IGNORED

Tiago

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yesterday, at the end of training, the Portuguese midfielder was approached by transfer chief Alessio Secco and, once made aware of the offer, apparently requested 24 hours to decide."

We need a transfer chief who is in charge of just this. Maybe then we'd actually get someone before the season starts one year?!?!?! :angry:

He doesn't even want to sign for us so whats the point in wasting our time chasing a player who doesn't want to sign for us.

Why doesn't Everton surch the south amrecian market, namely Brasil and Argentina. For the price of Moutinho you guys would probably get two very decent players. There is one, although it might cost something aroud Moutinho, called Valdívia, from Palmeiras, who was the best player in Brasil last year. Attacking midfielder with great skills. Lucho, of Porto, is another exemple af an excellent midfielder who cost much less than Moutinho and is, by no means, of lesser quality, i think, even if it plays for Sporting's rival.

Why doesn't Everton surch the south amrecian market, namely Brasil and Argentina. For the price of Moutinho you guys would probably get two very decent players. There is one, although it might cost something aroud Moutinho, called Valdívia, from Palmeiras, who was the best player in Brasil last year. Attacking midfielder with great skills. Lucho, of Porto, is another exemple af an excellent midfielder who cost much less than Moutinho and is, by no means, of lesser quality, i think, even if it plays for Sporting's rival.

PS. I just red in a brasilian site that Valdívia went to play in the Emirat state, he left Palmeiras for a fee of 22 mil Reais, more or less 10mil Euros.

Been there done that with Lucho, we made a bid but he signed a new contract with Porto. Plus Porto can offer champions league football.

Been there done that with Lucho, we made a bid but he signed a new contract with Porto. Plus Porto can offer champions league football.

I understand. I am not saying to get Lucho from Porto, he would cost the same as Moutinho, i was mentioning the cahnces of Everton getting high quality players from the brasilian and argentinian market. Lucho didn't cost half the price of Moutinho and he his as much of a player as the portuguese...When Porto won the CL in 2004 they didn'd had any player who had cost them more than, let's say, 6 mil Euros. Maybe not even that much...

Deco was another example of a brasilian player made a star without a big investment. Pepe, the central defender, the same.

I understand. I am not saying to get Lucho from Porto, he would cost the same as Moutinho, i was mentioning the cahnces of Everton getting high quality players from the brasilian and argentinian market. Lucho didn't cost half the price of Moutinho and he his as much of a player as the portuguese...When Porto won the CL in 2004 they didn'd had any player who had cost them more than, let's say, 6 mil Euros. Maybe not even that much...

Deco was another example of a brasilian player made a star without a big investment. Pepe, the central defender, the same.

You're goias, on the SCP forum, right? you asked the same question there :D

IT's basically work permits. we have that agreement with brazil, and most of the south americans have european latin blood on them, so it's easier for them to come work here, in spain and italy. in England, it's alot harder for them to get non-europeans, so they really don't do much prospecting there.

Also, regarding Tiago, i don't get him. he doesn't want EFC cuz he did bad in the premier league... Like his perfomance in serie A was any better.

Edited by Sporting4ever

As much as we would all love a little bit of Samba flair in our squad, buying players directly from South America is tricky for english clubs becuase it is harder for us to get a work permit for the players than some other european teams.

Id love us just to get him........Maybe I wouldnt have to read your post's any more... you just keep making me sad

:suicide_anim: :suicide_anim: :suicide_anim:

I am sorry about that :huh:

I just think if you guys are having problem getting players from top european championships, like Italy and Spain, you have the asset of being in the PL as well as being a PL classic team. I am sure there are plenty of good players in other contries that would be more than willing to play for Everton, and if you are willing to spend 20 mil euros on one a player why not get two very good players from lesser teams, or from bigger teams in lesser rich champioships like Brasil and Argentina. That was my point. It is a matter of prospection. I know the visa is a problem but with that kind of money you could probably get quality recognized players who would convince the english visa authorities.

Juventus do not want him, that is clear. But would we really want him to be forced to come and play for us...?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=108085

Oh does he know something we don't? :D

Juventus chief Alessio Secco admits Tiago could still move to Everton, despite his public rejection of the Premiership club this week.

Secco said: "He has a contract with us and has the right to stay. Let's see if maybe he can change his mind in the next days. The possibility of going to play in the English Championship, where he still is known and has already done so, all things considered, well, is the chance for him to play with continuity.

"I think it was, however, an important opportunity for him, in order to improve."

Tiago doesn't want to return to england, that much is clear. i don't think it's a question of everton itself, since he had an offer last year from spurs and he also turned them down. i think he didn't like in the EPL, that's why he's said to want to move to spain.

but who knows, if there's noone in spain that comes forward, he might take it, or else risk beeing sidelined a whole season again.