IGNORED

Wright-phillips

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it make him an excellent signing because he scored against us? Jon Stead scored against us, lets go and buy him hey? :rolleyes:

the point is he's a good player, it was a good goal and if he does it here i'd welcome him with open arms ;)

and he tore apart our defence. end of story.

Edited by macca93efc

the point is he's a good player, it was a good goal and if he does it here i'd welcome him with open arms ;)

and he tore apart our defence. end of story.

I like him - he's got a good work ethic too. I agree he always looks good against us and he's a winger with pace who will run at defenders, we don't have this.

My only worry is we've got a very very short midfield - we need a bit of height in there.

On another note - how good would it be if we signed SWP and Zigic and unveiled them together - it'd be a tough job to get them both in one shot, maybe zigic's knee's and the whole of SWP.

I like him - he's got a good work ethic too. I agree he always looks good against us and he's a winger with pace who will run at defenders, we don't have this.

My only worry is we've got a very very short midfield - we need a bit of height in there.

On another note - how good would it be if we signed SWP and Zigic and unveiled them together - it'd be a tough job to get them both in one shot, maybe zigic's knee's and the whole of SWP.

That would actually be amazing. Probably better than watching him play! SWP would make everyone seem alot taller by comparison though!

I thought he ripped us apart when we played Chelski last season. As long as it's less than 8mil, or a loan, then I'd take him. Maybe hasn't shone at Chelsea but has shown potential, and Moyes could be the one that brings that back out in him.

I don't think "showing potential" is really a great thing to say about him, he's what 26 or 27 years old by now? i don't think "showing potential" is the right thing to say. He isn't going to vastly improve as a player anymore, he would be hitting the heights by now. He showed potential when he was 21 and has showed very little since then.

With this one i can see us agreeing a fee with chelski but then other teams will jump on board, he'll join city or villa... or maybe pompey if they raise the funds.

Im not saying he's not worth 11mil, I'm just thinking about our budget and how much it'd leave for other players. I'd take him for 8, I'd have to think about it for 11, or go for a loan. But you're probably right. They'll want to recoup some of what they paid for him, they paid 21 for him I think. I wouldn't want to spend more on SWP than we did on Yak.

Anyway, I can't really get excited about it either way, if it happens it happens, I'm all out of energy for this, I just hope we can get the players, and hopefully good ones in before next week.

the guy's end product is not always great and he can be frustrating but he has genuine pace, puts fear into the opposition and on his day he can be very exciting and dangerous. He can beat a man, scores some excellent goals and works hard, he would be an excellent signing for us and would make us a real threat on the counter attack. Beggars can't be choosers, there aren't many decent wingers around (just ask Liverpool who haven't been able to buy one for years) and he is one of the better ones. We're Everton not Real Madrid, he'd be one of the best players in our team. Come on Moyes, pull something out of the hat.

Edited by carlmc25

So if we bought Wright Phillips for 11mil and it looks like M'bia could still come off if we meet the 7-10mil price tag. If we get those 2 and another striker then our team would look like.

Howard

Neville----------Jagielka------Yobo-------Lescott

Wright Phillips----M'bia-----Pienaar-----Arteta

-------------------------Cahill

-------------------------Yakubu

Bench: Turner, Baines, Hibbert, Osman, Vaughan, Anichebe, Another striker or Rodwell if we don't get one.

Edited by toffee77

Think he could be a great signing for us if he comes to play football and gets back to the way he was at City. I really rated him when he was there but his attitude since he moved to Chelsea has for me been disappointing. Seems to me he was more hapy to sit on the bench and collect the money rather then furthering his football career, so it is a bit of a gamble but not one I would be adverse to.

Rumour was confirmed on Sky Sports News.

But in all honesty I don't know what to make of it all. I have seen him do some fantastic stuff, but I have also seen him play like a three legged horse.

I don't know whether I want him here or not.

Mind you I am getting to be a bit desperate for a signing now.....

Should we go for Titus Bramble? (joke)