IGNORED

Hull

Romey 1878

Finally i can write a comment here again. Ok im too fast stoke is playing rs today but we finally have 15 positive points to relegationline :) atm at least lol. Were having huge run atm and im loving it. We have no strikers on starting eleven and we still do some goals. Like this game, easy, very easy, walking pace, no chance for hull to score. BRING US THE RED SHITE

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi

Good win , but think the alarm clock will ring against the reds , unless we play better .

2-0 up , and Moyes leaves Fellaini on , which could be costly . It was a good time to get another face on the pitch .

Thankfully he did the right thing and took Cahill off , who needs a good kick up the backside for helping the game to get heated when we had 2 guys who really didn't need a yellow .

Fingers crossed now .

That was a battle in every sence of the word!

Moyes will always wonder if we could have beaten them without Fellaini, that we will never know.He was fine untill his booking, and I thought his second half was poor.In hindsight perhaps with the defence doing so well we could have given Fellaini the 2nd half off.

Hull certainly made it hard, even though they were poor up front they made it very hard in midfield.

Defence did a good job again, that confidence will be handy for the next few games.

Just wonder what kind of game it would be if luckypool played us next week without a regular striker and Gerrard missing!.......I'd say on present form we would win!

Just wonder what kind of game it would be if luckypool played us next week without a regular striker and Gerrard missing!.......I'd say on present form we would win!

yeh we shud pay some crazy west ham fan alot of money to run on the pitch with a baseball bat and do them both !!! :P hahah

decent result, 6 clean sheets in a row, also hull have scored in every away game this season before today.

Fellaini deserved to be booked for the foul he was booked on, cant go into tackles with feet that high, almost took the poor lads head off.

Ref did get card happy at some points.

Howard had to make one big save, shame marlon king was already offside :P

Even though Hull battled hard I thought we controlled the game. Although, at times we did play right into their hands by launching the ball for long periods which gave them a way back into the game. When we were doing those short, quick and crisp passing they couldn't get near us. All in all I was very pleased with the performance of the team, although a few individuals didn't perform as well as they can do.

Howard - Had nothing to do really, but he came for the high balls when necessary and took every single on of them.

Hibbert - Not a bad game from him today. Still gets a nosebleed when crossing the half way line but defensively he did well.

Jagielka - Same old, same old from him. He cut out every Hull attack, he is a rock for us.

Lescott - After the first 10 minutes I thought it was going to be one of those days for Joley because he looked a little out of it. But he settled down and put in a very good performance for us today.

Baines - I thought he had a great game today. Got forward well and looked good defensively too. He's got to be our first choice LB.

Osman - One of our weakest players today for me. He showed bits of why we love him but nowhere near often enough.

Neville - Solid. And he supported very well when we were attacking down the right, taking on the responsiblity of crossing when Hibbert turned back.

Fellaini - Second half he was pretty crap, obviously that booking had hit him hard. First half I thought he was superb though and more than deserved his goal. He was all over the midfield and upfront helping Timmy, broke up play and showed brilliant composure on the ball time and time again. I'm gutted about him missing the derbies and Moyes probably should have taken him off at half time, but what's done is done. My MOTM.

Arteta - I actually thought he had quite a quiet game. The past few games he's been our heartbeat and controlled the game for us but today I don't feel he did that. I'm not saying he had a bad game because he didn't, it was just one of his more quiet games. That being said, his goal was fantastic :).

Pienaar - Frustrated the crap out of me today. He tries far too many flicks that just do not come off, and they usually end up leaving Baines stranded. I didn't feel like he got into the game at all today and he disappointed me.

Cahill - Worked very hard upfront for us today and he was getting battered by their defenders at every opportunity.

Great day all round!

Got up at 8 to get the train to Cardiff Central, got the train up to chester (how many fit birds are there in Chester??), and then got to Liverpool around half 1. Went to the Crown something near the station for a pint and then taxi to the game. Had a good view of the whole pitch.

The match was well fought, however towards the end we shut off, which was aggrivating. Not nearly as much as the ref though, unbelievable how many decisions he got wrong. Cahill was shoved all over the park, Fellaini got nutted early on and the referreeing all over was a shambles, an absolute disgrace. We played well though, Arteta's goal was a stonker that really set the nerves at ease, and Hull didn't have a single shot on target.

