IGNORED

Kevin Kuranyi

Well he's not shite, that's for sure. German international, not their first choice maybe, but a bit of experience up front is exactly what we need, I think. Also he's rather decent in the air, which will just continue to make us more and more dangerous from set pieces. 46 goals in 126 game for Schalke. Honestly don't see Schalke letting him go though, unless there's been a falling out or something.

--

From December 2008

Reports in Bild claim that the 26 year old left the Signal Iduna Park Stadium in Dortmund during the game, in which he was only on the bench, and went home.

Instead of joining up with the rest of the national team squad at the Düsseldorfer Hilton Hotel, Kuranyi is reported to have travelled home where he stated he would be retiring from international football.

Kuranyi has 52 caps to his name and has scored 19 goals for Germany in that time, but has become increasingly frustrated with his lack of playing time.

http://www.goal.com/EN/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=908226

--

Another bit

Kuranyi claimed he has held no talks with the club over extending his deal and admits his future remains up in the air.

He told Kicker magazine: "Honestly, I really have the feeling that the club would more like to sell me than extend my contract.

"Publicly, so much is said and I really have to be prepared.

"The club has not come up with talks about my contract during the winter break.

"I like being at Schalke and I like staying at Schalke, but the club has to decide."

Wrong

But Schalke general manager Andreas Muller has insisted that Kuranyi remains a key part of their plans and they are not looking to offload his services.

Muller told the club's official website: "It is just wrong we are out to sell Kevin.

"He is still a valuable member of our team we are counting on, long-term. He is not for sale for us because of that."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11881_4885146,00.html

Edited by chicagoblue

The only fact i take off wiki is the goals they have scored and who against and so on i've seen him play many times and has looked one of Germany's best players in recent years but has been restricted due to the form of Klose and Podolski. I cant see us landing him but from what i have seen i would say he could be a big hit over here.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Guest efctaxi

Apparantl Barry Silkman was the agent for the deal , and it was a close thing , with Kuranyi's team backing out of a loan deal after 3 days of negotiation .

Perhaps the summer :)

Apparantl Barry Silkman was the agent for the deal , and it was a close thing , with Kuranyi's team backing out of a loan deal after 3 days of negotiation .

Perhaps the summer :)

lets hope so, old bazza seams to think it might happen B)

"So I was working really hard on getting him on loan because the player is not happy at Schalke and I know David really, really likes him."

"Obviously the deal didn't happen so we have got to wait until the summer and see if we can do something then"

(from SSN website)

Guest efctaxi
He couldn't really say anything else given the circumstances could he?

I thought the same as I read the link .

I don't know a lot about this guy , so might be interesting if Moyes goes in again for him in the summer .

I wouldent mind getting his to be honest. He was good in the European Championships for Germany in 2004 and made his mark as a decent striker. He always was the main threat in the VFB Stuttgart team and I thought it would only be a matter of time before the big German clubs like Bayerm Munich & Leverkusen started to pick up on him.

Would be good to see him partnered with Jo or Saha.

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldent mind getting his to be honest. He was good in the European Championships for Germany in 2004 and made his mark as a decent striker. He always was the main threat in the VFB Stuttgart team and I thought it would only be a matter of time before the big German clubs like Bayerm Munich & Leverkusen started to pick up on him.

If Moyes goes for anyone in the summer it will be this lad, if the money is available which might not be the case after Jo

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Guest efctaxi
He was absolute shite for Liverpool. He'd have to do a lot to convince me.

Maybe so , but after catching highlights of the German league lately , he is looking pure class .

No no no no he may have been a free transfur to Liverpool but he was absolute shite the German League is far different in all area's to our own and that man can not cut it here.

Again I couldn't agree more Paul, even the shite fans wouldn't want him back.

efc: he was one of the first to be lent out by Benitez because he just couldn't cut it here. He arrived at Analfield with a huge reputation but he couldn't even shift Kuyt from the team. It is possible that Bentitez training methods have been forgotten and he has picked up his career again but it's just not worth the chance mate

Do you watch a lot of German football?

Guest efctaxi
There was an agent on SSN the after the window shut and he said that we had nearly signed this lad then, he added the fact that DM had been chasing him for ages. In the agents opinion Kuranyi would be a brilliant asset to most Prem clubs. I believed what he said because the failed deal was a loan

Are you talking about Silkman Jim ?

BTW ....

Anyone care to point out the differences between the prem and the Bundesliga ?

I would have thought it had a similar style of play to ours , even if we do have probably slightly stronger teams . It certainly boasts one of the strongest national squads time and time again :)

Are you talking about Silkman Jim ?

BTW ....

Anyone care to point out the differences between the prem and the Bundesliga ?

I would have thought it had a similar style of play to ours , even if we do have probably slightly stronger teams . It certainly boasts one of the strongest national squads time and time again :)

Yes, that was the guy efc, he used to be a winger years ago, boy was he crap. He claimed to be on very good terms with DM and BK suggesting that we would go back for this guy in the summer

Guest efctaxi

Voronin still belongs to Liverpool , and Hertha have no money and want to keep him on loan .

He didn't get much of a chance with the reds because of the rotation system , and a certain guy called Torres in the team .

He is playing really well in Germany , so I doubt he will want to return to the Liverpool fans who boo'd him in a hurry .

Playing for us might be an opening for revenge lol , though I doubt if they would sell him to us .