IGNORED

Man U (semi-final)

Romey 1878

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, for me it has to be Neville. Absolutely great captain's performance, continually led by example and by voice. Constantly screaming at his team mates. And the sheer balls to step up to take that penalty in front of thousands of your old club's fans with the Everton captain's armband on.

Terrific.

Neville for the same reasons as Grarghsies. He was outstanding today abosolutely outstanding.

I disagree, for me it has to be Neville. Absolutely great captain's performance, continually led by example and by voice. Constantly screaming at his team mates. And the sheer balls to step up to take that penalty in front of thousands of your old club's fans with the Everton captain's armband on.

Terrific.

Edited by dark

Absolutely speechless! Updated fb right after the conclusion. FUKIN HELL YEAH!TEARS OF JOY!Crappy match but would took win even with a cointoss. So emotional. 120 minutes of pain+penalties... WE FOOKIN DID IT went so down when Tim balloons that penalty omg. Im not sure but i think got tears in my eyes, and then another Tim gets me back to sky, and actually were so emotional that i missed count on these shots...when Jags came to shootin i were saying 2 more goals and were in FINAL, and when he blasted it in and the commentator said THATS IT EVERTON is going in final, i couldnt help myself from crying, OMG Im In heaven

My third favourite moment of the season :lol:

To be fair I'd have been pissed off if we had one like that refused ala Clattenberg :D

Interestingly enough DM also thought it could have been given, that is the difference between him and the arrogant, pompous toss pot over the park

That said we also had a shout for a push on Ossie in the first half.............................

United fan in peace.

A thrilling 0 - 0 and I really don't have any nails left. Both sets of centre backs were awesome for both teams but it was still entertaining stuff. I believe, like any United fan would, we should have been given a penalty but I think Riley made plenty of bad decisions each way. I don't think either team deserved to lose but the cookie crumbled and it happened to be blue on this day.

Do us a favour and stuff Chelski! Good luck in the final, I will be a Toffee on FA Cup final day.

On a side note, what are your honest opinions on the penalty appeal?

United fan in peace.

A thrilling 0 - 0 and I really don't have any nails left. Both sets of centre backs were awesome for both teams but it was still entertaining stuff. I believe, like any United fan would, we should have been given a penalty but I think Riley made plenty of bad decisions each way. I don't think either team deserved to lose but the cookie crumbled and it happened to be blue on this day.

Do us a favour and stuff Chelski! Good luck in the final, I will be a Toffee on FA Cup final day.

Like DM I think it could have been given but we had a call in the first half for a clear barge on Ossie. Thanks a lot for your best wishes, go and retain the title leaving the shite out in the cold again :lol:

United fan in peace.

THX for the fairness. Cant believe any1 from other red team would saying words like that after game. They are too bitter to do so.

About the penalty appeal: I think it was bad choise from Wellbeck. He would score 100% but imo choosed to dive. Thats something what young players do a lot these days. I didnt see there contact for going down, but like i said if he were choised to stay up and keep or going he would scored

It really is 50/50 whether that was a penalty - even after a gazillion replays from five different angles it's still not clear. Half the time I think it was, half the time I think it wasn't. Ultimately I agree with the announcers on TV - if it's that iffy, then you shouldn't be calling it. And I'd say the same thing if it had gone the other way.

Anyway, my MOTM without hesitation goes to Jagielka. Apart from that one potential mistake, if it was even a mistake, he was f'ing immense the whole game. Everything Vidic was for them, he was for us - an absolute rock at the back in a match where there was no room for error. Every read, every clearance, just one smart play under pressure after another. He was my MOTM after 90 minutes, and my MOTM after 120 minutes, and it was so fitting that he'd be the one to take the clinching penalty. In fact, it seemed so perfect that I started celebrating as soon as I saw that #6 on the shirt walking up to put the ball down, because I knew right at that moment that the game was over.

I won't disagree that Neville was also critical, though. More than anyone else on the squad, he's the one who's been in those pressure games before and knows what kind of effort it takes to win, and that really came through. He did what captains are supposed to do - he led, by word and example. I also thought the way he calmly stepped up and nailed the second penalty after Cahill yakked the first one was just as important in its own way as Jags' winner.

I'm still giving my vote to Jags, though. :D Without him, I don't think it even gets to penalties.

watching the incident live on tv I thought definite penalty, but couldn't decided after seeing the replays. I reckon riley was undecided and therefore didn't give it BUT also didn't book wellbeck. Had he been sure either way he'd have given a penalty OR a yellow, so in that situation you have to say he made the right decision. not convinced either way about our shout in the 1st half, so either way I think the two offset each other.

shit game, neither side deserved to got through, but who cares, I'll take it - what a day!!! now gotta book a flight to london!!!

