IGNORED

Tiago

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for this fella arriving, reckon it could just the move he needs to 'ressurect' his career after a shit spell with Juve. I sort of remember him being a regular for Chelsea in first season and only losing his place in the team because Essien arrived (?)

that is indeed correct, he was the makeweight in the essien deal,

just reading jamie's post. and subsequent sun link.. wouldnt call tiago a flop, if as reported it brought tears to josé's eyes he couldnt have been a flop IMHO

Two reports on the BBC this morning, one from the Bog Roll saying we are due to sign him and another from the Independent saying he is reluctant to return to the UK and the deal won't go through, you pays your money and you takes your chance. What I remember of him was a lack of speed and he was mistake prone but look at what Moyes has done for others

Two reports on the BBC this morning, one from the Bog Roll saying we are due to sign him and another from the Independent saying he is reluctant to return to the UK and the deal won't go through, you pays your money and you takes your chance. What I remember of him was a lack of speed and he was mistake prone but look at what Moyes has done for others

I think he's seen as a Carsley replacement so the speed element certainly won't be an issue. H'e s better passer of the ball than Harry so might even add a different element to that role.

I've got a feeling that this could turn out to be another Arteta situation, i really hope this comes off.

Hi guys,

Another Sporting fan coming into your forum.

I think, for what i understand of the state of Everton´s squad, due mainly to the fans opinions, that is, that your squad is a bit weak in the midfield, i believe Tiago would be a good signing for Everton. If he is not world class he is a decent player, with good skills on the ball as well as a decent vision of the game. The hype about Moutinho in Everton fans is justified, but only, in my opinion, if your team can organize a group of quality players around him. Moutinho is not the player that is going single handed give you the way into the top 4 or 5. Unlike a player like C. Ronaldo, or Messi, who probably, by adding to your current team would provide you with at least the 5th place on the PL, Moutinho needs quality around him so that his football can bring you the victories you need. If you can call a few players the quality of Tiago to your team and maintain them for next year as well, than, next year, you can sign a world class midfeilder that will bring that extra quality able to contend for higher places on the PL table. That is what Sporting is doing this year, signing players that will add to the quality of Moutinho and Veloso, making the squad less dependent on them, and so, i believe, allowing to get more from Moutinho and Veloso's quality. Last year we were to dependent on them in our midfield, and we ended up in second place (no so bad, i know) but with 20 points less than Porto. I think, dispite the fans wanting a star on their team, that the priority for Everton is to sign 3 or 4 players with confirmed skill, and then sign a world class player to make them better - being Moutinho or another.

This are my views based, i admit, on little less that no real knowledge of Everton's reality. Cafe talk really... :cowboy:

Good luck for Everton.

Edited by SportingCPOrtugal

Hi guys,

Another Sporting fan coming into your forum.

I think, for what i understand of the state of Everton´s squad, due mainly to the fans opinions, that is, that your squad is a bit weak in the midfield, i believe Tiago would be a good signing for Everton. If he is not world class he is a decent player, with good skills on the ball as well as a decent vision of the game. The hype about Moutinho in Everton fans is justified, but only, in my opinion, if your team can organize a group of quality players around him. Moutinho is not the player that is going single handed give you the way into the top 4 or 5. Unlike a player like C. Ronaldo, or Messi, who probably, by adding to your current team would provide you with at least the 5th place on the PL, Moutinho needs quality around him so that his football can bring you the victories you need. If you can call a few players the quality of Tiago to your team and maintain them for next year as well, than, next year, you can sign a world class midfeilder that will bring that extra quality able to contend for higher places on the PL table. That is what Sporting is doing this year, signing players that will add to the quality of Moutinho and Veloso, making the squad less dependent on them, and so, i believe, allowing to get more from Moutinho and Veloso's quality. Last year we were to dependent on them in our midfield, and we ended up in second place (no so bad, i know) but with 20 points less than Porto. I think, dispite the fans wanting a star on their team, that the priority for Everton is to sign 3 or 4 players with confirmed skill, and then sign a world class player to make them better - being Moutinho or another.

This are my views based, i admit, on little less that no real knowledge of Everton's reality. Cafe talk really... :cowboy:

Good luck for Everton.

I dissagree with you a bit on that ;)

granted, moutinho needs to have good backup, but they do, namely Arteta and yak. JM's main strengh, in my view, is his hability to recover the ball and create offensive moves fast, and he could do that well for them. Tiago is a bit like that as well, so he'll give their mid-field some stoping power and creativity.

Either this Sporting lot are getting worried as we seem to have more and more apearing on here , or............you reds have nothing better to do......................................

Bring him on "we are gonna win the league" ha ha sorry turned into a red for a second

we ARE gonna win it...

Just not yours :D

I dissagree with you a bit on that ;)

granted, moutinho needs to have good backup, but they do, namely Arteta and yak. JM's main strengh, in my view, is his hability to recover the ball and create offensive moves fast, and he could do that well for them. Tiago is a bit like that as well, so he'll give their mid-field some stoping power and creativity.

Hi! :)

I understand...

I am not saying that Moutinho wouldn't do well for Everton, but i think Everton fans are putting to much of their hopes in one player, even if it is Moutinho. He is not the player who will get the ball, at all times, from the defence and take it all the way to the attack. Everton needs a good defence midfielder, like Sporting as Veloso (or Rochemback), who can progress with the ball on his feet and who can free him a bit from areas around his box, then, i think Everton needs another decent player on the attacking midfield with whom he can build the game towards the oponents box, where he can open spaces for striking moves. Moutinho can play in a 6 position, it's true, but he is more effective if the position is well covered and he can move to the right/center midfield, closer to the oponents box. Maybe Everton is well covered in these positions, if so, then they can take a fuller adventage of an investment of 25 mil euros on Moutinho. I can give this away, no problem, as i am not familiar with Everton's squad. It just seemed, by what i hear from the fans, that the team has more problems then just filling Moutinho's roll.

Either this Sporting lot are getting worried as we seem to have more and more apearing on here , or............you reds have nothing better to do......................................

Bring him on "we are gonna win the league" ha ha sorry turned into a red for a second

We're not reds, we're green B)

Edited by StevO

I understand...

I am not saying that Moutinho wouldn't do well for Everton, but i think Everton fans are putting to much of their hopes in one player, even if it is Moutinho. He is not the player who will get the ball, at all times, from the defence and take it all the way to the attack. Everton needs a good defence midfielder, like Sporting as Veloso (or Rochemback), who can progress with the ball on his feet and who can free him a bit from areas around his box, then, i think Everton needs another decent player on the attacking midfield with whom he can build the game towards the oponents box, where he can open spaces for striking moves. Moutinho can play in a 6 position, it's true, but he is more effective if the position is well covered and he can move to the right/center midfield, closer to the oponents box. Maybe Everton is well covered in these positions, if so, then they can take a fuller adventage of an investment of 25 mil euros on Moutinho. I can give this away, no problem, as i am not familiar with Everton's squad. It just seemed, by what i hear from the fans, that the team has more problems then just filling Moutinho's roll.

I don't know that much more about their squad either, but they do have some quality midfielders, arteta, and that kid that broke his toe. i agree that with tiago there, they'll get good suport in midfield, but i see enough there to give JM enough freedom to do his magic.

It doesn't sound to me like Tiago whats to come to Everton or any other English side, to be honest.

Not a bad player at all - I don't think he flopped at Cheslsea, played a fair few game in his season with them - But maybe wasn't a stick out star player in Chelsea shirt, but not likley as was the defensive midfeilder when playing. Player all but 4 league game in his first season with Chelsea winning the leauge, but was limited in his second season due to the arrival of one Essian, no shame in playing second fiddle to Essian in my opinion.

Would like to see him at Everton, epecially on loan to start with.

but i see enough there to give JM enough freedom to do his magic.

Granted.

I just hope Sporting can keep Moutinho happy and keep his magic in our team. ;) Hopefully, as well, we will get Liverpool in the CL draw and get a bit of green passion from our blue friends, just for a couple of games. :)

I understand...

We're not reds, we're green B)

We have enough players that will compliment Moutinho, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, and Osman. If all targets are met then we should have Mbia as holding midfield and Tiago as well. Yak would fire in the goals with this midfield, Moutinho would be the cherry on the cake. Get it sorted Davie boy!!!!

Hopefully you guys will be able to sign Tiago and Mbia, but hopefully as well you will be able to find another cherry for your cake, as i wish Sporting will keep Moutinho happy in the squad. Having said this, and as the least i can do for inviting myself into your forum, i'll be chearing for Everton in the PL this season. So good luck to you all :cap:

Hopefully you guys will be able to sign Tiago and Mbia, but hopefully as well you will be able to find another cherry for your cake, as i wish Sporting will keep Moutinho happy in the squad. Having said this, and has the least i can do for inviting myself into your forum, i'll be chearing for Everton in the PL this season. So good luck to you all :cap:

i'll cheer for 'em too, but i've always had a soft spot for MU... even before our wonderkid went there. so it's MU, then EFC, then all the others.

would be nice to meet them in champions next year :D