Howard - 10/10 - Simply because he didn't have a job to do, but he made a few good catches that I've seen David James recklessly punch away and he was solid enough when they came close.

Hibbert - 4/10 - He is just not that good of a football player. I don't care what anyone says, everytime he had the ball he looked backwards, and scared of having it. Jagielka did such a good job of covering for him that Geovanni was kept quiet but he was caught out of position more than a few times, and didn't get a single cross in when he eventually went forward. Poor show.

Jagielka - 10/10 - Faultless performance, won the ball cleared it when needed and kept their strikers quiet all game. Had a break of his own as well and never looked flustered.

Lescott - 100/10 - My MOTM by a country mile. Did superbly today won every header that he could, cleared it on many an occasion and was a physical presence in defense that shut hull up. They never looked like getting past him, and he never looked bothered. Best performance of the season so far.

Baines - 7/10 - ANother strong performance from Baines and more reason to keep him in the starting 11. Wanted to push forward more but we didn't give him enough room to do so, when he did go forward though he looked strong, and was well composed in defence. Didn't stand out, but certainly did his job with aplomb.

Arteta - 8/10 - Great game from him, an amazing goal, simply brilliant and he looked strong in the center of the park.

Neville - 7/10 - Did his job well in front of the defense but not much presence going forward, if he is playing in midfield especially on the break he should be pressuring higher and picking up lose clearances. Still good job well done.

Osman - 6/10 - Had a bit of an off day, played well off the ball but on teh ball never really looked like himself. When we broke and had 4 against 2 I was sure we'd score or at least get a chance but the attack stoppped with him. Shame because he's been solid for weeks, hopefully it was a simple dip in from today and he'll be back to standard in the Derby.

Pienaar - 9/10 - Played out of his skin today and really showed his creative prowess, linked well with Baines and constantly pressured their defence, as well as some nice flair moves taht came off, he looked confident and confidence is what made us so powerful last season. It will be necessary in the next few weeks especially so good to have him on form.

Fellaini - 7/10 - Had a strong game but let people lure him in to challenges and referees are keen to book him anway so he should have played it quiet today. Scored a good goal but also missed a chance, I think we'll see the best of him next year when he's not the new guy anymore and has played a full season. I get the feeling he's still not 100% with stamina, for the english game at least.

Cahill - 8/10 - Solid performance throughout for Timmy, beat them around the head with speed and off the ball pressure, although didn't win that many headers. Still, good to see him adapting to this role we've needed and leading the line when we attacked.

Anichebe - 4/10 - A few times he pressured Myhill when the back pass came through but he just sauntered and did a shade of teh work our midfield did today. Very poor considering he had a chance to add a few goals to his belt, and if I was Moyes I wouldn't be impressed.

All in all Hull never looked like getting anything from the game and it was a grand day out. Now I've got back I'm going to pour myself a jack daniels and watch MOTD. Wonder if they'll say anything about the refereeing? <_<

Oh and a side note I met BK in the train station on the way home. Can't believ nobody else recognised him, and I couldn't fathom why he was on the trains :huh: Still I offered to help him with his bags and congratulated him on the good result. I asked How's Betty? and he laughed and then went into Costa and got some coffee. Didn't have time to get a picture but it capped the day off nicely B)

It was good to have the loudest man in Goodison park back in the lower gwlady's yesterday! He's not been there all season for whatever reason and I feared we'd lost him, but he made an epic return yesterday. He pisses some people off around me, but I love him, with his chorus of 'Joleon, Joleon, Joleon, Jooooooooo-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!' and 'Arteta, Arteta, Arteta, Arteta, Arteta, Arteta, etc...' He never gets on the players backs so fair play to him.

Anyone else in lower gwlady's know who I'm on about?

Another well deserved win :D

Only shame is Felliani getting a silly booking , although looking back maybe could've been sent off for the elbow so works both ways really.

Thought Jags had another great game as usual. ALso been quite impressed with Neville in recent weeks :D starting to shape up a bit, even showing his skill when it comes to shooting ;)