Not a great game was it!

No doubt Ferguson got his team wrong, but hey! you can see why he did it, and it nearly paid off.

At times we lacked any attacking ideas and I thought that Cahill was very quiet, but when you consider that a Man Utd defender got MOM, then I guess it showed we did at least put a certain amount of pressure on them.

Thought big games were had by Baines, Jags and Neville, plus Pienaar did plenty of work.Saha didn't really get involved and I'd start a fully fit James Vaughan over him against Chelsea.

The Man utd boys gave us plenty to think about and the defence had to be on top form to deal with them, they did their club proud to be honest.They were probably the better team over the first 90 mins.

But credit to Everton, they just don't know when they're beaten, our subs bench shows the size of squad Moyes has to play with.

Massive respect to the penalty takers and Tim Howard.

We've beaten, Middlesborough, luckypool, Aston Villa and Manchester United.....only Chelsea stand in our way!

AND if it goes to penalties in the final, what happened today, could just swing it our way.

SPECIAL MENTION TO OUR FANS TODAY...........SPECIAL PEOPLE....SPECIAL CLUB, the peoples club!

and that includes people from Norfolk, USA, Australia, Belgium, Norway and any other place the members of this forum are from :)

Guest efctaxi

What a wonderful day :D

Have to say we played well below ourselves today though , and that needs to be fixed immidiately .

Had they fielded a stronger team , maybe we would have played better , but would certainly have been against the wall if we didn't .

Thought it was a pen for sure , and can't believe Riley didn't give it .

He had a decent game , even if he did make a few mistakes .

WE ARE IN THE FINAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

special thanks goes to berbatov :)

he couldn't care less about the game when he came in, and then that penalty .. if i were a manu-fan i'd wanna kill the guy.

great to see Howard bounce back with a great performance.

tbh i'm hoping moyes goes back to the 6 midfielders lineup against chelsea, because didn't really think saha starting worked out.

What a great day. Our beloved, fantastic club are back.

In terms of what this club has done over the past 7 years, we totally deserve this moment. A club with integrity, honesty, a clear strategy to go forward in a world where money talks. A set of players that give it their best (and lets not forget those that have done so with less reward than we have today such as Carsley, Stubbs, etc).

The 15 minutes after the penalties in that ground was one of the best moments of my life. The songs, the joy. And then the time waiting to get into Wembley Park Tube Station and the songs...it willl stay in the memory.

Peanuts, Neville, Jags, Baines and the Big Fella all did so well today. And mention for Jack when he came on - if we can keep hold of the lad, Jack is going to be an Everton legend.

Stonewall penalty in my mid but United are big enough to know you don't get some and to move on.

Rest the lot of them on Wednesday, lets not give Hiddink any clues!

Well Done Blues and thank you.

Great effort but in truth a poor match where the defence on both sides dominated.

Howard - 8: A couple of great saves during the 120 mins, kept his cool in the shootout - but he still scares me with some of the high balls coming in.

Hibbert - 6: Neither poor nor outstanding - did his job with minimal fuss.

Baines - 7: Did well and kept running the whole time - his run from the back to overlap for the cross near the end impressed me.

Lescott - 8: Solid with Jags, good blocks and interceptions

Jagielka - 9: Was an absolute rock. Have to admit by the book it was a penalty - he made contact, didn't get the ball and I wouldn't have complained too much if it was given. Other than that nothing got past him - took his penalty very well thank you.

Neville - 8: I wouldn't say he was stood out, but did his job and did it well. Many have called for him to be our MOM but I didn't think he stood out. Mebbe that's why - you didn't see much of what he did, but if he wasn't there we'd have fallen apart.

Osman - 6: Went missing for most of the game.

Cahill - 7: Seems to have lost his spark of late. Isn't bagging the goals as he was earlier in the season - but as ever worked hard in midfield.

Pienaar - 9: Was doing what Osman was doing against Wigan. Was knocked about by the Utd defence, but kept at it - didn't stop.

Fellaini - 7: Did well enough - just needs to jump without waving his arms all over the place and taking out the other guy

Saha - 5: Didn't know he was on the pitch till he was subbed off.

Rodwell - 6: Did okay as a sub - filled the gap where needed - his inexperience showed a couple of times.

Vaughan - 7: Should have started instead of Saha IMO. Missed a sitter - just needs more games under his belt to get the match awareness - will come good in time.