IGNORED

W Brom. (away)

Baggies

Should we save the pessismism until Monday when we hear that Neville's ankle is goosed and we're down to 9 fit pro's?!

DM should wrap all of the players in cotton wool in training this week, any crazy challengers from Vaughan and we'll be in bother.

Please sign a defensive midfielder this week so we can get Jags out of there, how he ever played in midfield is a mystery. Great defender but can't pass the ball at all

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great game today lads. How Arteta doesn't play for one of the big 4 is beyond me he's immense! Lescott is one of the best center backs i've ever seen at the Albion in my life. I was dissapointed with Yakubu a little bit as he in effective. I like the look of that young lad who had a goal dissalowed ( Rodwell ? ) I'm not sure why it got dissalowed tbh as i didn't see anything wrong with it. Howard + Lescott have gotta learn to comunicate as they got in a mess so many times today. IMO i thought we deserved a point. Shame about your second goal from a mix up between Carson & Meite. Yobo is a class player aswell IMO. We need a striker ASAP as we haven't got a proper finisher. Everton got any young players we can have ? :P

Thanks for making it a great atmosphere aswell. I thought we were fantastic untill you scored and you lot are vocal aswell.

I think us & Everton have one of the best support in England.

Enjoy & good luck for the rest of the season.

I'll be back when we play you away :)

I think we should play a normal 4-4-2 formation with Lescott, Yobo, Jagielka and Nuno at the back (Yobo and Lescott in the centre) with Mikel, Tim, Ozzy and Baines in the midfield, I liked how Baines played at left midfield against Blackburn, I can see him getting some goals this season for us, has he scored for us yet? I don't think so.

I would play Yakubu and Kissock up front with Kissock just behind Yak. Kissock seems quicky and tricky and it would be good to have this up front, Kissock running the defence ragid before setting up Yakubu for the killer move.

I think we'll leave it late. I can see us going into half-time at 1-0 with a midfielder getting a goal, maybe Osman. West-Brom will get into the game and give us some trouble but Howard and the back 4 will be strong and it'll be a clean sheet with one of our attackers, probably Yakubu getting a second to make it 2-0 at the end.

^There you go, I am a good pundit. I thought that Osman would pop up with a goal today and Yakubu just seems to be finding the net for us at the moment. I would have liked us to keep a clean sheet but looking back I would class this game as 2-0 with Brom's goal coming from the penalty spot. When I saw that it was a penalty my heart sank and the red mist grew after recalling Yakubu's stupid error that cost us the game last week.

Thanks for the great game today lads. How Arteta doesn't play for one of the big 4 is beyond me he's immense! Lescott is one of the best center backs i've ever seen at the Albion in my life. I was dissapointed with Yakubu a little bit as he in effective. I like the look of that young lad who had a goal dissalowed ( Rodwell ? ) I'm not sure why it got dissalowed tbh as i didn't see anything wrong with it. Howard + Lescott have gotta learn to comunicate as they got in a mess so many times today. IMO i thought we deserved a point. Shame about your second goal from a mix up between Carson & Meite. Yobo is a class player aswell IMO. We need a striker ASAP as we haven't got a proper finisher. Everton got any young players we can have ? :P

Thanks for making it a great atmosphere aswell. I thought we were fantastic untill you scored and you lot are vocal aswell.

^Nice comments Baggies I honestly think that you will do well this season. You've had Premiership experiance and you seem to have a good team for your return. You do need a striker but have Anichebe. I seriously dont rate him anymore so he's all yours.

I agree with you on support. We are good supporters because we may not be the loadest but we stick by our team, I mean no signings and the stadium plans up in the air most fan-bases would be decreasing rapidly. I haven't seen any of the game I'll try and catch MOTD tonight coz' I wanna see that Rodwell goal and your 'dubious' penalty :rolleyes:

I suppose you need to get your season off and running, but were only two games in and your still a newly promoted side. You should get something against Bolton I expect them to be in the 18th-20th position come May. I still haven't seen MOTD but when I do I think I'll find that you played well, I rate West Brom I just wanted them to do down last time for thier hidious yellow and green away kit :P

Well what a game, was very good win. Rodwell was very good, in fact he could easily keep his place for me (nothing wrong with his goal!!). A few missed passes here and there but I think he is going to be a gem! Baxter was quiet but he does not look like a 16 year old, I have a soft spot for him but I think Rodwell is going to be the big thing from us this year.

Arteta, well what can you say he turned up today with his skillful boots today and controlled the game. Osman for me was one of the best players on the pitch, he is a very good player, home grown too!

All in all a good day but watching them there is a need for more presence on the wings. If Arteta, Osman, Rodwell (or new signing) could sit in the middle of the park with a really good winger(s) then we would be awesome.

We're in the shitter ATM though. Need to get something next Saturday against Bolton.

Loved your song though " 2-0 up can we sack the board" B)

Fair play today, seems like you where a little hard done by. I'm sure things will fall into place though, if you can either embed one of your strikers into the league, or pick up someone before the end of the window to knock them in for you then you should be alright.

To be honest i can see Bolton going down before you do, I can still see you in the prem next season. Its still early doors. Good luck mate.

damn good result today, we were solid at the back today, but in all honesty albion were much better than us. we had 4 or 5 chances and took a couple (plus one wrongly ruled out) i think we were lucky not to conceed in the first half. but a in is a win and we are up and running. as others have said, i hope they dont get carried away, dont let this paper over the cracks. we still need more presence in the middle. rodwell is doing good, but shouldnt be in there anyway (lets not forget hes a centre half by trade) we need to relieve rodwell and baxter of these presures and let them progess in the right ways.

Not trying to be funny but Arteta was quiet today, you should see him when he's on blob. Rodwell played better today but still a few loose passes. Overall the baggies were unlucky, it goes to show though the little quality we do have does make a difference. That little oriental fella wasn't too bad, some nice skill but a poor end result.

Despite our struggling for numbers (which MUST be addressed), we still have players of quality who can make the difference, especially, and with all due respect, against teams like West Brom. The spine of our side is very decent, and I'm glad to see the likes of Arteta being influential when it counts. Yakubu will always get goals, Vaughan was an impact player yesterday, and Cahill and Pienaar to come back still. The team and the fans did their bit yesterday, its now up to Bill. 3 or 4 signings this week and the cloud of anxiety and uncertainty will lift significantly.

A good (lucky) result but we cant rely on the likes of Rodwell to get us through the season - we need a replacement for AJ and a holding midfielder as a minimum before the transfer period closes.

Saw the pre-season friendly against Preston when Moyes played mostly youngsters in midfield and attack - it was poor. We only won cause of an early goal and then shut up shop with a senior squad defence.

Lets be honest here lads although we are in shit street we were unlucky to lose in the end to Blackburn, yesterday dame fortune smiled on us for once. You have yet to hear from a RS fan about them being exceedingly lucky yesterday and they robbed Sunderland something rotten. Our small squad has all the frailties listed in these pages so the one extra thing it doesn't need is us lot on its back, lets get fully behind the lads who are going out on the park and screw the crap out of those who are responsible for us being in shit street, one thing is certain the players are innocent! :o

Anybody care to comment on our performance yesterday who went and our support? :)

I watched the game all over again this morning on football first and we were so unlucky. :(

"Feed the Yak" sounds very impressive when belted out loud.

A few of my mates are west brom season ticket holders and I go when there's a spare and we're not playing (I've got a season ticket here). Under mowbray you play a good passing game and are very attacking. When you came up and I knew cars was going, I said that he'd be a quality signing for you, I still believe you need someone like him to just sit as I feel you will be vunerable with players like koren, morrison, texierra and especially brunt (lazy bastard - cracking left foot but runs like a prick!) who are more attacking. Greening sits at the mo but he's not really the battler that cars is.

I think you dropped a bollock not offering Super Kev 2 years, I used to coach his son and he said he wanted to stay - without him I can't see where you goals are coming from. Beattie is shite! Bednar looks handy but you seem to prefer Miller who I think will have a cracking future but he doesn't look the natural goalscorer like KP.

Yesterday you should have played 2 up top because it was never going to be a game played in midfield against us - we had 2 centre backs in centre mid - if you had gone 2 up from the start I think you would have troubled us more.

You're fans are quality - constant chanting, I've boinged when I've been there on many an occassion - my mates sit by the corner flag by the away fans - you fans behind the goal the other side of the away fans are quality - I remember them chanting for their drum back last season against norwich when the stewards confiscated it!

Yesterday you played some good football with no end product - we were more clinical, don't get me wrong you were the better team. Rodwell's goal should have stood and the peno could have gone either way. I fear for you as okay you've played arsenal and everton but it's been a very good time to play us both - both are short of first-teamers at the mo - you played a very under strength and inexperienced everton team yesterday.

Zuiverloon or whatever his name is looks quality and carson will be an excellent signing... will you stay up? You'll play the best football (of the promoted teams) but I think you missed a trick with Dave Kitson - if you get a striker who can score in the prem and a battler in mid then I'd say yes comfortably - otherwise it's going to be a struggle.

KP wanted a 2 year deal up straight and i don't think he would have cut it in the Prem but he would have been good against the likes of Stoke..Fulham..'Ull ETC. We offered him a 1 year deal and he had to play/sub role for 16 games to activate the second year. Kitson is a very good player as you say but i think 6m is a joke. I can see us taking a gamble on someone like James Beattie in January if we're struggling. Yeah Brunt's a lazy sod but got a class left foot.