IGNORED

Lorik Cana

Linked again.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=content/e...marseilles-cana

Be good to see the bad boy in a blue shirt!

Everton are pushing through a bid for Olympique Marseille midfielder Lorik Cana.

French sources say Premiership rivals Arsenal have gone cold on the midfielder, but Everton's interest is as strong as ever.

Marseille are reluctant to part with Cana midseason, but a summer move to Goodison Park is on the cards for a player who can also play at centre-half.

anyone seen him play at centre half, is he any good in that poisition? I was just thinking if any of this does come to fruition we have a player that would cover 2 positions for the price of 1, and so would be a very good investment considering we only have jags/yobo/lescott for cb and moyes insists on playing all 3 every game.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've more or less come to the conclusion following the game against wigan today that this transfer NEEDS to happen. We never properly replaced Carsley, and I think that somebody like Lorik Cana can more than adequetely fill the role that was left by him

He would be a fantastic signing for us. We need someone in that position and he would be the perfect choice. Appiah would be good on a free and the rumour around the forum is that we don't have anything to spend in January on new players which makes me feel that Cana woulden't come to us. We need some solid rumours, some that actually could happen and I would be more than happy for this to be one of them. Carsley has been greatly missed, maybe because he wasn't a top-draw player but because of the position he played in and I don't think anyone saw it coming at the time. I was happy to let Carsley go down a league to Birmingham. If I had of known I would be urging Moyes to give him a 2-year deal and keep him locked at Goodison. I guess it's all about decisions in football.

I've more or less come to the conclusion following the game against wigan today that this transfer NEEDS to happen. We never properly replaced Carsley, and I think that somebody like Lorik Cana can more than adequetely fill the role that was left by him

Shall we start a petition so we can raise the money to buy him then? Because Kenwright is flat out of money.

Shall we start a petition so we can raise the money to buy him then? Because Kenwright is flat out of money.

Haha i must admit I have sometimes found you to be a bit negative Romey but todays display has got me that depressed i am agreeing with everything you say.

• 5 months later...

Him and Fellaini would probably pick up around 50% of the booking in the entire league. I like him but he is a little bit of a nutter. Funnily enough his disciplinary record is not actually all that bad, but I think over here he woud get penalised alot more.

I think its the other way around now. Players in Enlgand get to much "protection" from anything near to a strong tackle. Players such as Essien took time to get used to the prem as they where used to getting away with more in France. Essien's disciplinary record was not great in his first season in England. I think that English referee's will call players up more than French. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Ligue 1 is alot more stop-start than our league, but the ref's don't like to spoil the game with cards. Problem is, our ref's have gone too close to 'the book' and now are told to brand cards even if you consider the foul to break the laws. Its over protection for the players IMO. i.e Goalkeepers!?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest efctaxi
Reports coming out of France that Hamburg have offered 6m euros for Cana.

Apparantly if this happens , I've been told Marseille will then move for mbia :huh:

ps , I was also told this yeterday , so expect it to happen .

Edited by efctaxi

Apparantly if this happens , I've been told Marseille will then move for mbia :huh:

ps , I was also told this yeterday , so expect it to happen .

I'm sure we should give people forfeits for making statements like this................... if it doesn't come off of course

I nice pink profile or posting window ha ha ha.....

Edited by DangerMouse

Guest efctaxi
I'm sure we should give people forfeits for making statements like this................... if it doesn't come off of course

I nice pink profile or posting window ha ha ha.....

lmao :lol:

Seriously though , I received a mail on this subject with a level headed content .

The following day , things went exactly as the mail predicted . It didn't say we won't get him , but just that M'bia would be an immidiate target once Cana was approached etc etc .

we will probs find out on the 1st july ive heard hes coming to us but it is rumour from finch farm...can we pay more than marsielle...maybe.

so you've heard that we are signing cana and m'bia - from finch farm?

where only a hand full of players are training and moyes is still on holiday.

come on, you made it up didn't you? :rolleyes: