IGNORED

Lorik Cana

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day if you was offered a job you liked and was offered another job the didn't like as much but double money what would you do.

With football its the same if he can earn double the amount at Sunderland than here then why would he not want to even if we might be a better club (in our opinion) as all he needs to do is stay there for a year and then move to a bigger club after impressing for a year.

We dont know if we are after him or not but a lot of reports are saying that we are/were.

I honestly beleive that things might be worse at Everton then we think or are led to believe.

Although i would like to see these players join us not if it courses us to go into administration.

Until the club is sold we have to get used to the fact that we cannot compete with the other teams around us and this will keep happening until we are sold. With DM history with buying players its not surprising that other managers are looking at the same players that DM might be.

At the end of the day if you was offered a job you liked and was offered another job the didn't like as much but double money what would you do.

If I could live comfortably on the money on offer from the job I liked I'd take it. No question at all....in fact I've done it on several occasions.

If your life is based solely on greed and how much you can make for yourself then good luck to you (not you specifically Adam) but there are far more important things imo.

If we are all agreed (We are not) that cana will choose sunderland over us for more money then I wouldn't want him. for the same reason I wouldn't want m'bia.

But, And this is where I have a real issue with the everton senior management. We are in a catch 22 we don't want topay wages fees for players because we think they are inflated but prices in any market is based on the demand for the product so in that case I think we have to accept we will never be able to compete because our values are under what the market dicates so therefore we are only going to get players who either no one esle wants (then why would we want them) or players that are desparate to come to everton whcih are few and far between. So we can argue that players are mercinary about wages and clubs fees are too high but we are operating in and trying to compete in that market so either we pay the going rate or we accept the club is too small and we have to reasses our expectation that we are a midtable club.

By all account we're not even if in for him so I won't feel like lost out on him or anything, but what pisses me off and concerns me is that clubs like Sunderland are genuinely trying to improve their side and in the meantime what are we doing? Trialing an 18 year old from Port Vale!

If we are all agreed (We are not) that cana will choose sunderland over us for more money then I wouldn't want him. for the same reason I wouldn't want m'bia.

But, And this is where I have a real issue with the everton senior management. We are in a catch 22 we don't want topay wages fees for players because we think they are inflated but prices in any market is based on the demand for the product so in that case I think we have to accept we will never be able to compete because our values are under what the market dicates so therefore we are only going to get players who either no one esle wants (then why would we want them) or players that are desparate to come to everton whcih are few and far between. So we can argue that players are mercinary about wages and clubs fees are too high but we are operating in and trying to compete in that market so either we pay the going rate or we accept the club is too small and we have to reasses our expectation that we are a midtable club.

Until the club is sold we have to get used to the fact that we cannot compete with the other teams around us

I agree 100% !!

This guy though isnt going to be our big major signing..... hes a decent player yes but were not crying out for another central midfielder... This fella would be sunderlands Star player...... so they will be willing to pay "star player wages" something he will not be at Everton...... SO to sunderland he may be worth 40-50k a week..... to us he may not.... we wouldnt pay someone 40-50k just to warm the bench...... A bit like what happend with Naughton... The guy was going to keep our bench warm... so no wonder we didnt keep upping our bid to match...

This guy though isnt going to be our big major signing..... hes a decent player yes but were not crying out for another central midfielder... This fella would be sunderlands Star player...... so they will be willing to pay "star player wages" something he will not be at Everton...... SO to sunderland he may be worth 40-50k a week..... to us he may not.... we wouldnt pay someone 40-50k just to warm the bench...... A bit like what happend with Naughton... The guy was going to keep our bench warm... so no wonder we didnt keep upping our bid to match...

DangerMouse. I get your point about the star player bit and if cana was a one off then fair enough but we have missed on several targets over the last few years because either we can't get the right fee or we can't compete on wages so whatever their status as a player we need numbers and quality and we are not getting either.

Take moutinho saga we were trying to buy the best prospect in portugal (arguably) who was captain of his club at 22 and is seen by people in the know as a very good player. the club didn't want to sell but they gave us a price they would sell at and we didn't match it or even come close. But then we throw 15 mil at fellani 12 hours before the deadline. I don't wnat us to be the next man city but I would like us to compete for players with teams like wigan and sunderland.

I agree with your point on Cana DM he is not a player we desperately need at this moment in time so why waste to us what would be a large sum of money, I dont agree with the Naughton comment though i think the lad would have been our starting RB or myabe Moyes would have had him on the RW.

I honestly dont think that we have the money that we even had last season to spend on transfers and dont think we will get anywhere near to breaking our transfer record this close season.

I understand what you saying that Cana might not be our star buy if we went and got him but he could turn out to be a decent signing and maybe our star player of the season.

I also agree that we need other areas first to fill but we have said that in previous summers when we have lost out on players and not brought other people in our needed positions either.

It could also be that Everton are trying to keep the debt down as they said they would have to borrow to buy more players and the less debt the better for trying to sell the club.

Here is a ? what would you rather have 3/4 decent signings totalling around £15-20m or no real signings and just loan and free to boost the team and then someone buy the club in September.

I know I am clutching onto straws but maybe they keeping debt down til a buyer can be found

DangerMouse. I get your point about the star player bit and if cana was a one off then fair enough but we have missed on several targets over the last few years because either we can't get the right fee or we can't compete on wages so whatever their status as a player we need numbers and quality and we are not getting either.

Take moutinho saga we were trying to buy the best prospect in portugal (arguably) who was captain of his club at 22 and is seen by people in the know as a very good player. the club didn't want to sell but they gave us a price they would sell at and we didn't match it or even come close. But then we throw 15 mil at fellani 12 hours before the deadline. I don't wnat us to be the next man city but I would like us to compete for players with teams like wigan and sunderland.

Who exactly have we missed out on........

I can recall one... Knaughton.. oh and maybe Mountino.. but then again Mountino hasnt moved ANYWHERE......

Everything else is just paper talk........

IM sure we have enquired about other players but who knows........

If memory serves parker emre who went to newcastle. owen Man U mbia Marseilles. Manny fernandes valencia. add naughton to that list Thats 7 including moutino. I would even include jacobsen for our constant dithering.

If they had all come in your talking a very good squad.

On a side note as not worth opening a new thread I see that Hull have accepted an offer for Sam Rickets from an un named club.

Was we not linked with him a little while ago?

I am sure we have looked at other targets but what worries me is that this seems to be like the last few windows.

DM says he wants people then he says that he will get people then what follows is told people not out there that he wants for sale then we know what happens after that

Michael Owen: no.

Kyle Naughton: no.

Lorik Cana: no.

Rasmus Elm: no....?

I was really looking forward to my new jersey with Cana on the back :(

Right now I don't care who we sign, as long as we sign a human being.

Maybe Prince William? Liam Gallagher? Prince Caspian?! just bloody SOMEONE!

how the hell did sunderland beat us to this one? seriously I'm beginning to wonder who Moyes is actually pursuing, it seems like every player we are linked with gets snatched up as soon as the rumour gains some steam. Can Bill really not get the funds to compete with Sunderland?