IGNORED

Michael Johnson

Not a cat in hells chance with this in the telegraph, 3 big names are also showing interest ........................

Spurs interested in Man City's Michael Johnson

By Steve Wilson

Michael Johnson is to become the centre of an intense battle for his signature this summer after Tottenham became the last club to express an interest the Manchester City midfielder

Despite already having lavished £16 million on Croatia international Luka Modric from Dynamo Zagreb, Juande Ramos has identified the need for at least one other central player to bolster his squad and has made inquiries about the England Under-21 player.

In demand: Johnson has received attention from Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham

Why do we keep trying to buy ex acadamy players, its madness but I do hope we get Micheal. He makes strong surging runs from midfield. Clever too I would love to see him at Goodison next season, fingers firmly crossed on this one.

Edited by EvilG

Jesus I dont know what to make of this tbh im getting tired of this allready.

All of our tranfer targets seem to be either seem to be super high profile signings like Jo & Joaquin or has-been piles of crap like taylor & Carr non in the middle bar M.Bradley

IF somehow we did pull this of for 8million was it? would probly be the biggest signing that moyes has made since being at everton to land him in that competition

Doubt manny will be coming and id rather have him over anyone we have been linked with so far and im gutted he wont be with us next year but I trust in moyes to do the right thing he come good last year and prooved us all wrong so....

Not a cat in hells chance with this in the telegraph, 3 big names are also showing interest ........................

Spurs interested in Man City's Michael Johnson

By Steve Wilson

Michael Johnson is to become the centre of an intense battle for his signature this summer after Tottenham became the last club to express an interest the Manchester City midfielder

Despite already having lavished £16 million on Croatia international Luka Modric from Dynamo Zagreb, Juande Ramos has identified the need for at least one other central player to bolster his squad and has made inquiries about the England Under-21 player.

In demand: Johnson has received attention from Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham

I wouldn't be quite so downbeat about our chances, Everton are going places and have some excellent players. We've signed big names like Yakubu and I personally think we are becoming a very attractive proposition for players. Johnson must know he won't get in the team ahead of Gerrard or Mascherano, Arsenal are linked with virtually everyone and Tottenham are still nowhere near as good as us imo, plus we're only down the road. I think - if Moyes IS interested - this could become a real possibility. How about a bit of optimism? :)

Carl.. I agree what you say about the other clubs, but was thinking more of the wage structure being our downfall.

due to the madness going on there with sven, Johnson is still currently on his first contract at 12,000 pounds a week and has n been staling on a new contract yet due to sven & the owner ect

I just think any of those other clubs would offer him more money than us.

agree 100% on that note but that is allways the way with everton not being able to pay the wadges

on the upside he is on 12,000 so for E.g if we put him on 40,000 a week he may find that enough of a rise to play for us for at the time being

Hopefully he will follow AJ and the Yak. When AJ sign Wigan offered him more. And with the Yak, Man City and Pompey were sniffing round and could have offered more money but he wanted to play for a proper team. lets hope this come off. he would be top class for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Would be good but don't see it happening, if rumours of big players heading to City are true i.e. Ronaldihno...

Wouldn't that make it more likely to happen though? Ronaldinho will be a guaranteed starter due to his price and wage, and the wage will further piss Johnson off as he wants to be a higher earner.

Would love him here, get him and huddlestone please moyes lad

Yep, agree with that totally, add a quality wide man like Turan or Joaquin to those two and I think we'd be looking pretty good for next season.

Someone has mentioned this before, but why do we keep having to buy back young players we've previously released?! If we do sign Johnson for £8 mill, that'll be £17 million on ex-acadamy players in the last year (Jags and Baines). Whoever decides which youth players are released needs a severe talking to!!

Yep, agree with that totally, add a quality wide man like Turan or Joaquin to those two and I think we'd be looking pretty good for next season.

Someone has mentioned this before, but why do we keep having to buy back young players we've previously released?! If we do sign Johnson for £8 mill, that'll be £17 million on ex-acadamy players in the last year (Jags and Baines). Whoever decides which youth players are released needs a severe talking to!!

Just read in The Daily Mail that Moyes hopes to meet with him after the Euros.