.

Pienaar really was a cut above though. You really saw what we've been missing with them two. 6 games without- 6 goals. 2 games with- 8 goals. Lovely stuff.

Finally i think its worth commenting on their fans, they really were brilliant. 6-1 down and still singing. fair play.

(I really can't be bothered with today though, didn't get home from the game until gone 2am because of problems on a57. nightmare journey.... it was all worth it though :) )

Edited by jamiemaher85

? worst player on the pitch mate

Agree completely. Fernandes was rubbish, he made the odd good pass but was terrible, only has 1 gear when running and gave the ball away too much against a shite side.

For me, Pienaar was outstanding and needs to be signed now. With him and Arteta in midfield we are creative and the strikers thrive off them.

Oh and Yak was on fire like normal, starting to become very much a key player for us.

Only diasppointing thing was the crowd, we were very quiet last night nobody seemed up for a sing song...?

Oh and I missed off Cahill was rightly substituted, that little aussie needs a kick up the backside!

And I am quick enough to criticise AJ but last night he finally earned his wages, great performance and fabulous 2nd goal! Does anyone else think he could be a relation of David Beckham, they facially look the same... :D

Oh and I missed off Cahill was rightly substituted, that little aussie needs a kick up the backside!

And I am quick enough to criticise AJ but last night he finally earned his wages, great performance and fabulous 2nd goal! Does anyone else think he could be a relation of David Beckham, they facially look the same... :D

I thought Cahill played better today, he seemed to get used to his new role sitting deeper in the park, he didn't light the world up but i don't think he was that bad. good touch for Yak's first.

Great Game, Credit Goes to the Brann Fans, Great supporters even after 6 goals they were still singing their hearts out, and got a well deserved round of applause from us Blues,

Yak And AJ were immense and thanx go to Yak for getting the 1st goal ad winning me £25 :D and you can really tell how much we have missed Stevie P, also did'nt realise how much pace he had.

Manny was wank, doesn't know when to release the ball.

Arteta wanted to play CM yesterday, 2nd half he was nowhere near that Right Wing. Cahill was good going forward and made some decent important tackles on the edge of the box but needs a rest.

Any1 see Tony Hibbert take the ball past one of their players, Absolute quality, but then he passed it straight to a brann player :lol:

In my write-up of the game i forgot to mention Brann, they could have come here and kicked lumps out of our players, turned the game into a brawl, and ruined it as a spectacle but they didnt, so i have to congratulate their Manager and their players for coming out to play the game in the right spirit. Well done Brann and the best of luck to you for the coming season.

Hope to see you again next year. :)

Any1 see Tony Hibbert take the ball past one of their players, Absolute quality, but then he passed it straight to a brann player :lol:

That looked/sounded pretty funny :) First he got huge applauses from crowd when he went perfectly pass tackling norwegian. Crowd keep cheering when he go with ball up on the right side :) then he pass the ball directly to brann player :) almost heard the boo on my mind, but there were only disappointed sights , that was funny. Next time when TH goes off some1 , ppl has to be quiet so he dont piss hes pants and pass the ball to enemy :)

Hibbert has got to be the player with the least amount of confidence, doesn't help when he gives the ball away crowd jump on his back. Arteta gives the ball away and the crowd cheer......with Hibbert I think it is a case of few years ago he was good in the team but now the team has outgrown him and he looks average most of the time he plays.

Howard - Did well when called upon. Needs to talk to the defence more I feel. Can't be blamed for their goal as it did look like Jags was going to clear it.

Neville - Didn't do much right but didn't do much wrong either. A bit of a nothing performance from him tbh.

Hibbert - Not much to say about his performance because he didn't see much of the ball, but he made a couple of good defensive tackles.

Jags - Did everything he had to do, not much more to say.

Lescott - Same as Jags. The defence weren't really tested

Valente - I really dislike Valente but I thought he was very good last night

Arteta - I thought he was piss poor in the first half, but once the team came alive in the second half he was involved in everything. He also seems to like having Pienaar in the team to take the pressure of him. Very lucky goal and I doubt he'll get to keep it.

Cahill - I thought he looked decent in the half he played, he actually went looking for the ball unlike the majority of our team in the first half. Nice flick by Timmy for Yak's first goal too.

Carsley - Looked a lot better than he has done for the past month. Mopped up a lot of Brann's play infront of our defence.

Manny - Gave the ball away quite a bit again. I just think he's trying too hard atm, when he keeps it simple it works. So, keep it simple Manny and you'll be fine.

Pienaar - Looked very sluggish in the first half, which is to be expected tbh. In the second half he was involved in everything and played a large part in the demolition.

Yak - Played excellently once again, he came deep when it was necessary and took his goals superbly. My favourite goal was his second when that turn took two of their defenders out and then he fooled the keeper with the shot. QUALITY. I'm so glad I'm being proved right about us signing him.

AJ - Ran himself ragged as usual but this time he got rewarded for his efforts and on another day he would also have had a hat-trick. His second goal was fucking excellent and had a lot of power behind it. My MOTM. Keep it up AJ.

Very good win. Started poorely but got better as the game went on. The Yak took his goals well and I though AJ proved a few people wrong ( I know its only one game but his confidence will be through the roof, he WILL come good again).

Piennar was excellent I thought, we really have missed him!

The jury is still out on Manny for me, can make a good pass but he gets caught far too often on the ball.

As for Hibbert the jeering from the crowd wont help is confidence one bit, the first bad touch he done was because Captain Marvel twated the ball at him from about 5 yards. Hibbo made a few good defenisive tackles.

Hopefully we can take this goal flurry to the eastlands.

Bring on the Italians!

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM