IGNORED

Under Ambani

Mcsheffrey is a decent Championship standard player about as good as Nugent

Stephen Hunt is average Prem standard who might make the bench

Dont know Buazsaky

Derbyshire isnt as godd as Vaughn and no better than Anichebe

never heard of Bradlet Orr so couldnt comment

I dont think there is any point signing players that wont improve the squad, we have enough numbers in the squad now especially as the season is effectively over, with the possible exception of an FA Cup run.

I dont think were bad enough to go down and I know were not good enough to get into Europe so we may as well use whats left of a long season to consolidate . I would rather we made one or two good signings next summer and give the young lads a chance for now

Nugent is a striker which McSheffrey is not he can play there but is a Left Winger so comparing him to Nugent is way off the mark to start with, He's quick has a great cross and can score goals.

Stephen Hunt has already shown he can cut it in the prem its just shortsighted people overlook what this type of player gives to a team as we have seen with Carsley's departure. No world beater i know but his effort and determination are attributes which not many footballers carry today.

Ákos Buzsáky http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akos_Buzsaky is a very skillful CM who will end up playing in the Prem and imo would be a massive hit here.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hFRxEHXgb78

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H1B6u3Qlrlk

Derbyshire is a totally different player to Vaughan thats why i said would work well with not better then, He's a better player then Anichebe by far imo he has a better work rate he is quicker can play the ball better and can score from anywhere.

Bradley Orr is a good rightback as i've said regarded as the best outside of the Prem.

The point i made was we all know without investment we wont be spending alot of money so making the most of what we will most likely have was my point. We have bought Championship players a few times now and each one has more or less paid off. I'd much rather bring in a couple good prospects from the Championship then waste alot of money on one or two big money signings that could turn out to be duds.

The season is far from over we've played eight games for fucks sake there's still 30 to go we are only six points behind Villa who are in 6th spot. I know where far from a team that looks like challenging for Europe but we can realistically finish within the top eight.

Edited by EFC-Paul

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nugent is a striker which McSheffrey is not he can play there but is a Left Winger so comparing him to Nugent is way off the mark to start with, He's quick has a great cross and can score goals.

Stephen Hunt has already shown he can cut it in the prem its just shortsighted people overlook what this type of player gives to a team as we have seen with Carsley's departure. No world beater i know but his effort and determination are attributes which not many footballers carry today.

Ákos Buzsáky http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akos_Buzsaky is a very skillful CM who will end up playing in the Prem and imo would be a massive hit here.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hFRxEHXgb78

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H1B6u3Qlrlk

Derbyshire is a totally different player to Vaughan thats why i said would work well with not better then, He's a better player then Anichebe by far imo he has a better work rate he is quicker can play the ball better and can score from anywhere.

Bradley Orr is a good rightback as i've said regarded as the best outside of the Prem.

The point i made was we all know without investment we wont be spending alot of money so making the most of what we will most likely have was my point. We have bought Championship players a few times now and each one has more or less paid off. I'd much rather bring in a couple good prospects from the Championship then waste alot of money on one or two big money signings that could turn out to be duds.

The season is far from over we've played eight games for fucks sake there's still 30 to go we are only six points behind Villa who are in 6th spot. I know where far from a team that looks like challenging for Europe but we can realistically finish within the top eight.

I wasnt trying to imply that Nugent and McSheffery were similar in style, (McSeffery is more like James Mcfadden but not as good) I just meant that he was a similar standard ie a decent championship player who couldnt do it in the Prem.

As for the season being over I was implying that we have got absolutely no chance what so ever of finishing in a European place and equally I dont think we will go down therefore we have nothing to play for apart from maybe the FA Cup

I agree that we will have to shop in the championship but I would prefer to see us buy 1 quality player in the summer than 4 or 5 run of the mill players in Jan.

