IGNORED

W(v)agner Love.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lazy journos.

'A record fee of £12m'. Yeah that was record yesterday guys. Do try to keep up.

Oh well suppose this is what we've got to look forward to over the next 4 months. Who are we not going to sign in January?!?!?!?

In fairness at the time of writing that article he would have been a record transfer. We didn't sign Fellani untill after 1, they would have put the print of the paper out by then.

• 1 month later...
Its all well and good but I can't see how we could afford him with the shite budget we are running on.

I would like him here but a winger is still a priority. I still wish that Obfimma's work permit had been granted. Does anyone know if he's been playing for Nigeria in there recent games?

Obfimmas scored for Nigeria on Saturday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks a top top striker to me. If we are going for him it makes you wonder who will miss out. I think it may be Vaughan. Love looks two footed and scores all types of goals. Moyes was there checking him out in europe midweek so there is some truth in it............................

whats your source for Moyes watching love?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_4500019,00.html

CSKA Moscow striker Vagner Love has revealed that he is clamouring for a move to Real Madrid.

The Brazilian admits that Premier League outfit Everton have expressed an interest in acquiring his services, but concedes that he is holding out for a switch to Spain.

The 24-year-old has spent the last four years in Russia, but is now seeking a move elsewhere.

He claims Everton have already made contact with CSKA in regards to a possible deal, but believes a transfer to reigning Primera Liga champions Real would help improve his international prospects.

"Until now the only concrete offer I have received came from Everton in England," he told Globo Esporte.

"There wasn't any contact (with Real Madrid) but it would be wonderful. Every player's dream is to represent Real Madrid.

"Certainly I would do the possible and impossible to be released by the CSKA president.

"Because of the work I have been doing here I think I deserve to be called up (by Brazil). But the boss, Dunga, has other options and called great players up too.

"That is also a reason to join Real. If I were scoring many goals for a mid-European giant, I am sure I would be called."

This is unfortunate, you can't blame him for wanting to be called and he is right, the chances of him playing for the first brazillian team rise exponentially if he plays and scores in the Champions League. Maybe if we had stayed in the UEFA cup we would have had a better chance at nabbing him, but I wouldn't want him here after this, knowing that he would just be settling for everton and looking to move the first chance he got. We wouldn't get the best out of him.

Edited by The Regulator

He's been netting well throughout his career. 27 goals in 42 for Palermas and 50 in 101 for CSKA means that he knows how to score. It's just whether he will be able to do it in the Premiership. I think that his time in Russia is over. He must be liking the sound of Premier League football - its the best league in the world right? - so he must be happy to come.

I'm just wondering how our attack will look should he come. Yakubu/Saha/Vaughan. Who should we leave out? Saha's just found his form and is hitting the back of the net frequently and Vaughan is still looking like a good prospect.

Yakubu should be left out but a player of his skills would not want to be on the bench week in week out. It's a funny one and hard to work out where Love would fit in around the others. I think he would become our first-team striker with Saha and Yakubu left to fight it out after him. He's certainly going to bring goals to the club and that's what we need.

I have been looking through some videos of him, he seems to be quite quick, nothing outstanding. He seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time too but you can make anyone look like that in a video.

£12 million is what I have seen quoted.

Overall, I am not very impressed ....yet