IGNORED

Baines Linked With Everybody

Don't think Moyes would consider it even if we were offered daft money.

Baines is finally starting to push into the defensive line in the starting XI.

With more performances like the one against Liverpool this morning, I wouldnt be surprised if England starts knocking again.

Guest efctaxi
Are we splitting him and giving half each to Chelsea and Villa. :D

Lmao ..... I got the Ashley bit right :lol: That will teach me to copy and paste instead of write :P

Guest efctaxi
What about the woman whose never made a mistake? I'm pretty sure they all think they're one of them ;)

I didn't join this forum so that I could read you talking about my missus :lol:

Baines is playing fantastic at the moment so it's obvious that other sides will start to take a look, particularly as he has been out of the side mostly since he signed. However, since he has got into the side he's started to show what a good player he is, whereas previously he has giot into the side and not done himself justice.

Other sides may look at Yobo coming back and presume that Lescott will move back into LB which will undoubtedly annoy Baines and prompt a move. I just hope this doesn't happen. Some of the play by Baines on Monday night, and in previous weeks has been fantastic, he is clearly a better left back than Lescott in terms of getting forward and whipping the crosses in.

I just hope it's a fight of 3 into 2 CB positions with LB secured for Baines

Guest Cahill17_Moe

If we sold Baines we'd be without a natural left back. Then again, with Rodwell rising through the ranks, I can easily see Moyes keeping Lescott at LB and introducing Rodwell to the centre backs if injuries occur.

Baines is playing fantastic at the moment so it's obvious that other sides will start to take a look, particularly as he has been out of the side mostly since he signed. However, since he has got into the side he's started to show what a good player he is, whereas previously he has giot into the side and not done himself justice.

Other sides may look at Yobo coming back and presume that Lescott will move back into LB which will undoubtedly annoy Baines and prompt a move. I just hope this doesn't happen. Some of the play by Baines on Monday night, and in previous weeks has been fantastic, he is clearly a better left back than Lescott in terms of getting forward and whipping the crosses in.

I just hope it's a fight of 3 into 2 CB positions with LB secured for Baines

^ Agree with that. Baines has been fantastic since coming back into the team and he deserves to stay there. It would be a bad move to sell him, if he did go then Moyes would have a lot to answer for. Easily one of our best players at the moment.

• 1 year later...

So that's Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Yakubu, Fellaini and Rodwell out.

Looking good for fourth then :unsure: .

Sell the lot and clear our debts, there's a good £100 million to be had off that lot. ;)

Sounds like that nob we had on here a while ago, who wanted to sell the team off..."are you kenwright in disguise..." :lol:

Why would Baines, who was so candid about suffering from homesickness it probably cost him his World Cup place, want to move to Munich so he can warm the bench as Philip Lahm's understudy? Utter bs, disregard.

So that's Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Yakubu, Fellaini and Rodwell out.

Looking good for fourth then :unsure: .

I'm surprised at how busy the rumour-mongering hacks have been this summer, given the fact there's allegedly a World Cup going on and the transfer window hasn't even opened yet. Must fancy some of our players - wonder how many of said idle journos will tip us for the top four when we sell none of our oh-so-highly-coveted prize assets? :D

Why would Baines, who was so candid about suffering from homesickness it probably cost him his World Cup place, want to move to Munich so he can warm the bench as Philip Lahm's understudy?

Well, I'd assume his family would move with him.