IGNORED

Moyes: Is He Worth £3.4 Million Pounds A Season?

How about we stick to the football debate rather than making sly digs or belittling people?

Now moving on and back to the topic, great posts Regulator, I agree with all 3 of those posts 100%, particularly the fickle bit and the alternatives to Moyes not exactly instilling me with confidence.

Excuse me, my views are being described as demented but someone makes a little jibe like that and you object.

This thread has dis integrated into whether or not Moyes should stay or go, it was intended to ask if he was worth what he was reportedly asking for, IMO he isn't. Since the thread started my concerns about him have become more and more apparent, not through what I have written but because of his actions, or lack of action.

I am now of the opinion that David Moyes, as I wrote earlier, is like Moses, he has got us together, shown where to go but is incapable of taking us there, and history proves my point whether you like it or not. As for alternatives not instilling you with confidence, surely that is next to saying his is irreplaceable and he isn't. As for the contract, based on present performances, you are havin a larf.

Street end, if you find criticism of Moyes offensive then its you who have a problem mate, this is an open forum. If you read back I'm by no means alone in pointing out that Moyes has faults but then again your blind faith will stop you seeing most things, and this is not a rant, if you don't like it then don't read simple.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we stick to the football debate rather than making sly digs or belittling people?

Now moving on and back to the topic, great posts Regulator, I agree with all 3 of those posts 100%, particularly the fickle bit and the alternatives to Moyes not exactly instilling me with confidence.

carl you've done nothing but belittle people since day one on here mate, with your constant "i was right about 451"

if you cant take a little piss take from others then that is a shame

edit:

names for the job, dont know if they are employed right now but van basten and hiddink

Edited by StevO

i haven't been here very long but i think this is a great place to talk about everything evertonian and maybe we should just agree that some of us will not see eye to eye on this and discuss it more when more information regarding his contract comes into view. After all we're just sharing our thoughts and opinions as fans, we have no influence on what will happen, but it's important to us as fans to build as much a team spirit as their is in on the pitch. As far as im concerned, Everton existed far before moyes and did well and will do well long after he's gone, and after all, i support everton, not moyes.

As far as this discussion goes, he may not be worth 3.4 million a year, and he may not be irreplaceable, but at this moment he is our manager and i'm in his corner as long as he is. My primary focus is backing a team that's had a bad start to help them go on to have a good season, nay, a GREAT season. And it can be done. With moyes or without.

BRING ON THE GUNNERS! COYB! :D

i haven't been here very long but i think this is a great place to talk about everything evertonian and maybe we should just agree that some of us will not see eye to eye on this and discuss it more when more information regarding his contract comes into view. After all we're just sharing our thoughts and opinions as fans, we have no influence on what will happen, but it's important to us as fans to build as much a team spirit as their is in on the pitch. As far as im concerned, Everton existed far before moyes and did well and will do well long after he's gone, and after all, i support everton, not moyes.

As far as this discussion goes, he may not be worth 3.4 million a year, and he may not be irreplaceable, but at this moment he is our manager and i'm in his corner as long as he is. My primary focus is backing a team that's had a bad start to help them go on to have a good season, nay, a GREAT season. And it can be done. With moyes or without.

BRING ON THE GUNNERS! COYB! :D

Regulator: that in essence is how we started off, he was reportedly asking far too much for his limited skills and the club is bigger than the man yet somehow others wanted to give him the bloody Earth, not surprisingly they are the same ones who don't believe we have a crisis in the club, I do

carl you've done nothing but belittle people since day one on here mate, with your constant "i was right about 451"

edit:

names for the job, dont know if they are employed right now but van basten and hiddink

Do you think we'd get Van Basten Steve?

If we had a Billionaire in charge he could probably get anybody he wanted, Money talks Jim.

Morning Bill, yes you're right mate. In that case Big Phil for me, the job he is doing at Chelsea, money or not, is brilliant even the style of play is now what Abramovich paid for. That brings us back to Moyes, he has done all he can and we should be forever grateful to him for that but no one should lose sight of the man's limitations which are all to obvious IMO. If I was Ambani or who ever and wished to buy the club Moyes would be offered back room or goodbye and a more capable guy, a more charismatic person if you like, would replace him

edit:

I can take a joke especially when I don't give a rat's ass what you think, I just think it's pathetic posting solely to make a little dig - how does that add to the debate?

Anyway, this thread is now becoming a waste of time, whilst we struggle those who are anti-Moyes will continue to thrive and spread the doom and gloom, just like some members were all over our lack of signings in the summer and spreading unrest with nonsensical rumours. I'll revisit this thread in 10 games or so when we can get a better picture. If Moyes is driven out by some of our knee jerk fans then if we end up with someone like Allardyce I hope you're happy.

Edited by carlmc25

I remember going to matches and hearing the same sort of abuse that jimmy the blue and some others are directing at Moyes,non stop game after game, it sickened me then and it sickens me now,constructive criticism yes, but this sort of abuse no, he has hardly got us relegated has he?Jimmy you say i have blind faith but having laid out £1400 for season tickets i go along to the game hoping to win, otherwise what is the point. I know things are not great , but i am willing to give the manager my full support. The season has only just started and for what he has done for us since he came i think we owe him that, By the way the matches i refer to at the start were when Howard Kendall was manager and how stupid he made the boo-boy mob look when we started lifting trophies and surely that is a lesson in itself patience can pay off COYB

From the Echo...

