IGNORED

W Brom. (away)

Baggies

Alright lads I'm back. :)

Any of you coming up on Saturday?

Predictions ? Team you think you will start with?

I'd be happy with a point if I'm honest. But can see you winning.

Hopefully our team will be :

Carson

Zuiverloon

Barnett

Meite

Robinson

Valero ( If he signs in time )

Greening

Koren ( If fit ) If not Kim

Morrison

Miller

Bednar

But you never know which team Mowbray puts out. :P

Prediction : WBA 1 ( Miller ) Everton 2 ( Yak + Osman )

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---------------Howard---------------

Neville----Jags----Yobo----Lescott

----------------Mbia-----------------

Arteta--Tiago---Moutinho---Osman

--------------Yakubu----------------

I'm allowed to dream aren't I?!?!?! :sleeping_03anim:

On a serious note. 1-0 to us, with the Yak to notch!

If we go out with the same team as last week and no new additions on the becnh to change the game around then can see it being a very long day for us.

Should be looking at going there and picking up 3 points right now I would take 1.

2 days to go til the game and once again nothing from the club about transfers. No news that fees have been agreed or even if we continuning to talk to people about transfers or just decided to give up

Any idea how many tickets you have sold? We've sold out ( Mainly glory supports coming back )

Robert Koren + Luke Moore has been passed fit.

Neil Clement & Felipe Teixiera are still ruled out.

Gianni Zuiverloon is 50/50 as he's jet lagged from the Olympics.

This is going to be a tricky one. I think it would be foolish to underestimate West Brom, they easily play the best brand of football from any of the teams in the Championship last year.

This is the team I would go for:-

-------------Howard

Neville Yobo Jags Lescott

Arteta Osman Rodwell Baines

---------Baxter---------------

-------------Yakubu----------

I think we need to resort to the same defense that did so well for us last year. I would also start Baxter, what is there to loose? He will be hungry and could add something to the team. Also I'm hoping that Vaughn will be ready for the bench.

This is going to be a tricky one. I think it would be foolish to underestimate West Brom, they easily play the best brand of football from any of the teams in the Championship last year.

-------------Howard

I think we need to resort to the same defense that did so well for us last year. I would also start Baxter, what is there to loose? He will be hungry and could add something to the team. Also I'm hoping that Vaughn will be ready for the bench.

how can u keep both lescott and jags in the team who were woeful, and drop valente who was pretty solid and 1 of r better performers against blackburn

-------------Howard

Id have that team but with Valente coming in for baines on the left wing.

how can u keep both lescott and jags in the team who were woeful, and drop valente who was pretty solid and 1 of r better performers against blackburn

1 game doesn't make them into bad players. Jesus christ. On that logic we should have sold arteta in the summer becasue he was pretty poor all of last year.

We all know Lescott is better at left-back, and Jags was played out of position in midifeld so to critacise him is a joke. Revert to the defense we had last year and at least we have some safety at the back. Lescott needs another game to get his confidence back, not to be dropped.

Let me ask you a question though. If we dropped both J.Lo and Jags who would you play in place of them?

J Lo WANTS to play CB, he's not going to be happy being moved back to LB and would probably end up asking to leave at some point if he's played there when we have other LB's fit.

If he wants to establish himself as a decent CB then he needs to step up his game. Though we will need to see how he settles when he actually has a midfield in front of him.

Its too early to judge him at CB, but he either needs to improve quickly or do the best for the team. Either way he needs to shape up, the team isn't created around him.

1 game doesn't make them into bad players. Jesus christ. On that logic we should have sold arteta in the summer becasue he was pretty poor all of last year.

We all know Lescott is better at left-back, and Jags was played out of position in midifeld so to critacise him is a joke. Revert to the defense we had last year and at least we have some safety at the back. Lescott needs another game to get his confidence back, not to be dropped.

Let me ask you a question though. If we dropped both J.Lo and Jags who would you play in place of them?

am not sayin drop them both, am sayin how can u pick a player who had a nightmare over a player who put in a decent effort. keepin lescott over valente wud then be tellin lescott that he is a starter no matter how bad he plays an then we wouldnt get the best out of him.

am not sayin drop them both, am sayin how can u pick a player who had a nightmare over a player who put in a decent effort. keepin lescott over valente wud then be tellin lescott that he is a starter no matter how bad he plays an then we wouldnt get the best out of him.

He will know how badly he played week, he doesn't need to be dropped to be told, last season he was our best player, to drop him from having one bad game at the begging of the season would be foolish. If he performs poorly again this week then we can consider not including him, but we can't have a silly knee jerk reaction. If Valente was unbelieavbly outstanding last week then i'd have no problem starting him, but he wasn't, he was average at best, just like everyone else in the team. I think we need to try starting Baxter so someone will miss out, i think it should be Valente

After watching us last week we need to put out a back 4 that works (proven last season). I think this team would give us decent balance with what we've got:

Howard

Nev...Jags..Yobo...Lescott

Ossie...Art...Rodwell...Baines

Yak...Vaughan (if fit, if not fuck it, give baxter a go he'll work his ass off for the shirt.)

Lescott will be a quality centre back for us and probably our future captain, for now though he needs to play for the team, if that's left back then that's the job he'll have to do.

...west brom have just spent £4.7m on a spanish midfielder (borja valero) - I wish one day we could spend some money.

I was coaching greenings son last week and conceeded defeat to him early - I said they'd do us 3-1 if we hadn't signed by now - we haven't!