IGNORED

Lorik Cana

dont agree steve, manny shown moments of class that Osman just wouldn't do, dont get me wrong I like ossie, he's a good player to have in the squad but he wouldnt exactly get a game for a champions league team would he? I bet fernandes would. People critised Manny for being inconsistent but I think thats what Osmans problem is.

disagree with you and agree with steve. Manny is not better than Osman, no way.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont agree steve, manny shown moments of class that Osman just wouldn't do, dont get me wrong I like ossie, he's a good player to have in the squad but he wouldnt exactly get a game for a champions league team would he? I bet fernandes would. People critised Manny for being inconsistent but I think thats what Osmans problem is.

moment of class are not good enough. beattie showed moments.

inconsistency is the difference between a decent player and a great player.

manny was at benfica, CL team, they didnt want him, hes at Valencia, didnt want him.

he skinned a few players, scored one good goal, all in two six month periods. he has potential, but if he was so great he wouldnt have spent the last few years being pimped around europe like a cheap whore.

i think a lot of people were blinded by his tricks, tricks dont win football matches

moment of class are not good enough. beattie showed moments.

inconsistency is the difference between a decent player and a great player.

manny was at benfica, CL team, they didnt want him, hes at Valencia, didnt want him.

he skinned a few players, scored one good goal, all in two six month periods. he has potential, but if he was so great he wouldnt have spent the last few years being pimped around europe like a cheap whore.

i think a lot of people were blinded by his tricks, tricks dont win football matches

Actually, benfica did want him to stay, he just didn't want to stay at benfica. Can't say I blame him, and that's not just cuz im from Sporting. benfica has pretty much changed their whole squad every year for the last 5 years, always claming that this year is the one, and they've always failed. This year, they aren't even going to the CL. so MF did the smart thing and left.

Nut you're right, he is too flamboyant, too many neat tricks and not enough consistency. But if he settles down and focuses more on results than show, he can be a lethal player. i see him as a R7 wannabe, but ronaldo transpires class. Manel is gifted, but he has to learn his limitations.

http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Fo...Premier-League/

Marseille President denys having any contact with Wenger about proposed move. The thing i found interesting, or maybe it could just be a wrong translation, but it was when he talks about the price.

"It's a pipe dream," he told La Provence. "Arsene Wenger has my number. He has not called and, if he does, how much? I would I begin with a two and this would be followed by a high figure."

What does he mean by this? He will cost 2m euros? 20m euros? 200m euros!!! I think that 2m would seem very very cheap for the captain. 20m however would be a hugely over rated price.

Im confused, my only guess is its a shitty translation

Cana, Moutinho, Manny, Cahill and Arteta in midfield for me

As much as i would love to see that midfield, Manny definatly is NOT going to happen, as i have stated in previous threads, Valencia's manager has publically spoken about how Manny has impressed him during pre-season and he wants to keep hold of him as he remains in his plans for this season.

Wish some rich bastard like Branston would buy us, i know the shirts would have virgin on the front but who cares. we need money to compete, look at man city, aston villa and spurs. As much as bill loves the club i can see him ruining it, sorry i sound negative but balls to it

Bernie Ecclestone and Briatore. Which makes them richer than Chelsea :blink:

Fans, maybe? the other on that joined is a multi-billionnaire based in london, and i think it's the only london club still "on sale", as it were...

well chelsea was bought by RA a long ways ago, and only after mourinho did they achieve top form, so, u know, it's not always about the money. it's much more about knowing WHAT or WHO to buy ;)

Branston, the pickle magnate is not as rich as some would believe especially due to rising vinegar costs.

Flavio Briatore owns QPR. Mega mega bucks made from F1.

Would be nice if we had someone who could rub 2 bob together rather than scrimping for everything.

Branston, the pickle magnate is not as rich as some would believe especially due to rising vinegar costs.

Flavio Briatore owns QPR. Mega mega bucks made from F1.

Would be nice if we had someone who could rub 2 bob together rather than scrimping for everything.

Would be nice

As much as i would love to see that midfield, Manny definatly is NOT going to happen, as i have stated in previous threads, Valencia's manager has publically spoken about how Manny has impressed him during pre-season and he wants to keep hold of him as he remains in his plans for this season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3965328,00.html

Actually, benfica did want him to stay, he just didn't want to stay at benfica. Can't say I blame him, and that's not just cuz im from Sporting. benfica has pretty much changed their whole squad every year for the last 5 years, always claming that this year is the one, and they've always failed. This year, they aren't even going to the CL. so MF did the smart thing and left.

Nut you're right, he is too flamboyant, too many neat tricks and not enough consistency. But if he settles down and focuses more on results than show, he can be a lethal player. i see him as a R7 wannabe, but ronaldo transpires class. Manel is gifted, but he has to learn his limitations.

Don't you mean Spurs.....? ;)

Hope it is not too late to get Cana, although I have a feeling it will be if they want 20m for him.

Got him on Football Manager and he is an absolute mentaller, got 4 reds in a season and was the most disciplined player, but also the most successfull tackler.

Not saying we need more cards though, just saying it would be good to see him crunch a few reds on a derby day and maybe take ronaldo down a few times. ;)

It won't happen. The actual L'Equipe article that it is stating actually said that both us and arsenal where interested but they did not want to sell there captain 1 week before the end of the tranfer window. Its fair enough. Plus they wanted 20m and for that money we could afford Joao.

• 2 months later...