I know we have only played 8 games(may as well call it 9 because we will get humped good and proper by Man U this weekend) but the side look so poor at the moment that unless there is a monumental turn around immediately the season realisticly is over.

I have no doubt that the team will improve as the seson goes on and we might even be a decent side again after Xmas but by then its too late

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I like Woodgate i think when on form and fit he's one of the best defenders in the Prem would like to see him and Jags,Come Jan i hope we bring in a few new faces here's a few i'd have a go at if we have enough if any funds.

Players In:

Gary McSheffrey - Pacey Left winger with a great finish and can also play up front when needed.

Stephen Hunt - Strong reliable and gives 100% a player i think could gel our squad.

Akos Buzsaky - Quality Right winger who can score also regarded as one of the best outside of the Prem.

Matt Derbyshire - Very underrated imo, young English and can score, would work well with Vaughan.

Bradley Orr - Local lad who's regarded as one of the best RB's outside of the Prem.

Players Out:

Hibbert

Anichebe

Andy van der Meyde

Valente

I'd obviously love to sign players such as Mountinho's quality but until we do get investment signings like that wont happen so the above are quite realistic and players who i think would improve our squad and would not reguire the biggest of transfure kitty's to bring those players in.

Players In:

Gary McSheffrey - Pacey Left winger with a great finish and can also play up front when needed. Nah mate, not for me that one Agree with DMIM.

Stephen Hunt - Strong reliable and gives 100% a player i think could gel our squad. Excellent, he's a great player.

Akos Buzsaky - Quality Right winger who can score also regarded as one of the best outside of the Prem. Not heard of him.

Matt Derbyshire - Very underrated imo, young English and can score, would work well with Vaughan Not that good. Rated well, he's fair crap.

Bradley Orr - Local lad who's regarded as one of the best RB's outside of the Prem. Great sign him up!

Players Out:

Hibbert K

Anichebe K

Andy van der Meyde K

Valente OMG!? He's superb.

I like Woodgate i think when on form and fit he's one of the best defenders in the Prem would like to see him and Jags,Come Jan i hope we bring in a few new faces here's a few i'd have a go at if we have enough if any funds.

Players In:

Gary McSheffrey - Pacey Left winger with a great finish and can also play up front when needed.

Stephen Hunt - Strong reliable and gives 100% a player i think could gel our squad.

Akos Buzsaky - Quality Right winger who can score also regarded as one of the best outside of the Prem.

Matt Derbyshire - Very underrated imo, young English and can score, would work well with Vaughan.

Bradley Orr - Local lad who's regarded as one of the best RB's outside of the Prem.

Players Out:

Hibbert

Anichebe

Andy van der Meyde

Valente

I'd obviously love to sign players such as Mountinho's quality but until we do get investment signings like that wont happen so the above are quite realistic and players who i think would improve our squad and would not reguire the biggest of transfure kitty's to bring those players in.

A computer game-based knowledge of football - what a load of shite!

A computer game-based knowledge of football - what a load of shite!

What the fuck are you going on about you tit its my opinion nothing more nothing less i dont have any football games mate so dont act a twit and try and be funny, if you dont like other people's opinions do as Dark and Dmac have thats the whole point of a forum you nugget.

@Dark & Dmac, the only reason i picked Valente is he is behind Baines and Lescott in the pecking order and with his contract running out in 09 i think he will go, Its more of a player i think will leave then one i want to as i also think he's a good player.

Yeah i see where your coming from with McSheffrey mate was my misunderstanding its nothing i'd defo buy its just a quick list of players who imo might improve our current squad if i had a choice and knew how much funds would be available i'd look at other options, the only players i would bring in from the list would be Akos Buzsaky & Stephen Hunt if we had a limited budget.