Moyes confirmed that he hoped to sign his new contract before the Blues’ next match at Arsenal.

A deal has been agreed on, but a couple of minor details are being reworded by lawyers. Moyes hopes to put pen to paper either by the end of this week or early next week.

Well thats some set up Jamie mate some of the best players the game has seen, I expect Ajax to be playing some good stuff in the future.

I think Regulators post pretty much sums it up everyone has varied views on the subject. Myself personally i think Moyes has done a great job so far but i think its been more the case we have punched above our weight for some time and now its showing, If Moyes was given money as the other clubs do im sure he would be able to turn the tables in terms of chasing the top four but untill we gain investment thats on the back burner.

I think our season will pick up in saying that i dont think we will see a top six finish but i'd expect us to climb the table and be a top ten team.

I have faith in Moyes not a great amount by any means but a tad, the concern i have with Moyes is his lack of motivation that seems to be showing and his negative tactics it may be wrong but in my eyes i think Irvine played a bigger part then thought.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I can take a joke especially when I don't give a rat's ass what you think, I just think it's pathetic posting solely to make a little dig - how does that add to the debate?

you obviously do give a rats ass or you wouldnt have commented would you? i'll hold my hand up, i am pathetic, nail me to the fucking cross! get a life

Van Basten has only just taken over as coach of Ajax, I very much doubt we could compete for him. Its quite a tasty managerial combo at Ajax actually, with Van Basten Manager, Bergkamp assistant and Cryuff is involved with the youth team.

are you joking? give them a few years and they will be back dominating europe again, that is one hell of a team they have there, the football they should be playing!!!

Edited by StevO

you obviously do give a rats ass or you wouldnt have commented would you? i'll hold my hand up, i am pathetic, nail me to the fucking cross! get a life

I'm pretty happy with my life thanks, I'm not the one posting to take digs against people who I'm not even having a debate with, the one who can't take it that the person who really gets on his tits was right about 451 and I'm not the one who spends his whole life crying about a possible move to Kirkby. But at least you admitted you're pathetic, that's a start I suppose.

are you joking? give them a few years and they will be back dominating europe again, that is one hell of a team they have there, the football they should be playing!!!

They have some very promising youngsters coming through as well. Unfortunatly the team has been hit heavily with injury at the start of the season so have started slowly, but if they can keep thios coaching team together for a few years then they could really start going places.

The reason Hunterlar stayed this year was for the chance to work with these three, and i can understand why. They have a few people to look out for though, Luis Suarz looks very tasty, also they have Wesley Snieders younger brother and he looks brilliant. Ismail Aissati, Cvitivanich and Sulejmani also all look good. In 1 or 2 years they could be a real force again.

I'm pretty happy with my life thanks, I'm not the one posting to take digs against people who I'm not even having a debate with, the one who can't take it that the person who really gets on his tits was right about 451 and I'm not the one who spends his whole life crying about a possible move to Kirkby. But at least you admitted you're pathetic, that's a start I suppose.

again, you dont give a rats ass but still had the need to justify and give one back.

They have some very promising youngsters coming through as well. Unfortunatly the team has been hit heavily with injury at the start of the season so have started slowly, but if they can keep thios coaching team together for a few years then they could really start going places.

The reason Hunterlar stayed this year was for the chance to work with these three, and i can understand why. They have a few people to look out for though, Luis Suarz looks very tasty, also they have Wesley Snieders younger brother and he looks brilliant. Ismail Aissati, Cvitivanich and Sulejmani also all look good. In 1 or 2 years they could be a real force again.

Huntelaar is a quality player as it is, if he can learn from them three he'll be in demand even more than he is already. ive seen suarez before, but not none of the others i dont think.

Edited by StevO

Back on subject - Moyes will sign when the money arrives whether it is via Arabs,Indians or Americans! The two American deceiving prats across the park get lots of heavyweight well deserved criticism but just how much worse than Kenright are they? Kenright is not a visionary, he is a dreamer and as long as Everton are reliant upon him they will win nothing!

YEH!.......Your right red!

Kenwright is a dreamer.We can only guess that he dreamt that Everton could perhaps, not only just survive in the present "we want the arabs to buy us, so we can win something other than a lucky cup" climate, but in fact actually break into the areas (top 4) that would enable us to generate more money ourselves.......Thinking about it he did, break into the top 4, without big money and credit to him, Moyes and Everton!

Now though every team seems destined to be bought out! and the poor, loyal old dreamer that Kenwright is, will just have to let his beloved team go!

Let's just hope we don't get terrible new owners like you red!.......after all who wants owners who will go out and spend mega millions on the players you want !!

Yanks out!!................we want Arabs, they've got MORE money......we MUST buy that championship before Gerrard retires :rolleyes:

Death threats!......you should be asamed of yourselves!........it's only a bloody game!

• 4 weeks later...