IGNORED

Lorik Cana

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this mornings Daily Post it doesnt look like we are even after him

Marseille’s captain Lorik Cana, meanwhile, has again gone public in his desire to speak with Everton officials but a move for the Albanian is not on the cards.

The saga surrounding Kyle Naughton’s move from Sheffield United, though, could soon reach a conclusion – but not in the manner every Evertonian wants. Sources in London were growing in confidence last night that Naughton and Kyle Walker will move to Tottenham but it is understood that talks are still ongoing.

This one has dragged its heels for nearly a year now.

If there is ANY truth in it then I really hope we sign him up, yes a little hot headed sometimes but looks one hell of a defensive midfielder.

Would love to see him up against the likes of lampard,barry, and gerrard etc. (like to see stevie g try those moves he did on that lad in a nightclub on cana!)

the transfer window is turning into an embarassment for us as i said earlier it must be down to wages he cant think sunderland are a better propersition than us.

So what your saying is..... lets just give him what he wants..... even if hes walked in and said I want 50k a week..... because thats what Sunderland have offered.....

If Moyse thinks hes worth 20k a week he wont go to much higher than that..... If someone wants to come along and throw 50-60k at a player when We think hes worth 20k so be it.......

Would you spend £5 on a can a coke when you know quite well its worth about 50p just because your mate wants it more..... Id laugh and leave them too it....

Obviously it all depends on how "desperate" you are...... Are we REALLY that desperate??????

the transfer window is turning into an embarassment for us as i said earlier it must be down to wages he cant think sunderland are a better propersition than us.

We don't even now if we want him though! We have enver publically declared any interest. It's only the player who said he want's to come to us, fuck I would love to come to play for Everton, doesn't mean it will or should happen. Infact we publically announced that Cana was not in Moyes' plans. This is not an embarassement, this is just a transfer. One that the media have made a mockery off and one that we probably where not going in for anyway.

We don't even now if we want him though! We have enver publically declared any interest. It's only the player who said he want's to come to us, fuck I would love to come to play for Everton, doesn't mean it will or should happen. Infact we publically announced that Cana was not in Moyes' plans. This is not an embarassement, this is just a transfer. One that the media have made a mockery off and one that we probably where not going in for anyway.

Agree with this too

And let's not forget that this transfer window we have been linked to anyone with a heartbeat, which gives the perception that we are missing out on targets. Only 1 or 2 have actually had any truth in them and resulted in disappointment.

I would like Cana here but he does not seem to be in our plans, let's hope our plan is to buy someone :P

And let's not forget that this transfer window we have been linked to anyone with a heartbeat, which gives the perception that we are missing out on targets. Only 1 or 2 have actually had any truth in them and resulted in disappointment.

I would like Cana here but he does not seem to be in our plans, let's hope our plan is to buy someone :P

Amen

DMouse said.......Obviously it all depends on how "desperate" you are, Are we REALLY that desperate??????

We dont need to be desperate to want players to sign for us, but we do need to be on an even keel with other Clubs if we are hoping to attract them.

You just said yourself that you wouldnt buy the coke for £5, the players are saying the same, Everton offer £25.000 everybody else offers £40.000 the player opts for the best deal.

I dont know if that is the case or not, but here we have a team that finishes in 5th place and also plays in europe on a regular basis, but we keep being turned down by our targets, who then decide to go and sign for obvious "lesser clubs", i cant think of any other reason.

so sunderland might be getting him, and now ppl are sayin we are a joke in the transfer market. If you would have read into this cana before you would know that it was all on cana's part and that everton never even mentioned about attempting to sign him. Cana was just after a transfer to the prem, obv moyes hasnt gone in for him, which must mean he doesnt see him making a difference to our side. Ok transfers with naughton didnt go to plan, but round come out the other week and said they have plenty of key players there trying to sign. So lets give them a bit more time lads :)

Moyes must honestly beleive we do not need a DM. I sort of agree with rodwell playing so well and neville covering. But then he went for m'bia and to the untrained eye cana looks the business as far as DM's go and he said he thought everton were a good option so again what is it that moyes sees that we don't

DMouse said.......Obviously it all depends on how "desperate" you are, Are we REALLY that desperate??????

We dont need to be desperate to want players to sign for us, but we do need to be on an even keel with other Clubs if we are hoping to attract them.

You just said yourself that you wouldnt buy the coke for £5, the players are saying the same, Everton offer £25.000 everybody else offers £40.000 the player opts for the best deal.

I dont know if that is the case or not, but here we have a team that finishes in 5th place and also plays in europe on a regular basis, but we keep being turned down by our targets, who then decide to go and sign for obvious "lesser clubs", i cant think of any other reason.

By what your saying Im guessing you would be the best boss in the world....

Everton offer what they think the player is worth...I think your getting that mixed up with..."what we can afford" & your thinking were skint....

Why should Everton be held to Ransom.....

Edited by DangerMouse

It's all well and good "giving the club time" but why do they do this every year? Don't they learn from the mistakes? Take last season, we started off pretty poorly for the first 10 or so games and then got into our stride. Is that coincidence or due to the fact that all the big signings (well, Feillani!) came in after the season had started.

IMO all of your signings should be done and players in during the pre-season, not 2 games into the season on deadline day which is all we ever seem to do. The window may only be open in Jan and July but you should know who you're after before then.

It's just massively frustrating that players we are linked with, truth or otherwise, seem to prefer to go to far inferior clubs. Yes, the reason for this is money, and yes we don't have as much as other clubs. But if the market dictates a player is worth £40k per week, we're wasting our time offering £25k as they won't join.

This does seem to have been a bit of a policy of Everton's over the years though to try and make it look like they're trying to sign players... I recall several "offers" for players lower than what had been accepted by other clubs and then the club coming out and saying "well, we tried".

Defensive midfield, for me is a definite position we need to purchase for with a recognised international player. We've lost out of M'Bia (which may be no bad thing as he seemed like a knob head) and looks as though we have no interest in Cana. We are now left with no other linked players to fill the position. I don't think Rodwell is ready to play 30+ games this season and not having someone for him to cover will mean he may have to

By what your saying Im guessing you would be the best boss in the world....

Everton offer what they think the player is worth...I think your getting that mixed up with..."what we can afford" & your thinking were skint....

Why should Everton be held to Ransom.....

??? I'm not sure i understand your argument, but to be on an even keel we have to offer the going rate as do other clubs, if that was the case we would win every time.

??? Talking about "being skint" or "what we can afford". .... just a reminder, Everton Debt supposedly £40 million. Redshite debt supposedly £350 million, but they can get players like £23m Torres and £18m Johnson.

It's all well and good "giving the club time" but why do they do this every year? Don't they learn from the mistakes? Take last season, we started off pretty poorly for the first 10 or so games and then got into our stride. Is that coincidence or due to the fact that all the big signings (well, Feillani!) came in after the season had started.

IMO all of your signings should be done and players in during the pre-season, not 2 games into the season on deadline day which is all we ever seem to do. The window may only be open in Jan and July but you should know who you're after before then.

It's just massively frustrating that players we are linked with, truth or otherwise, seem to prefer to go to far inferior clubs. Yes, the reason for this is money, and yes we don't have as much as other clubs. But if the market dictates a player is worth £40k per week, we're wasting our time offering £25k as they won't join.

This does seem to have been a bit of a policy of Everton's over the years though to try and make it look like they're trying to sign players... I recall several "offers" for players lower than what had been accepted by other clubs and then the club coming out and saying "well, we tried".

Defensive midfield, for me is a definite position we need to purchase for with a recognised international player. We've lost out of M'Bia (which may be no bad thing as he seemed like a knob head) and looks as though we have no interest in Cana. We are now left with no other linked players to fill the position. I don't think Rodwell is ready to play 30+ games this season and not having someone for him to cover will mean he may have to

What players do you refer to by the way when you say "But if the market dictates a player is worth £40k per week, we're wasting our time offering £25k as they won't join" & by the way.......how do you know....... I wont even go into the fact that we offer what we think someone is worth...... why go any higher......... If we really really want someone we will offer more...

"I recall several "offers" for players lower than what had been accepted by other clubs and then the club coming out and saying "well, we tried""

I remember this hapening in the early 90's but not recently.........