One player i wish we snapped up is Mauro Zárate when he left Birmingham scored 6 in 5 for Lazio so far.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Where do you want our future to be - lower-mid table strugglers? - then these are the types of players we'd need to sign (hunt excluded) - do you honestly think mcsheffery and derbyshire would improve ou squad? - if you do you need your head checking - it comes down to where do we want our club to go and these are your claus thomsen, gareth farelly, tony thomas signings. If you're evertonian you wouldn't want us to sign shit, so i put it down to a serious lack of football knowledge or you've signed these chaps on your computer game and they came good so you thought you'd suggest it on here - which ever it is, it's the biggest load of shite i've read for some time!

As for going about your opinion diplomatically... it's such a ridiculous post you needed some stick lad!

Edited by c1982

Where do you want our future to be - lower-mid table strugglers? - then these are the types of players we'd need to sign (hunt excluded) - do you honestly think mcsheffery and derbyshire would improve ou squad? - if you do you need your head checking - it comes down to where do we want our club to go and these are your claus thomsen, gareth farelly, tony thomas signings. If you're evertonian you wouldn't want us to sign shit, so i put it down to a serious lack of football knowledge or you've signed these chaps on your computer game and they came good so you thought you'd suggest it on here - which ever it is, it's the biggest load of shite i've read for some time!

As for going about your opinion diplomatically... it's such a ridiculous post you needed some stick lad!

I suppose you though the same of Lescott Cahill Lee Carsley Dan Gosling players who all came from next to nothing and have or look to have been quality buys from the Championship, the only one which might not have been a good suggestion was Derbyshire but i still think he's better then Victor.

Did you see the post above yours i said it was a quick list of players i though might improve our squad given a tight budget i also said the only two i would take out of the list of proposed players would be Hunt and Buzsaky, In any case its my opinion not yours it doesnt warrant a goby little shite like you to come out with comments like that. If you had such a great footballing knowledge you would know that Buzsaky is one of the hottest prospects in the Championship and Orr also. We aint a multimillion pound outfit who can spend big so those players where cheap suggestions nothing more, with your great footballing knowlage why dont you put some positive input in and suggest playerswithin a tight budget we could sign????

I dont think you have much up top mate as forums are for debating not acting like a little muppet with rash and harsh posts.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Don't know if you guys saw it or not, but one of the teams i was gonna keep an eye on for possible players was Braga, who today/yesterday trashed Pompey 3-0. There's some very interesting talent on that team, so you might want to take a look at them.

Vandinho, Alan, Luis Aguiar are a few names just off the top of my head

I am sorry c1982 but you are wrong on this one, his post is ridiculous in your eyes for everyone else it is his opinion.

As for being diplomatic, have you read your posts where you are 'attacking' EFC-Paul, hardly diplomatic yourself.

BACK ON TO THE SUBJECT...

players who will improve us up the league, then once we have established european football come the end of the season thats when we get the big players.

Back on subject then... under Ambani! - so we don't want to sign shite from the championship and back-up blackburn players!

Right-back is an area we could improve - i doubt orr would improve us - okay championship right-back of the year - i'd imagine hibbert or neville could easily be the best right back in the championship - to improve we need someone like glenn johnson - if we had millions as topic suggests, he'd be fantastic.

Def-mid - castillo obviously isn't the answer in DM's eyes at the mo - with money i like the sound of m'bai and cana but someone who could do a job who i believe we should have gone for in summer is scott parker - not sure about huddlestone, great vision but would he be a good enough cars replacement.

Wings - obinna excited me having watched him in the olympics - something totally different to what we have. Perfect winger for us at the mo in my opinion would be zhirkov - was quality on left for russia at euro's, att and def. Hunt would have been a good signing in aug but if we're talking about ambani's millions on this thread, we should be talking about our zhirkov's and turan's.

Att - We need the Zaki/ injury-free ashton type striker in my opinion - if saha can produce what he has in the past then he'll be a quality signing - was a little gutted we didn't get bent in summer - think he will always score goals.

