IGNORED

Chelsea (away)

iggy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Castillo actually doing well imo. Jo looks sharp, probably should've scored at least once though a great save from Cech and a great home performance from Chelsea's groundskeeper denying him.

Cahill with a sweet turn to shot too and Pienaar nearly whipped one in from range.

However, Yobo looks stale and Osman looks exhausted.

Not the greatest ever game but I can live with that, encouraging for Wembley. Mark Bright (and the commentator) on 5Live said Everton were the better team :) .

Has 0-0 written all over it for me :) .

I thank you B) .

(Although sadly I went for a home win in the Anusol <_< )

Guest efctaxi

Enough chances to sink a battle ship .

If we get that many at Wembley , the cup is ours .

Have to look upon it as still a good result though . Well done to our so called second team ;)

Not the greatest ever game but I can live with that, encouraging for Wembley. Mark Bright (and the commentator) on 5Live said Everton were the better team :) .

I thank you B) .

I thought we where to the better team to be honest in most parts of the game bar the last 15mins. We had a fair few chances especially Pienaar he should have buried one or two but i'd take a draw as a good result.

I was impressed with Castillo he played some intelligent football and showed that he can open up play with his passing which we all thought wasn't in him :blink: i would like to see more of Jacobson aswell in the little time i saw of him in his late appearances and today he looks a good RB and may be worth keeping on.

On papar thats the toughest league game left of the season out of the way and we should have to much for City on saturday lets hope that Bolton do us a favour and stuff Villa.

I liked to watch this game. Pace were good and both team were attacking a lot, Jacobsen were good as Castillo finally showed something useful. Only wondering how this game ended 0-0, should be like 4-2 fpr us. Anyway good to see again that realxed and fighting Everton. With this kind of effort we wouldnt needed extratime or panalties vs manu last weekend. MORE LIKE THIS GUYS COYB

right. the first 10 minutes we were all over the place but after that we played really well especially in defence.

star men: cahill- put every ounce of effort into his performance and nearly scored a few

baines- immemse both defensivly and going forward

castillo- surprised all of us tonight went out there and played like he had a point to prove. some good tackles.

im sure there are more but cant be arsed to post them all but those 3 imo were the best

Should have been at least 1 up in the first half, and I knew the second half would be a battle, but I think we earned that point overall. Moyes really needs to be a little more proactive with the subs, half the team was just shattered. Didn't even see Neville in the second half, Jo was done from 70 minutes. Well fought though.

A much better performance than against United!

Played some great one touch football, and created numerous chances.Maybe the Yak or a fit, sharp Vaughan would have converted one or two.Saying that, Jo did put in a pretty good shift, just a tad off with his finishing, dam it!

Baines was outstanding, he even out fought Drogba a couple of times, surely his best game for Everton! Castillo proved many wrong, he can play and if he continues like that then he deserves more games.Cahill is a man on a mission after missing that penalty, you can almost feel his desire to make up for it, he had a great game, Pienaar too.

We attacked in a more direct way tonight, I just hope it's not Fellaini who's slowing it down, and that when he comes back in we can flow like we did tonight.Would have liked to see Vaughan get 15mins as it seemed his sort of game, and I could see him pinching a goal for us.

Oh well....The Chelsea fan who said to me today that he felt they (Chelsea) already had one hand on the cup.....better watch out because their fingers are going to be sore for days after we've snatched it away from them!

I thought we played outstanding today for the circumstances, I didnt think much of Castillo coming in at first but he was one of our best players today, Baines was class, and Tim Cahill shown he can get back and make challenges when needed. I honestly thought we would get beat before the game but the players put a very good shift in.

Howard - A few good saves and looked more composed than usual with Joey in front of him.

Jacobsen - I didnt see the first 20 minutes but I heard everything was going down his side, second half he done well before he went off.

Yobo - Played well, I can't remember him doing anything wrong tbh

Lescott - Again, done well him and Joey dealt with most attacks, and apart from the last few minutes I didnt really think they looked much of a threat.

Baines - He's just getting better and better, Capello was there, he will have been impressed.

Osman - To weak and slow, he shows moments of class but its not good enough for me, he is to weak and we can't afford to play him and Pienaar. I know who I would start anyway.

Cahill - Worked tireless, gave everything he could possibly do for us, future Everton captain for me, he would do anything for this club.

Neville - His passing is improving, he done well today, him and Castillo worked hard in the middle of the park and made it hard for chelsea to create anything.

Castillo - Quality peformance, looked similar to what mascherano does for liverpool, he won a few tackles and played the simple ball, something we have lacked in the middle earlier in the season.

Pienaar - Got to be one of the hardest working players in the premiership, he was up and down the pitch all game and didnt give it away as usual.

Jo - On and off today, he has bags of skill but he needs to build his strength up, he should have won us the game tbh but im happy with the draw.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I think we have done Chelsea a disservice sending such an understrength side to Stamford Bridge, a second string if you like, and then to get a draw against their first eleven European cup semi finalist side, its was discourteous in the extreme. You never see Man Utd do things like that because they lose.................................... :rolleyes:

On a more serious note we coped brilliantly with makeshift team that pulled for each other to a man. It is hard to find fault with a side that puts in a shift like that but we did have two glaring weakness's IMO, Jo though he worked harder away from GP than he normally does was still crap tonight, his misses cost us three points. A striker who misses chances like he did, including one where he topples through over balancing wants his arse kicking. On top of that he made some really shit hospital passes because he couldn't find either the tempo or judgment to place them properly...............I'm glad he is unavailable for the Citeh game when either Tim or JV can play up front with Saha on the bench

My other concern was Ossie, a few weeks back he put in a great game, it was due because he had spent weeks playing like a Conference man, all his old problems are back, light weight and all over the place. His inconsistency is reaching the point of despair, he can't be trusted to do his job properly and has become a flaw in our set up.........................I'm sure Moyes will be noting things like this and he will look for a replacement in the summer

Right, just got back from The Bridge.... and what a fucking performance! Our passing and movement was easily the best I have seen away from home all season and better than most home games as well. Really proud of the lads today.

Howard- Very good game, made some fantastic stops and was never really troubled.

Jacobson- Had a very good game, movement off the ball has very good and in the first half in particular he was very good at getting forward. Forged a good relationship with Ossie

Yobo- Looked dodgey throughout

Lescott- Very good game. A rock.

Baines- What else can you say but superb.

Osman- The fatigue showed but ran himself into the ground

Neville- Did what you expect of him and lead by example

Castillio- First 30 mins he was awful, in the second half however he was brillaint. I think he thought he was Essien!

Pienaar- Fantastic. Best game in a while

Cahill- Fantastic. Best game in a very long time. Fantastic

Jo- His link up play and possesion football was very good, his finishing however was not, still thought he had a good game overall though.

Overall i'm delighted. We could have won the game, but so could they. I'm a lot more confident about the final now than I was prior to the game. BRING IT ON. Right bed for me now. I'm a little bit pissed still and very very tired. I bloody hate trains!

If Everton had lost then Europa League football would have been assured (due to Chelsea securing Champions League position and Everton playing them in the cup final). But a draw means it's not yet confirmed.

Ah, but Chelsea's next two games are against West Ham and Fulham, our closest pursuers. So not only will they get those points, they will lock up sixth place (minimum) for us at the same time when they stomp our rivals into the ground!

Edited by JD in DC