IGNORED

Michael Mancienne

According to BBC website rumours from papers:

"Toffees boss David Moyes is also keen on bringing in Chelsea defender Michael Mancienne on a season-long loan next term. (Daily Mirror)"

Why would we be after another central defender unless we were planning to get rid of one of our three main guys?

From what I've seen/ heard Mancienne is a good player with bags of potential so if we got him on loan and he player he might want a permanent deal (if we could afford it?)

Makes me wonder if we'll see another case of 1 out and 1 in during the summer. Was hoping that we'd add to the squad personally, although CB wasn't a position I'd have taken on first of all...

Guest efctaxi

I think it's good business for Chelsea , but not sure he would give me the same confidence in our defence as Jags did .

He is still a kid really , and looks a bit effeminate to make me believe he would be a hard man at the back .

I mean jeez , the guy is almost kissable after 12 lagers and a curry :lol:

0mancienne_280x390_651834a.jpg

I think it's good business for Chelsea , but not sure he would give me the same confidence in our defence as Jags did .

He is still a kid really , and looks a bit effeminate to make me believe he would be a hard man at the back .

I mean jeez , the guy is almost kissable after 12 lagers and a curry :lol:

0mancienne_280x390_651834a.jpg

I agree but at least it is back up and Rodwell will still be able to improve his midfield game before finally reverting to defence.

ah i'm just never wrong. if baines is out we don't have a left back once nuno leaves (assuming he will) so we need cover. at the moment we've got lescott who could shift over but with jags out we need an extra body and i'm sure moyes would much rather keep joleon in the middle.

Guest efctaxi
Ewww...Taxi, Moe and Mancienne threesome...nasty :sick01: :sick02: .

I meant a Kirkby kiss :lol: .......... ahem ........ damn that was close . Quick thinking there from taxi lol :P

Moyes doesn't really loan unless he likes a player with a view to buy .

Would anyone here put him in their ' buy ' wish list ?

Also , if we are looking at loans , then does it mean we have no money again , or does it mean we are about to splash the cash in other areas ?

Edited by efctaxi

Also , if we are looking at loans , then does it mean we have no money again , or does it mean we are about to splash the cash in other areas ?

Moyes has said he thinks we may be in for a quiet summer (i.e. not much, if any, money), but he's also said we won't just be making bosman and loan signings :huh: .

Guest efctaxi
Moyes has said he thinks we may be in for a quiet summer (i.e. not much, if any, money), but he's also said we won't just be making bosman and loan signings :huh: .

So then we might be selling ?

he always does this, i hate his mixed signals.

i think there's a few good bosmans out and we never make the most of that market, i think we should aim to pick up 2 or 3 for the squad.

For where he plays: (Wikipedia)

Primarily a centre back, though also able to play at right back, he is already an established England under-21 player

Don't know much about him but straight away he plays for Chelsea, so he must be quite good. He has England caps towards his name and has done very well in teh Championship. It seems that he could be similar to Jacobsen next season, our defender on loan that does a bloody good job. All for the move, I think that with his youth we will get some quick, alert decisions at the back.

Height: 1.84m

Club: Chelsea

For where he plays: (Wikipedia)

Primarily a centre back, though also able to play at right back, he is already an established England under-21 player

Don't know much about him but straight away he plays for Chelsea, so he must be quite good. He has England caps towards his name and has done very well in teh Championship. It seems that he could be similar to Jacobsen next season, our defender on loan that does a bloody good job. All for the move, I think that with his youth we will get some quick, alert decisions at the back.

Height: 1.84m

Club: Chelsea

You should just change your name to wiki... he's good now, he'll be worldclass if he fulfills his potential. Know a lot of wolves fans, he's the best centre back they've seen since a certain Joleon, most say he has potential to be better. I'd love us to get him, but somewhere like wolves on-loan may be a better move for him and chelsea.

He will be a great player. From what I have seen of his time in the Championship he's been great. Would like to see him here :)

Is this a strong rumour though? Or just another name plucked from the media hat?

Edited by dark