Looking around the championship - Hennessey (GK), Kightly (wing), Blake (fwd) all from wolves, Ledley (wing) from cardiff, doyle (fwd) from reading - the obvious ones really but they're the obvious ones because there is such a gulf between championship and prem - when we signed lescott, cahill and jags they were obvious ones at that time - still gambles, but they stood out from some other championship players as the others do here. This topic is 'under ambani' so it's suggesting we'll have money to burn - these championship players would be good squad members.

Back on subject then... under Ambani! - so we don't want to sign shite from the championship and back-up blackburn players! - grow up mate its the internet.

As the Ambani interest if there where any to begin with had died down people started to post realistic suggestions thats what i did, By that i mean players who we could afford and would be willing to come here. I already said Derbyshire was not a great example but still better then Victor imo so that would be improvment. You have contradicted yourself again, Orr and Buzsaky fall into that category of players who stand out and Bent was Spur's 4th choice striker so backup player applies to him also. I agree Kightly would be a good signing the only worry is his ankle injury and Obinna also looks a very good talent. I wouldnt want M'bia due to his attitude i would much rather have Hunt.

Def: Bradley Orr

Mid: Stephen Hunt, Akos Buszaky, Matías Fernández

Att: Arouna Koné

Bent and Derbyshire are slightly different players - bent a player who has a proven goal-scoring record, derbyshire a player who has played a few games in the prem and not really done a lot - i'd have bent any day.

As for championship players - the one's i've stated on ones who'd have a chance at the bigger clubs - orr and buszaky are your lower prem players.

Having seen what happened at pompy now, glenn johnson would be a realistic idea - watching neville yesterday suggests we're alright for now.

Referring to yesterdays game we need the scott parker - or even mark noble (I prefer english players) or m'bai/ cana to battle in the middle instead of ossie (as much as i love him).

Scott Parker is a good player showed alot of promise at Newcastle but has not in the games he has played looked half the player he was also picks up injuries quite often, Glenn Johnson is a quality player who id love to have here another Portsmouth player i would love to sign Diarra i think Arsenal slipped up in letting him go and has shown he can boss a midfield as good as anyone and i think he would fit right in here.

Woulden't mind seeing Diego down at Goodison Park - He flopped as a teenager at Porto but, in the past two years, he has established himself as one of the best playmaking attacking midfielders in Europe. Creates tons of chances and scores a fair few, too. He would do well alongside Pienaar and Fellaini, would boost the teams attacking style and would probably get a fair few into the net.

Would like to see the old (but still great) Willy Sagnol down in our team, he would be great at right-back allowing Neville to either push into the centre or play at defensive-midfield. It's not often a veteran right back with 53 French caps becomes available but Sagnol says the rift with Ottmar Hitzfeld, the Bayern manager, can't be healed. Still has several seasons at the highest level in his 30-year-old legs. When Bayerm get tired of him and let him go onto the market, it would be good to see us in the hunt.

Would also like to see the under-rated Bradley Wright-Phillips. He was the top-scorer for the Manchester City reserve team in the season 2003-04. On 6 December 2004, he scored his first Premiership goal within minutes of making his Premiership début against Middlesbrough. After his superb goal in the 3-2 loss to Middlesbrough he had become somewhat of a favourite with the Manchester City fans. He has also played for England Under 19s, would fit nicely into our squad.

Would like to see the old (but still great) Willy Sagnol down in our team, he would be great at right-back allowing Neville to either push into the centre or play at defensive-midfield. It's not often a veteran right back with 53 French caps becomes available but Sagnol says the rift with Ottmar Hitzfeld, the Bayern manager, can't be healed. Still has several seasons at the highest level in his 30-year-old legs. When Bayerm get tired of him and let him go onto the market, it would be good to see us in the hunt.

Would also like to see the under-rated Bradley Wright-Phillips. He was the top-scorer for the Manchester City reserve team in the season 2003-04. On 6 December 2004, he scored his first Premiership goal within minutes of making his Premiership début against Middlesbrough. After his superb goal in the 3-2 loss to Middlesbrough he had become somewhat of a favourite with the Manchester City fans. He has also played for England Under 19s, would fit nicely into our squad.

