IGNORED

Michael Bradley

The big Yank middfielder who we were linked with in January has been quotted in the press in Holland as saying that he wants a move this summer

"I strive to reach the highest level. It's time to make the next step. I don't think the Dutch way of playing football suits me. I see myself as a box-to-box midfielder. I attack and score goals, but I also defend and win many balls. In Holland, it's often one, but not the other."

He has bagged 14 goals this season and apparently we were quotted £4M in Jan

• 1 month later...

I have a couple points and observations:

- Michael Bradley did not impress on Wednesday -- a match in which the US team was severely outmatched from the get-go and in which no American starter made any positive impression worth noting. In addition, historically, for whatever reason, Bradley has failed to show the same consistency and quality of form with the national team that he has with his club team, Heerenveen. Perhaps he is having difficulty adjusting to his father's system -- perhaps, in truth, he would have the same difficulty fitting in at Everton -- but more likely, I believe he suffers from a lack of quality around him and more specifically, the lack of a quality complement in midfield. I have never seen him link up well with Ricardo Clark, who does not seem to be an international calibre midfielder. Bradley has shown his best form with the US National Team when paired with Benny Feilhaber or Maurice Edu, who themselves are also very young and inexperienced. If given the chance to work with top players like Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta, I imagine he would display the capacity to play to their level.

- I wouldn't be so dismissive of the Eredivisie. It is clearly a step up to the Premiership, but Heerenveen will be playing European football next season, due in large part to Michael Bradley's personal contribution to the team. PSG spent the greater part of last season in relegation trouble, so I wouldn't use that as a benchmark for anything. I would understand a bit of arrogance and disdain on your part if Bradley were coming straight from MLS, but he's not. He's been outstanding with Heerenveen. I don't think I need to go into listing players who have been successful in England after being brought over from the Dutch league.

- Michael Bradley is tired. He is a young player who, in addition to his club commitments (which included domestic cup competition), has represented the United States at nearly every level this year, playing for the U-20, U-23, and men's teams. Players like Bojan Krkic and Jozy Altidore are being rested this summer due to exhaustion. David Bentley famously had to sit out for the U-21s due to exhaustion. It happens to younger players and I believe it should be taken into account in this case, as well.

- I don't think Michael Bradley is going to be a saviour who will singlehandedly launch Everton into the Top 4 of English football immediately upon arrival -- and let's face it, Everton are not going to find that player on its current budget -- but I do believe, given a fair chance, he has the ability and potential to become a valuable addition to the team. Given his current price tag, I think he would be a good acquisition.

Edited by StevO

I think people just need to realise that everyone has their own opinion. On this particular forum there are too many people who continually arse lick just to get their post count up or to pretend they have friends. I respect someone who has different opinions and voices them so i believe arguing about having different views on a DISCUSSION forum is completely idiotic.

Im just gonna jump in here. Although I find it funny, I dont think established members calling other members cunts or retards is condusive to a healthy forum or encourages new members to join.......thats my opinion.

If theyre reds on the other hand..................

Im just gonna jump in here. Although I find it funny, I dont think established members calling other members cunts or retards is condusive to a healthy forum or encourages new members to join.......thats my opinion.

If theyre reds on the other hand..................

nice to see someone understands my point. I can take a joke but being called a c*nt three times in a row isn't exactly pleasant and either is calling someone a retard on his first post. Why people need to be aggressive and bully others is beyond me, I'd suggest therapy. But anyway, seems like I was in the wrong for taking offense.

nice to see someone understands my point. I can take a joke but being called a c*nt three times in a row isn't exactly pleasant and either is calling someone a retard on his first post. Why people need to be aggressive and bully others is beyond me, I'd suggest therapy. But anyway, seems like I was in the wrong for taking offense.

Thats Craccer for you

Dont take it to heart mate, hes an idiot, for some reason when people have thousands of posts on forums, they seem to think they can talk to the other members like shit, it wouldn't be a forum if there was no opinions.

Back onto Bradley, I cant see us getting him anyway, we don't seem to have any money because we never seem to sign any fucking players!!!!

Edited by Blue4Ever

king - who are you?

blue4ever - you're a twit

carl - make it 4 mate, you're a twit

incase you're wondering why i've gone on this 'rant', it's because i remember when the forum was for thinking evertonians, these days it seems to be for those that remember it and the newer 'idiots'. i don't think you have an intelligent bone in you body, between you, nevermind a few braincells. post after post of garbage, need I go back to how you both started out? luckily for you, i don't post much anymore, for that reason, what once was interesting is now boring. i'm bored of this site for the most part, with exception of dare i say it, most of the older members. if my language has offended you, i'm sor...nah i don't care, blow me.

maybe the door will hit me on the way out, i'm trying to close it quickly because i'm sick of your whining and mindless posts.

ontopic : no to bradley ;)

king - who are you?

blue4ever - you're a twit

carl - make it 4 mate, you're a twit

incase you're wondering why i've gone on this 'rant', it's because i remember when the forum was for thinking evertonians, these days it seems to be for those that remember it and the newer 'idiots'. i don't think you have an intelligent bone in you body, between you, nevermind a few braincells. post after post of garbage, need I go back to how you both started out? luckily for you, i don't post much anymore, for that reason, what once was interesting is now boring. i'm bored of this site for the most part, with exception of dare i say it, most of the older members. if my language has offended you, i'm sor...nah i don't care, blow me.

maybe the door will hit me on the way out, i'm trying to close it quickly because i'm sick of your whining and mindless posts.

ontopic : no to bradley ;)

well considering I graduated first in my class from University and I actually have some sense of literacy, rather than littering my posts with constant swearing - which is in breach of one of the rules of this forum by the way, as is personal abuse/bullying (of which you are so fond) - I consider myself to be a little more intelligent and articulate than you.

How I started out? what do you mean, by saying we should go back to 451 all the time - which we did and transformed our season. I never came on to make friends, I came on to talk football and treat everyone (not just high posting buddy members) the same, I don't care about reputations or status, I only care about football discussion and trying to debate - which is why (apart from calling you an egotistical idiot - which was fairly generous considering your abuse) I never get personal, I never bully people and I never swear.

To be honest, it looks to me like you've finally had a taste of your medicine, instead of all your buddies backing you up and having a dig at me, the tables have turned and now you can see how it feels to be taken pot shots at from all angles, and guess what - you can't take it (yet you so loved dishing it out to me).

I really don't care what you do, all along I was just disgusted with you calling a new member a retard after one well written post.

Edited by carlmc25

• 1 year later...

Past the Carsley era? I would KILL to have a defensive midfielder of Carsley's quality (in his prime) in the team. Carsley was probably one of the best defensive midfielders in the history of the premier league, only players Makalele and Keane had more of an impact in their teams.

Edited by Grarghsies