IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

just a question....what do you think of Dante? he looked a class player against liverpool, he would get into most teams in europe based on the first leg display.

Dante is class. Top drawer. He played a major part in the title last season, however not duly acknowledged. He's been a bit unlucky this season: missed pen at home to the Reds, misjudgement on Babel's cross at Anfield after 117 mins (knackered, probably) and was involved in a most dubious penalty on Sunday which eventually cost 2 points. His weakness must be that he is probably a bit too confident in his undoubted, natural abilities. Standard refused a € 4 m offer last night from CSKA Moscow.

Edited by FromBelgium

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was an effectively free signing too, all we had to do was sell McFadden and Johnson :rolleyes:

I hope he's a success - although it shows how unfavourably we are looked on by Sky, it had gone past 2am before they announced we'd signed him despite someone (me!) sending a email to them including links from several newspaper sources and the official Standard Leige website confirming he'd signed.

I don't know anything about him but signs look promising. Belgians typically don't cost £12million so he must be something special. He also makes a very nice avatar thanks to his big hair.

I went to bed after one o'clock certain it was a rs wind up. Needless to say chuffed to fuck this morning :lol:

Re Licker's question:

If the monthly € 90 k figure is right, my guess would be that Fellaini will earn in one month over what he'd have earned in Belgium in one year. The highest earner in the Belgian 1st division (Mbark Boussoufa from Anderlecht) is believed to earn in the region of € 200,000 k per season. We just can't compete wallet-wise. A different thing on the pitch and on the night, though.

Boussoufa earns a lot more than 200.000€ per season. You're completely underestimating salaries in Belgium, at least for the top players. Most top players earn something between 600.000€ and 1.200.000€ per year.

PS last night I told you that Fellaini had signed, most of you were very sceptical. Does this mean that you'll pay my trip to Goodison Park? B)

I stand corrected.

Yet it is well known that a subtop player in Belgian 1st division will almost double his wages if he goes to Holland and treble them if he plays for a "big club" (Saints, Wolves, Brum and other parachute clubs) in the fizzy league.

To give you an example, Ba from Mouscron instantly multiplied his salary overnight by moving to a German 2nd division side. We just can't compete.

But I don't think we're here to discuss Belgain footbll wages, so end of.

After watching lunchtime news: Fellaini's monthly wages will be match his Liège's annual wages. Who wouldn't move for a 12-fold salary?

Edited by FromBelgium

Boussoufa earns a lot more than 200.000€ per season. You're completely underestimating salaries in Belgium, at least for the top players. Most top players earn something between 600.000€ and 1.200.000€ per year.

PS last night I told you that Fellaini had signed, most of you were very sceptical. Does this mean that you'll pay my trip to Goodison Park? B)

Haha. I wouldn't go that far! I'm sure we could get you a beer in though! You get to sample the delights of warm flat Chang. Lovelly stuff.

Edited by jamiemaher85

I stand corrected.

Yet it is well known that a subtop player in Belgian 1st division will almost double his wages if he goes to Holland and treble them if he plays for a "big club" (Saints, Wolves, Brum and other parachute clubs) in the fizzy league.

To give you an example, Ba from Mouscron instantly multiplied his salary overnight by moving to a German 2nd division side. We just can't compete.

But I don't think we're here to discuss Belgain footbll wages, so end of.

After watching lunchtime news: Fellaini's monthly wages will be match his Liège's annual wages. Who wouldn't move for a 12-fold salary?

So how much will he be Earning now, according to the latest news you've heard. ?

Haha. I wouldn't go that far! I'm sure we could get you a beer in though! You get to sample the delights of warm flat Chang. Lovelly stuff.

I realise the above was sarcastic but do I remember rightly from last year that there was no beer sales at the UEFA games or is that my memory playing up?!

Edited by brummieblue

€ 90,000 x 12.

Insane for any human being if you ask me

YES, I said last night when all the links to the belgium press was giving the 16 million euros fee, and 90.000 thousand euros salary £70 thousand pounds is a lot of money for us to pay.

Most of the other players are only on half of that, so i can see this causing a bit of discontent. (jealosy) i fear there may be a few players knocking on the managers door. <_<

PS .. ARE YOU SURE THATS PER MONTH, COS IF IT IS THATS VERY CHEAP. ITS ONLY HALF OF WHAT THE OTHER PLAYERS GET.

YES, I said last night when all the links to the belgium press was giving the 16 million euros fee, and 90.000 thousand euros salary £70 thousand pounds is a lot of money for us to pay.

Most of the other players are only on half of that, so i can see this causing a bit of discontent. (jealosy) i fear there may be a few players knocking on the managers door. <_<

PS .. ARE YOU SURE THATS PER MONTH, COS IF IT IS THATS VERY CHEAP. ITS ONLY HALF OF WHAT THE OTHER PLAYERS GET.

Although it is quoted net as mentioned earlier in the the thread so would collate to approximately £30,000 a week gross which is about right for us.

Although it is quoted net as mentioned earlier in the the thread so would collate to approximately £30,000 a week gross which is about right for us.

90,000.00 EUR = 73,146.31 GBP

73,146.31 * 12 = 877755.72 per year

877755.72 / 52 = £16879 per week

I've never known a £15million player to be paid 'little'. I wouldn't be surprised if Alan Shearer was on more when he signed for Newcastle in 1996!

the Echo is quoting £15m, possibly rising to £16m. I'm pretty sure they said pounds as well, not Euro's.

90,000.00 EUR = 73,146.31 GBP

73,146.31 * 12 = 877755.72 per year

877755.72 / 52 = £16879 per week

I've never known a £15million player to be paid 'little'. I wouldn't be surprised if Alan Shearer was on more when he signed for Newcastle in 1996!

Deceptive though if (as I think was stated) all those figures are net.

That equates to closer to £25,000 per week gross (how all salaries should be quoted) which sounds more realistic, and it'll no doubt be open to re-negotiation if he lives up to expectation.

Deceptive though if (as I think was stated) all those figures are net.

That equates to closer to £25,000 per week gross (how all salaries should be quoted) which sounds more realistic, and it'll no doubt be open to re-negotiation if he lives up to expectation.

Reading my post back it isn't exactly clear what I meant so thanks for clearing that up MikeO as that is what i was trying to portray so thanks for that!

Cheers. Don't want to go off topic too much, but as it'll be a 3 month recovery, I might, just might enjoy a few days on Merseyside, in which case I'll need tickets sorted out. I love my English football (and I am no glory hunter as my beloved place is St Mary's - watching Bally and KK at the Dell just got me hooked on Saints) and visiting a new place could be fun.

Edited by FromBelgium

Cheers. Don't want to go off topic too much, but as it'll be a 3 month recovery, I might, just might enjoy a few days on Merseyside, in which case I'll need tickets sorted out. I love my English football (and I am no glory hunter as my beloved place is St Mary's - watching Bally and KK at the Dell just got me hooked on Saints) and visiting a new place could be fun.

Well we were Bally's home for many years, we got the best out of him until harry Catterick had a moody and sold him. have you seen the KK thread in the light of todays events, I hate the barcodes but Keegan deserved better then that