IGNORED

Hull

Romey 1878

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi

It will be interesting to see how we react when someone puts the ball in our net .

This could be a tough match , but if we can keep a clean sheet , we will win it .

My prediction 1-1

Should be able to beat them on the day. The have been doing well as a recently promoted club but then again there's always one. It was Wigan Athletic a few years back and now its Hull City. We just need to keep playing the football like we have been, defend like we have been and ensure that no-one gets free chances. Geovanni and Co. can score from almost anywhere and seeing as they're doing so well in the Premiership thier moral is on a high. Recent results may set them back a little but I think they will give a better game than everyone thinks. We just need to attack and defend well, as a unit and see the game out.

If we do that then I see us coming away with a 2-0 or 3-0 win. We will put some past them, I'm confident of that. It's just that they might put a few past us. I have a feeling they may nick a goal, but with our recent record defending I think we will keep a clean sheet and the likes of Neville and Jagielka won't let the Hull attack break them easily.

For the score I think it will be a 2-0 victory. Fellaini popping up with another goal to get back on scoring form and Osman coming with the second. We may sneak a goal in the later stages of the game but DM may settle them by then and just hold out for the two goals. We need a victory against them, that's a fact. We won't be picking up maximum points against Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal so its a must win game (even if I am quietly confident on beating Arsenal)

Guest efctaxi
It will be interesting to see how we react when someone puts the ball in our net .

This could be a tough match , but if we can keep a clean sheet , we will win it .

My prediction 1-1

:huh::huh: ??

Been on the whiskey Bill ? :lol:

We've not conceded a goal in our 5 game unbeaten spell , so if we do , it will be interesting to see if we can bounce back from it :)

but if we can keep a clean sheet , we will win it .

If Hull don't score , I think we'll win 1-0 , but I think they will score . Hence my prediction of 1-1 :)

I reckon Moyes will feel he'll have to risk felli eventually and with the next run of games being

Hull

Liverpool

Liverpool

Arsenal

Man U

I get the feeling Moyes will play him and just hope he doesn't get booked. I can see

Howard

Neville Jagielka Lescott Baines

Osman Arteta Fellaini Pienaar

Cahill

Anichebe

and I'll take a 2-1. Hull are bound to score but I think we have the resolve to come back at em and hold our own. Well, at least i want us to because I'm going and it's a fair trek from the Diff' so I don't wnat to be disappointed.

Howard

Neville Jagielka Lescott Baines

Osman Arteta Fellaini Pienaar

Cahill

Anichebe

you'd put anichebe in after his performance against Macc ? (and the whole team's performance)

i'd stick with the team that was on such a role before the cup game.

no striker, just cahill and fellaini terrorizing..

Ok, if my math is correct, and there's no guarantee of that

Jan 10 Saturday - Hull

Jan 19 Monday - Pool

Jan 25 Sunday - Pool

--

Now if the 7 day rule I'm thinking of is correct (Ie ban doesn't take effect until seven days after game in which it was triggered) then if Fellaini got booked at Hull he couldn't play in either derby, but if he got booked in the first derby he could still play in the second. I can't see him getting through both derby's without a booking, which means he'd miss Arsenal & Manure. Interesting gamble. Might Moyes play him in the Hull game with instructions to pick on up with a view to using him vs Arsenal and Manure? Don't think so, have to think he'll like our chances in two tight derby's and will do what he needs to have him for those games. Can't see us really having a problem with Hull even without him, as apart from Geovanni's free kick's they're not really a threat from set pieces and we have enough quality to make a few chances through the midfield.

^ I thought that too. You can appeal against only red cards. I think that yellow's only get over-turned if the FA themselves realise a mistake. It would be stupid to have the option to appeal yellow cards, think of how many are given out in the English Leage alone, if everyone pushed thier luck and appealed against them they would have a lot to get through. I think you can only get a red over-turned.

Exactly, does anyone know if my interpretation is correct?

I think it is. I seem to remember is coming into play earlier in the season for one of our banned players, it may have been Fellaini himself actually, he was banned but could play in our next game due to the game being played 5 or 6 days after the card was given.

I think Hull depends entirely on how we do in the first hour. Fellaini will start without a doubt, but if he doesn't get carded I think Moyes will sub him off for Gosling.

On the fellaini situation, I think his contribution against Arsenal and Manure were brilliant and I'd much rather him play those games than be banned through them. He will definately pick up a yellow in the next 3 games if he plays them all, which is sad, BUT, hopefully we will have a striker back fit before too long, and we can afford to lose one in midfield.

It's going to be tricky, after all he could get carded straight away against Hull and miss both derbies, I suppose we'll just have to see how it goes.

If he plays in any of these matches he will help contribute to our attack, and help us create goals, it's just about how far he can go without getting booked.

Five clean sheets in a row, Hibbert and Baines have issues, ie have something to prove, will be wanting thier places for the big games coming up.Why not try Gosling again! new young players get the crowd going, could produce another game like Sunderland.

Would love another clean sheet and a couple of goals for Anichebe to get his season up and running and to give us options for upcoming games.

2-0

Five clean sheets in a row, Hibbert and Baines have issues, ie have something to prove, will be wanting thier places for the big games coming up.Why not try Gosling again! new young players get the crowd going, could produce another game like Sunderland.

Would love another clean sheet and a couple of goals for Anichebe to get his season up and running and to give us options for upcoming games.

2-0

What does Hibbert have to prove? I can see that Baines has something to prove and being benched for most of his Everton career.

What does Hibbert have to prove? I can see that Baines has something to prove and being benched for most of his Everton career.

What!....What does Hibbert have to prove? Have you not been a member of this forum for long? The poor bloke can hardly do anything right if you listen to some people on here, also other Blue forums don't exactly rate him!He's had a bad run of injuries for months and maybe a loss of form at times...... added to that Neville filled his position while he was absent and many would rather have him there.OH! he has nothing to prove to me, I can see why Moyes sticks with him.

If you listen, read etc, alot of people would rather Neville be at right back......Therfore Hibbert now needs to prove that position is his.....aka "Hibbert has something to prove"

I hope that's just a rumour you've heard 250.....I'd hate to think you were being unfaithful to us :angry: .

:lol::lol:

Spot on there MikeO!...........Just another one of those rumours :rolleyes:

I think it's a good thing, clean sheets and defenders with a need to prove themselves.I heard a rumour :rolleyes: That Moyes has told Baines he has a battle to hang on to his place when Yobos fit.

Baines always said he was a confidence player needing games and to a certain amount praise!!

Give him games, and if he plays well bloody well tell him Davey.He should be allowed to make the odd mistake, Lescott was.

Although this won't be the walk in the park as recent form may suggest, I still think we will be to strong for a team that has taken over our mantle for the season and "over achieved" and that is said without any malice towards Hull. Although this may be a tough encounter, I predict we will return to the pre-Macc. team and run out 2-0 winners.