IGNORED

West Ham. (away)

Bill

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm as pleased as anyone about getting another 3 points, I just hope the fan and Moyes don't let the result hide the fact that for 80 minutes we were shocking. A better side would have hammered us today, so I'm thankful we were playing no one better than West Ham.

On the money again Romey, we need a massive turnaround in how we play, but for now I'm still ecstatic that we got the 3 points! :D

We were shite but to be honest there's been many many times under Moyes that we've played shite and won games. I think if anyone's waiting for us to start putting out really good footballing performances on a regular basis they'll be waiting a long time.

Is decent too much to ask for though? I'd just like to see us string more than 3 forward passes together on a regular basis tbh :angry:

The back four/keeper did ok today. Yes we were shite and exceptionaly fortunate to win ut the defenders arent to blame.

The midfiled was non existent and the Saha never had a look in until the last 10 mins

well im not bein funny mate but what would you prefer us to outplay west ham and get fuck all or play shite and nick the win i know what id rather!! the performances will come im sure its just a confidence thing put it this way if we had gone 1 down at the beginning of the season dya really think we would have brought it back like we did i doubt it very much

The point to take from all this is while we have 3 points how long exactly can we keep this up? If we played every match like this and came 5th I wouldn't be a proud evertonian, I wouldn't wave it in everyone's faces like I did last season because last season we actually played some decent threatening football, last season we actually built an impression in people's minds that could win games down to skill and determination, and teams didn't want to play us knowing this was the case.

The impression teams are rapidly developing of Everton are that we're a team who'll play absolute shit, rely on luck to help them survive to the dying minutes and then string a half decent attack together and nick the win. Try and think of this if you were a West Ham fan...or better if the score was the other way around and we were the ones who owned the pitch for 80 minutes and then lost 3-1? I'd be fucking pissed off. We are not a different team to last year by way of players, far from it, we can field exactly the same team we had last season bar mcfadden johnson and carsley, and I shudder to think that it was those 3 players that gave us the form that took us to 5th, because at this rate our luck will run out, and we won't get very far on the form we are on at the moment.

While I'm happy with 3 points I'm more than disappointed with the way we are playing compared to how we can play, and I think Moyes needs to start earning that 3.5 mil a year if we are going to get any respect back.

Edited by The Regulator

The point to take from all this is while we have 3 points how long exactly can we keep this up? If we played every match like this and came 5th I wouldn't be a proud evertonian, I wouldn't wave it in everyone's faces like I did last season because last season we actually played some decent threatening football, last season we actually built an impression in people's minds that could win games down to skill and determination, and teams didn't want to play us knowing this was the case.

The impression teams are rapidly developing of Everton are that we're a team who'll play absolute shit, rely on luck to help them survive to the dying minutes and then string a half decent attack together and nick the win. Try and think of this if you were a West Ham fan...or better if the score was the other way around and we were the ones who owned the pitch for 80 minutes and then lost 3-1? I'd be fucking pissed off. We are not a different team to last year by way of players, far from it, we can field exactly the same team we had last season bar mcfadden johnson and carsley, and I shudder to think that it was those 3 players that gave us the form that took us to 5th, because at this rate our luck will run out, and we won't get very far on the form we are on at the moment.

While I'm happy with 3 points I'm more than disappointed with the way we are playing compared to how we can play, and I think Moyes needs to start earning that 3.5 mil a year if we are going to get any respect back.

I'm in complete agreement with you mate, spot on. You don't mind winning luckily every now and again but that luck can't hold out forever, and if we continue to play like we did today a lot of teams are going to give us a good pasting.