IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many of you had heard of the fella before his name was mentioned in recent days? Seems a good player by all accounts but the price tag is certainly steep for someone who is largely unproven

I've never heard of him i'll be honest and at what 12-13 milliong pounds (real money that ;)) its a risk

Time will tell if he was worth it though

Plus on a side note the fee will no doubt be paid off over the lengh of his contract,becuase thats the way clubs do fee's for players from abroad,different here of course so we just spent a couple of million yesterday :)

Now IMO our best team is:

-------------Howard------------

Nevile - Yobo - Jags - Lescott

------Castillo - Fellouini

Arteta ----------------- Pienaar

-------------Cahill--------------

-------------Yakubu-----------

No Osman in your team?

Don't know anything about his guy and didn't expect it to happen so it was a nice surprise for me when woke up.

Agree with what somone else said that why not pay the extra for Joao but also agree with DM that most people would not have heard of him.

how many of you had heard of the fella before his name was mentioned in recent days? Seems a good player by all accounts but the price tag is certainly steep for someone who is largely unproven

I'm sure we've been linked with this fella in the past and Moyes has had him watched.

Toffee 77 - Jacobsen at right back and drop Neville?

Congratulations for this signing.

By far the most promising player in Belgium.

Only 21 and played as the real boss on Standard Liege midfield.

Technically he's ok, but not that brilliant.Most impressive are his physical abilities.

This guy can run and fight for balls for 120 minutes... and more.

You have the feeling that he always acts in the zone where somethings happen, both in offense as in defense.

Good move to Everton, as the real big clubs are probably two or three years too early.

Congratulations for this signing.

By far the most promising player in Belgium.

Only 21 and played as the real boss on Standard Liege midfield.

Technically he's ok, but not that brilliant.Most impressive are his physical abilities.

This guy can run and fight for balls for 120 minutes... and more.

You have the feeling that he always acts in the zone where somethings happen, both in offense as in defense.

Good move to Everton, as the real big clubs are probably two or three years too early.

Bloody hell you know how to hurt :lol:

Couldnt stay up last night to see this through so glad this morning when i woke up to this!! Decent player looked good against the shite glad moyes has bolstered the midfield and who knows he may have a little left for Jan role on the 31st Jan!!!... Happy with who we brought in pity about Victor Obinna though as he looks a defent young winger.

Nice to have some friendly Standard supporters on the forum, and may i congratulate you, you speak english very well.

Will Fellaini be a big loss for you. ?? or have you anybody in reserve to cover for him, who can step into the side without weakening your team too much.

Nice to have some friendly Standard supporters on the forum, and may i congratulate you, you speak english very well.

Will Fellaini be a big loss for you. ?? or have you anybody in reserve to cover for him, who can step into the side without weakening your team too much.

I'm not a Standard supporter but Bruges fan.

It's because he's so damn good, that I am relieved to see him leave Liege.

I think it's a big loss for Standard as they don't have a similar profile in their squad.

This makes you favorite against them in the UEFA Cup

With this signing, Standard got 4 times what they could earn in this European Cup.

And for our English speaking: this is mainland Europe, not Absurdistan B)

I'm not a Standard supporter but Bruges fan.

It's because he's so damn good, that I am relieved to see him leave Liege.

I think it's a big loss for Standard as they don't have a similar profile in their squad.

This makes you favorite against them in the UEFA Cup

With this signing, Standard got 4 times what they could earn in this European Cup.

And for our English speaking: this is mainland Europe, not Absurdistan B)

We have people on our own doorstep that cant speak English, They come from Wales. :D

What is the normal wage for a player of Fellaini standards over there.???

A massive loss. We just hope that with our vice-chairman knowledge of international football (he once was Zidane's agent and organised his move to Real Madrid) and his many friends at the highest level in Spain, italy and Portugal, we'll find a decent replacement coming from a big club. There is one player who could do the business (Benjamin Nicaise), but he's untried at that level as he was transferred in the summer from a club used to fighting against relegation. However this stretches the squad a bit.

Thanks for the compliment, Licker. Learnt my English in England and work as a translator ;)

Edited by FromBelgium

We have people on our own doorstep that cant speak English, They come from Wales. :D

What is the normal wage for a player of Fellaini standards over there.???

Once you've dug yourself in a hole don't make it any deeper :lol:

On behalf of the Welsh contingent they speak better English than half of Merseyside Licker and there are more blues in the valleys than red on top of which most are bilingual unlike some :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, he's a great loss for Standard and since the transfers are closed now, standard won't have a big replacement for him. It's such a big loss that Standard probably won't be able to become 1st again in the Belgian competition, they've just lost their most important defensive player, he's great on the offensive also, but he got amazing midfield defensive capabilities, every ball in the air that goes to the midfield is 70-80% for him.

btw, whoever thought that fellaini played well against Liverpool, both games were actually one of his lesser games

Re Licker's question:

If the monthly € 90 k figure is right, my guess would be that Fellaini will earn in one month over what he'd have earned in Belgium in one year. The highest earner in the Belgian 1st division (Mbark Boussoufa from Anderlecht) is believed to earn in the region of € 200,000 k per season. We just can't compete wallet-wise. A different thing on the pitch and on the night, though.

Edited by FromBelgium

Once you've dug yourself in a hole don't make it any deeper :lol:

On behalf of the Welsh contingent they speak better English than half of Merseyside Licker and there are more blues in the valleys than red on top of which most are bilingual unlike some :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah Jimmy a lot do, i went walking in the welsh hills many years ago and stumbled in to our B & B for the night, they spoke welsh all the time we where there, :o only spoke english to us when we left next morning YAKKY DA or something like that if you can call that english. I felt as tho i would have been more at ease in outer Mongolia. :D

PS ......... by the way all our welsh readers, it was said in jocular fashion and not meant to offend anybody.

If you are not sure you are stronger than your opponent, weaken him. That's football for you. From a Standard fan's point of view, I'm gutted, but fair play to the lad. And € 16m is simply too much money for a Belgian club to turn down. Most of our clubs don't have that money as a yearly budget.

Deffo an excellent signing for Everton methinks, though, and certainly a big, big step forward in the big fella's career. He's young, he's a great athlete and strong in the air. He still has a lot to learn, especially with regards to keeping his cool on the pitch (too many bookings and red cards), but Everton have signed a damn of a prospect of a gem. Good luck to him.

He's not allowed to play against his former club in the UEFA cup as they are engaged in the same competition.

just a question....what do you think of Dante? he looked a class player against liverpool, he would get into most teams in europe based on the first leg display.

He was an effectively free signing too, all we had to do was sell McFadden and Johnson :rolleyes:

I hope he's a success - although it shows how unfavourably we are looked on by Sky, it had gone past 2am before they announced we'd signed him despite someone (me!) sending a email to them including links from several newspaper sources and the official Standard Leige website confirming he'd signed.

I don't know anything about him but signs look promising. Belgians typically don't cost £12million so he must be something special. He also makes a very nice avatar thanks to his big hair.

Yeah Jimmy a lot do, i went walking in the welsh hills many years ago and stumbled in to our B & B for the night, they spoke welsh all the time we where there, :o only spoke english to us when we left next morning YAKKY DA or something like that if you can call that english. I felt as tho i would have been more at ease in outer Mongolia. :D

PS ......... by the way all our welsh readers, it was said in jocular fashion and not meant to offend anybody.

no it wasn't :lol::lol::lol::lol: