IGNORED

G14 - The Demise Of The Great Organisation

Lets get back to the facts shall we, IF the G14 teams broke off with out the permission of FIFA they would have to be playing a new game with a new name, as FIFA own the right to the "game" Football and Soccer and ALL language translations of such. Therefore they would be playing i dont know... toe ball, footkick?

and whats this "FIFA are shit scared of G14, and rightly so!"

hmm get real mate, how many professional footballing companies are there in the world?

Goldfish - your idea of what would happen if this "super league" took off, i think you got it spot on mate.

yes football is a business, and with any business its the customers that matter. or "fans" as this industry calls us, look at the champions league games, when italian teams travel they dont take that many fans as the cost is huge, imagine that cost every other week. no away fans im affraid, well, a very small ammount at least! kids cant go because of the over inflated prices (albeit even worse than now!) and then no bond with the club, no love for the club which can only come from a lifetime of emotions shared in that atmosphere (which has already been lost due to all the problems that have developed though the G14 super league!)

im rantin now, but you get the picture.

FIFA doesnt need G14

G14 needs FIFA

I agree with what you saying steve, but I guess stranger things have happened

Really cant wait (and hope it does soon) for the whole bubble to burst regarding football.

Wasnt it the G14 who instigated the changes to the champions league, to include non champions

if the dont like it they will lose the 18 biggest clubs in european football - then they would be fucked.

or those 18 clubs would be!

how many of their own fans i wonder would despise such a move? i know i despise corporate greed, and thats all this is! an attempt to monopolise our sport for their own financial gain.

anyone who would support that is an asshole!

and quite frankly i would be delighted to see these rich bastards get their come uppance. and i suspect that they would!

soccer fans are working class. not snotty, rich conservative bastards. if they wanna start their own league, go right ahead say i.

they will be banging on the door of the premier league withing 2 seasons pleading to be re-admitted.

Hey lads, I think Keith Wyness has been on the site...

So what are Ajax, PSV, Porto, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Marseilles, Paris SG and Valencia doing in the G-14? Owners got the right handshake probably.

Keith Wyness told BBC Radio Five Live: "It is a very dangerous group motivated by greed and self-interest and I think it is very damaging to football.

"There seems to be some sort of secret handshake to get into it."

He's nicking my lines!! :angry:

Edited by mikeo

Hey lads, I think Keith Wyness has been on the site...

Keith Wyness told BBC Radio Five Live: "It is a very dangerous group motivated by greed and self-interest and I think it is very damaging to football.

"There seems to be some sort of secret handshake to get into it."

He's nicking my lines!! :angry:

Mike, come on now, own up.

ARE YOU BIG KEITH

Guest Reg Reagan

i think i have seen something like this when i was in australia (cant remember which sport it was) and it had a HUGE effect on the sport itself and the clubs... and the clubs went broke and were to to either merge or be kicked out of the competition...

i tells ya... this is a very scary situation here

Guest fozzie22
Again, another poor grip on reality!

just because you say everyone will leave clubs, it doesnt make it true.

Players want to play for the best clubs, in the best league that pay the best wages. 

It wont happen, as i have already said because FIFA are shit scared of them - and rightly so.

Got to agree,they are the wage masters of the players,not the fa,fifa or whoever

You darn right there scared of them,but for that prick wyness to weigh into the argument made Everton as a club sound jealous and bitter toward them.

The reason they are there is there successful,well managed clubs,Everton arent.

Bl**dy hell Fozz, the truth hurts. We know we don't have the biggest squad or even the most talented players, our fans make up for some of the shortfalls, but there is no excuse for lacking ambition in any business.

We are in existance to make a quid or two, that is the bottom line, but not many financial concerns are invested emotionally in the way footie is.

Personal feelings - disband the G14, publicly flog Sepp Blatter, go back to the three European cups.

F*ck the CL, f*ck Corporate domination of the World Cup and f*ck Ian Rush (the last one was a bit of a wander, but it was heartfelt).

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22
Bl**dy hell Fozz, the truth hurts. We know we don't have the biggest squad or even the most talented players, our fans make up for some of the shortfalls, but there is no excuse for lacking ambition in any business.

We are in existance to make a quid or two, that is the bottom line, but not many financial concerns are invested emotionally in the way footie is.

Personal feelings - disband the G14, publicly flog Sepp Blatter, go back to the three European cups. 

F*ck the CL, f*ck Corporate domination of the World Cup and f*ck Ian Rush (the last one was a bit of a wander, but it was heartfelt).

ATB

Mac

Its 21 years since our sole european success,i know i was there,we have no right to expect entry into the "big boys club" in fact even if we where winning the CL every year i doubt whether we would get entry,we aint fashionable.

The CL is purely about money,and yes i would love to see the 3 euro comps back,but its just not going to happen,football is run by people motivated by greed.

FIFA cannot function without the clubs,no player would would give up silly money to "play for the country",the cash is once again the main factor here as well,FIFA have backed down before and frankly they will do so again,mainly because they ARE scared of the clubs,its a vicious circle sadly.

Guest Reg Reagan

blatter has made a threat to the G14 clubs that he will kick them out of international tournaments if they dont abide by the FIFA rules...

the G14 clubs wants to sue FIFA 900million dating back 10 years ago to compensate them for injured players while on international duties for their country...

FFS how low can these stupid clubs be?

No, although they did apply to join but it was reject by three members Man USA, Barcelona and Arsenal - Strangely Liverpool voted for Ch$lski to join.

You talk out of your arse.

the european cup was going long before the G14 was invented.

the CL was going long before the G14 merged.

Its a bollox organisation that has yet to implement one good thing for either its member clubs or football in general.

It pops its ugly head now and then with a daft suggestion - like' pay us £900m for compensation' and then its put to bed as quickly as it shows itself.

Uefa will disband it and if it starts its own leagues it will be hard pressed to find the backing and sponsorship-as uefa holds all the cards. and the g14 knows it!

Fuck off twit...

who the fuck are you to talk to me like that - you and your club are forever in our shadow, you are fuck all.

Fuck you, southampton, villa and forest - and the rest of you pretenders

Deluded is an understatement.

Its about history he says...

the CL ratings are based on the previous 3 yrs of european competition only.

The g14 is a monopolised group that would not be warranted under current european law if it was a business. (code and directive states that a membership ran business has to be open to al who wish to apply - thats why golf clubs in europe are no longer 'private' and are all open memberships!)

its not about whether you are red or blue - its about fairness...

the conservative party was thrown out of power in this country because they formed alliances that made the rich richer and the poor poorer. Most people in LIverpool voted labour to stop the rot.

what is different about the G14 - the rich clubs get richer and the poor clubs get poorer.

is that Cest la vie? If so then most people in this country and other european countries are calling themselves hypocrites by their own morales.

Its not fair trading, its not a legitimate association - its a gentlemans club and they are banned in the UK and europe so why isn't G14 stopped in its tracks?!

I cant answer that, but I guarantee that it wont be around for much longer.

G14 - super league - go on, i dare you. no more derby games, no more away trips (who will be able to afford regular away trips to italy, france, spain)

How will teams be promoted, relegated etc.

ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AND THE SOONER THE RS GET THAT INTO THEIR HEADS AND STOP THINKING THAT EVERY ANTI-EUROPEAN COMMENT IS A STAB AT THEM, THE BETTER!

And another thing..

what is the criteria for be selected for the G14?

Ahhh thats right - there isn't one.

Its just like golf clubs used to be before equal rights came into force.

there was no application - you had to know the secret hand shake...

well like golf clubs, like the masons (or squared circle in corry), like the rotary club...its original ways and methods will be blown to pieces and everyone will be allowed to apply for membership otherwise it will be disbanded.

THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A CLOSED MEMBERSHIP ORGANISATION FOR THE TOP GROUP -EVER! our very own promotion/relegation system was put in place for that very reason.