IGNORED

Everton V Boro

StevO

So whats the thoughts?

do we go for a full side or play the newly uninjured players?

id rather see us go with them

-------------turner----------------

hibbert--yobo--kroldrup--ferrari

arteta----osman--neville----vdm

---------beattie--mcfadden-------

gone for turner, but im sure we'll see wright if nige doesnt play

would think first team action is worthwhile more than reserve games, especilly as were not exactly hopin to win this comp are we... so id throw kroldrup & vdm in the side. cahill might as well get a rest (if hes not injured) and ferrari in for valente (injured i think) looks like dunc got a knock too, so id put mcfadden in over bent at the moment.

opinions anyone?

my team would be

.............................turner......................................

..hibbert...........yobo..........krouldrup.....ferrarri......

.............................neville.....................................

arteta.....................osman....................VDM.........

................beattie........mcfadden..........................

give cahill and dunc a rest and leave valente out to make sure hes fully fit for the trip to the brummie.

i dont see turner startin like stevo, i think dickie will get the call but that would be the team i would but out

In my opinion i think we should defo play VDM and Kroldrup in place off Kilbane and Weir. If Cahill isnt fit i would go with Davies as he looked lively when he came on against Chelsea. If Dunc isnt fit i would say play Bent. I dont agree with changing the keeper because i think we need to win this game and really build up confidence. I think this game is more important than people think - if we win the players would be going to saturdays game looking for a win but if we lose doubts would surface again. Lets not forget we are still fragile on confidence. I think we need to play our strongest possible team and really get the season up and running with a good home win.

Stevo said.............

...............id rather see us go with these.

--------------------turner----------------

---------hibbert--yobo--kroldrup--ferrari

---------arteta----osman--neville----vdm

----------------beattie--mcfadden-------

Yeah i'd go along with that team, got to see what Turner, Kroldrup & VD Meyde can do.

It also looks a half decent team. :rolleyes: Subs.... Davies, Bent, Teflon, Kilbane.

my team would be

.............................turner......................................

..hibbert...........yobo..........krouldrup.....ferrarri......

.............................neville.....................................

arteta.....................osman....................VDM.........

................beattie........mcfadden..........................

give cahill and dunc a rest and leave valente out to make sure hes fully fit for the trip to the brummie.

i dont see turner startin like stevo, i think dickie will get the call but that would be the team i would but out

spot on mate totally agree with u and i predict a win to the mighty blues

Can't see Cahill, Ferg or Valente playing. If they are not that injured then think that DM will rest them to make sure they are fit for the brummie game (as most have said)

Don't agree with dropping Martyn. We are playing a prem team and need to keep him in goal

No Koldrup on the bench on Sunday against Chelsea????? what does that mean? was he not fit?????

Can't see VDM starting. Might get on the bench but don't think that DM will rush him back.

Shame about Ferg as would have liked to see him along side Beattie again but without him would agree with Mcfadden.

My team

Martyn

Hibbo, Wier, Yobo, Ferrari

Davies, Arteta, Neville, Kilbane

Beattie, McFadden

Subs, Turner, Koldrup, VDM, Bent, Osman

We WILL win this game

I am taking my daughter and she has never seen Everton loose :o , a very rare commodity for an evertonian, she has only been to two games, but if we win I will expect a whip round for a season ticket for her

Hope to see VDM and Koldrup start, they've both played for the ressies and should now start a game. Dont know the extent of velente injury? so were fooked at left back again and Ferrari will probably play there

BT, VDM & Koldrup must play, we need them fit for the league. I would start with all three and let them decide when they need to come off hopefully BT and Koldrup will last the 90.

I would leave martyn in goal as Koldrup and Farrari at the back may weaken us slightly and an inexperienced keeper would magnify that.

Fookin hate Boro' anyone remember this comp a few years back when we played up there and Duncan scored that goal against Swatzer (spelling???) where the ball was dropping and duncan just charged at him? S sh*t himself and big dunc side footed in from by the penalty spot. :o

Just seen it on the official site that Valente is defo out and Moyes says it doesnt look like Cahill or Dunc will make it either. So we have Ferrari to replace Nuno and in my opinion i would replace Cahill with Davies and let him play in the centre and put bent up front with BT. May i point out that its nice to know we can cope with some injuries (couldnt last year) just hope we get no more.

my mates kid brother waited for autographs after the chelsea game.

he asked VDM when we will see him playin, he said to him he should see him on wednesday, he said Per too.

the talk in the lounges after the chelsea game was the Per and VDM were not played incase it was a major defeat, and not wanting to knock confidence out of players that are only just coming into the side.

VDM on the left and Arteta on the right sounds like we could actually get the ball in the box frequently!

VDM sounds very up for the game tonight so I hope the lad proves himself.

[/qu

VDM and Arteta on the wings sounds great then we will see beattie scoring bags of goals i hope

would also help when Cahill in the team because i think we will see him start scoring again

My prediction is that Boro will not bring a big team to face us as they have to think about Europe.

Moyes will field the following:

.....................Martyn.......................

Hibbo.......Yobo.......Kroldrup..........Ferrari

Osman.....Davies......Kilbane..........VDM

......Bent.......................McFadden.......

On the bench

Arteta

weir

Wright

Beattie

Neville

I think that he may also want to start BT to keep his confidence high (possibly get a goal).

I predict a very lack lustre 1-0 win for us (a boring game througout).

Dont say that, its gona be fookin freezing tonite you mite put off all the part timers!

Well - i'll be there regardless - I've been to some dodgy places watching EFC - and in all whethers - including snow during the away game at Port Vale (FA Cup 96 (i think) - Mat Jackson had a howler- we lost)

Then there was hale and sleet at Bristol in the Fa cup in 95 (we won - mat jackson scored)

Then there was the tear gas at panithaniakos! how that hurt! But all worth it to watch the blues :lol:

Well - i'll be there regardless - I've been to some dodgy places watching EFC - and in all whethers - including snow during the away game at Port Vale (FA Cup 96 (i think) - Mat Jackson had a howler- we lost)

Then there was hale and sleet at Bristol in the Fa cup in 95 (we won - mat jackson scored)

Then there was the tear gas at panithaniakos! how that hurt! But all worth it to watch the blues :P

I got hammered on kipper for suggesting the ppl who never turned up to the villarreal game were not true blues (excusing all who live miles away, work in the evenings etc). My definition of a true blue has pretty much been outlined by you rowlo.

Cold January mid week game at some tin pot second devision side when its snowing and your loosing but your still on your seat, hands in the air and singin the blues (win loose or draw) and still going back next week! :lol:

Performances like Man U last season and Chelsea on Sunday make it all worth while and when the blue boys roar and the big man raises that clenched fist we all know why we are BLUE :D:D:D:D:D:D

arteta was involved in everythin, my new biggest concern is now keeping hold of him!

beattie is looking fitter and more sharp, 90mins under his belt, but he is cryin out for a partner!

we had bags of posession (boro barely had the ball for the first 20mins)

if only we could use it better. about 10 decent crosses today, just none of them became proper chances!

its so frustrating seeing them play good, but still no product to end it with. and we are so close to becoming a good team, but close is not good enough at this time!

Guest fozzie22
so guys, where do we go from here? we are once again, paying the price for not having a single player in the squad, who could hit a cows arse with a banjo!

Clucking bell! its going to be a long season.

sadly true.. :(

Although,lets be fair boro had the 2nd half,so it could have been worse