IGNORED

West Ham. (away)

Bill

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been time to give the lad a go for some time I reckon.

We really need some oomph in midfield, sadly lacking so far this season. Get the ball to the forwards so they can have a crack at goal rather than the usual hopeful punt upfield that they have to chase down first.

While I'm on a roll here, I might add that the forwards have that distinct "no confidence" look about them. You know, always trying to get a better angle to increase their chances of a goal instead of "shoot on sight'. It's no accident that the top 4 sides don't do this. They are confident that a half-chance is better than a bigger chance that may never happen. They know full well that more chances will come so why not "go for it" now.

I read somewhere that teams score once on average for every 9/10 shots taken (on or off target). You can see that the top teams do better than that but have a lot more shots too! Shit, Ronaldo has more shots than the whole Everton team in any game you care to mention and look how many he scored last season. Sometimes I think the will to shoot is coached out of players rather than the other way around!

Anyway, if we can keep a clean sheet again this week 1-0 to us, if we can't then 1-1.

We'll probably play well. We didn't do that good against Fulham but we managed to get all three points. If we can just nick a last minute goal then I would be happy, I just want to see a win. We should play Saha>Vaughan with Yakubu on the bench. Vaughan has more than proved he is of a fantastic standard and I thin he can really start to score some goals for us.

I think West Ham are without a win in 5 games - this will mean they're hungry for one and will come out all guns blazing in front of thier home crowd. On the other hand confidence will be low and this will allow us to play our own football and slowly build up into a goal.

3-0 Everton

Based on performances early in the season, a long overdue start for Castillo should happen. I personally think he could be the linchpin between midfield and defense that will shore it up. If he plays and has a good game, I think the fact that we are starting to play the ball around midfield and attack with more confidence, we could batter the Hammers. (sorry). I can see a 3or 4-0 to the Blues. I fancy the Yak aor Saha for a hattrick soon and this is a likely game. I don't think it will be 0-0 as both teams are too attacking minded. If West Ham do sit back and defend, we will will come away with a 1-0.

Yeah ..... Zola. 4 games no wins.

And we have an away record bettered only by Chelsea, Liverpool and....er...Hull :unsure: .

And Lawrenson's gone for a 2-0 win for us.

What can possibly go wrong :) ?

Clean sheet first objective, keep it tight til half time then nick a couple. Osman and a 85th minute screamer from late sub van der Meyde B) .

If we play with Vaughan and Saha then I see no reason why we cannot win 3-0. We need to start focusing on what is good, and bad about the team and at the moment Yakubu is one of the weaknessess in the squad. We need to have him on the bench whilst James and Louis do thier thing and then bring him on with 20-30 minutes left, allowing him to have fresh legs and hopefully get a goal/great chance.

He needs to start working and not allowing him to do so for a game is the best way to go about it - dropped for West Ham back in for the next game (Middlesbrough?)

being dropped certainly gives players an impetus to prove their worth, which is why arteta should be benched against boro. He will be too valuable to lose tomorrow but when fellaini is back he should definately get a rest, and I 100% agree about the yak, his work rate is poor and we need a goalscorer who will bully the opposition defense not sit upfield grazing until a ball comes up.

Im fed up of the red shite bastards in work chanting week after week feed the yak and hell get fat

wish hed get back to form, maybe a drop will make him realise we have more options and spur him on

heard he is an injury worry anyway

the yak and pienaar are out!!!

Everton have brought in Jack Rodwell and Victor Anichebe to replace the injured Yakubu and Steven Pienaar for the game against West Ham.

Yakubu misses out with a heel injury while Pienaar's problem is a knock to the knee.

Anichebe is expected to operate in a midfield role, similar to the one in which he was deployed at Stoke.

That means Louis Saha will play up front on his own, following his first Everton goal last week.

Rodwell and Anichebe will be joined in midfield by Leon Osman, Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill.

The defence remains unchanged from the two successive clean sheets against Bolton and Fulham and comprises Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Phil Neville and Joseph Yobo with Tim Howard in goal.

Segundo Castillo is on the bench, alongside James Vaughan, Leighton Baines, Tony Hibbert, Dan Gosling, Lukas Jutkiewicz and keeper Carlo Nash

http://evertonfc.com/news/archive/yak-and-pienaar-out.html

Edited by fozzy

WEST HAM v EVERTON LINE-UPS

West Ham: Green, Neill, Collins, Upson, Ilunga, Faubert, Parker, Bowyer, Sears, Bellamy, Boa Morte. Subs: Lastuvka, Lopez, Etherington, Mullins, Reid, Collison, Di Michele.

Everton: Howard, Neville, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill, Rodwell, Osman, Saha, Anichebe. Subs: Nash, Hibbert, Baines, Castillo, Vaughan, Jutkiewicz, Gosling.

Referee: Mark Halsey (Lancashire).

From this lineup im predicting another dull game, why rodwell and anichebe are starting ahead of vaughan and and castillo moyes only knows. Pienaar down is a massive disappointment although im glad the yak is missing, and i hope this squad can quell my doubts and get a decnt result from this.

Heart: 3-1

Head: 0-1

im glad im in work for this. All uncertainty aside, COYB!!!!!!

Should have played Vaughan with Saha and kept the three men in midfield and put Castillo behind, I dont rate Anichebe he isnt prem standerd in my opinion where as Rodwell is a great young player but why play him when Castillo is available?

Haha beat me to it Reg :P

Edited by EFC-Paul

Should have played Vaughan with Saha and kept the three men in midfield and put Castillo behind, I dont rate Anichebe he isnt prem standerd in my opinion where as Rodwell is a great young player but why play him when Castillo is available?

Haha beat me to it Reg :P

sorry Paul lol whenever I'm in work I'm only allowed on sports sites for an hour the rest of the time i'm on here :D

Completely agree with the points though, Chebe has not shown this season that he's up to quality to start a game, and Rodwell should only be a last resort in any circumstance, while talented, he's simply not experienced enough for the prem. A loan to a championship side that used to be in the prem would be good for that, but even against west ham starting him looks like a sign of weakness, especially with a seasoned player like Casti on the bench.

I don't know what Moyes is waiting for with Vaughan, at this rate we'll lose him to a team who will actually play him in as many games as he deserves.

Edited by The Regulator