I'm not going to have another rant (oh fuck it I may as well!) WHAT THE FUCK! Neville in midfield again - do you watch any Everton games? We've all established he's the best right-back at the club and often looks out of place in centre mid - sagnol is quality, but please let's just leave captain nev where he is!

As for Bradley Wright-Phillips - 2004 wants it's prospect back! It's 2008 and he's dropped a division and he's generally not a first teamer for them - he would not be a good squad member - baxter and lukas are good squad members with potential - vic and vaughan are yet to totally fulfill their potential - we don't need someone older than all (i think '21/22'?) of them to come in as a squad member who never actually did fulfill their potential!

Don't know if you guys saw it or not, but one of the teams i was gonna keep an eye on for possible players was Braga, who today/yesterday trashed Pompey 3-0. There's some very interesting talent on that team, so you might want to take a look at them.

Vandinho, Alan, Luis Aguiar are a few names just off the top of my head

Just wanted to do a bit of a follow up on this last post, Braga defeated Amadora 5-0 yesterday night, with another superb performance.

you can see a translated report here: http://translate.google.pt/translate?u=htt...PT&ie=UTF-8

Emphasis again on Alan, Luis Aguiar and Renteria.

Luis Aguiar is more than likely beeing watched atm, and will most likely move at the end of the season at the latest.

Dempo Sports Club is a sports club based in Panjim, Goa. Its football side is one of India's most prominent football teams. The club is owned and sponsored by the Dempo group of companies. In the 2004/05 season, the club won its maiden National Football League title. They won the league again in the 2006-2007 season and followed it with the I-League triumph in the recently concluded inaugral-I-league 2007-08. The head coach of the club is Armando Colaco.

Players of prominence on the team include Indian nationals Climax Lawrence,Clifford Miranda and Mahesh Gawli and Ranty Martins Soleye of Nigeria

Better get used to these then :P

if this guy takes us over he would proberly want to bring in some Indians to play for us

Why? Thats just stupid.

You don't see Liverpool or Man Utd pushing for American signings

You don't see Chelsea pushing for Russian signings

I doubt City will try and bring in a lot of Arabs.

If these people are serious they will sign players on quality, not region.

I think he was joking Jamie. I think an idiot would actually post that and believe in it. India's standards are nowhere near the Irish Leage, never mind the English League. The man behind the money will look at the wider scale when purchasing players rather than where they come from. Abramovich didn't know much about football when he bought Chelsea and he let Ranieri/Mourinhio decide who was bought and sold, sure he bought Shevchenkho himself but that was about all. If we get taken over I'm sure that the chairman would sign Kaka' over Ali Mu-Habsan. (Whoever he may be)

I think he was joking Jamie. I think an idiot would actually post that and believe in it. India's standards are nowhere near the Irish Leage, never mind the English League. The man behind the money will look at the wider scale when purchasing players rather than where they come from. Abramovich didn't know much about football when he bought Chelsea and he let Ranieri/Mourinhio decide who was bought and sold, sure he bought Shevchenkho himself but that was about all. If we get taken over I'm sure that the chairman would sign Kaka' over Ali Mu-Habsan. (Whoever he may be)

You have to realise the other shit he posts. Today he claimed to have scored at hattrick while playing against a defender we've been linked with. Its an endless stream...

i played against when I was on trial with Lazio, good player but didnt stop me kicking a hatrick

You have to realise the other shit he posts. Today he claimed to have scored at hattrick while playing against a defender we've been linked with. Its an endless stream...

LOL

Yeah I see what you mean mate. He's attempted to lock the Longest Thread and attempted to warn us about an Indian Cahill. It's a free forum, I guess we all have our opinions Jamie.. :rolleyes: