IGNORED

Sunderland. (away)

Bill

can't believe people care more about finishing above the red shites than winning a trophy. pretty sad state of affairs really.

i don't fancy our chances in the game againt Fiorentina but i dearly hope we can get the result, getting to the UEFA cup was a years worth of work, we've done brilliantly and it would be dissapointing to go out now.

good result today, Sunderland have a good home record so a 1 goal win will do.

can't believe people care more about finishing above the red shites than winning a trophy. pretty sad state of affairs really.

Don't think anyone would put finishing above Liverpool ahead of winning a trophy, what they're saying is that qualifying for the Champions league would potentially be more long term beneficial to the club than winning the UEFA Cup.

Valid point imo and the fact that it's Liverpool we'd have to finish above is just a happy coincidence.

Edited by MikeO

1st half - very nervous start, looked shite on the ball. as the half progression so did we, and played some nice football, although that final ball just wasn't good enough.

2nd half - shite...scrappy, didn't really do much and in the end, were really hanging on.

as i read the paper his morning i saw curbs say 'it's a results business'...that it is. and especially at this stage in the season, 3 points when you don't play well (away from home as well) is priceless. well done lads, nice to see some bouncebackability.

If Tim hadn't saved that free kick in injury time we'd be ripping into Vic this morning. Bloody stupid thing to do :angry: .

Myself, I didn't think Anichebe's challage was worth a free kick!

Sunderland had won their last five home games and are fighting for their lives....we were just back from european dissapointment.....the wise money would have been on Sunderland!!

That was a very good win!.....performance!Oh well!

What's going on people? Only 15 votes in the MOTM so far, over fifty for the last two games! Get voting...link's in my sig....

It's probably because it was an away game that wasn't on the tv, so not as many people will have seen the game and will find it hard to choose a MOTM for a game they haven't seen.

It's probably because it was an away game that wasn't on the tv, so not as many people will have seen the game and will find it hard to choose a MOTM for a game they haven't seen.

Fair point. I very often vote on the basis of highlights and match reports, but it's obviously not the same as seeing the game live so I can see why people would choose not to.