IGNORED

This Is More Like It! :)

Haha. But a fan of a club wouldn't want to join its rival.

Scouse, i'd disagree with you. I think he'd be a good acquisition for Everton. He do a good job on playing off a big guy as well. He's a player i rate.

I completely disagree with your "would a fan of a club want to join it's rival" comment Xavier (and this isn't just a rival thing against you).

You only have to look close to home, Fowler, Carragher, Owen, McManaman, Rush and I'm sure others who have converted the other way (Dave Watson and Peter Reid to name a couple).

I think also playing for a club for sometime (as he has for Bolton) must weaken the feeling you have for your boyhood team.

This has always interested me, if you supported say Everton avidly until you started playing for say Bolton for ten years, who wuld you go and watch on a Saturday when you retired? What i mean is does your feelings for your boyhood (or girlhood although less likely to play professionally) team get completely overtaken? Guess it's different if you join a big rival or get stick off the fans of your one time heroes (Rooney/Fowler) but still think it's an interesting question.

Anyhoo I'm rambling......

Think i would go to see the team where i live at the time, for example..........

I'm born in the Pool, and follow Everton..... they dont sign me or give me a contract so i sign for Norwich, where i spend 10 good years, have a very good career and end up as Team and Club Captain.

I have a nice house, and a growing family going to school, my wife has made a career for herself, and we are well liked by the community. My life has been in Norwich for the best part of my adult life, i met my wife in Norwich, i have friends in Norwich.

Everton would always be the First result i would look for, but to go and watch them on a regular basis, i would have to consider moving house wife and family back to the Pool.

There are many difficult decisions to be made in your lifetime and this would be one of them.

I would stay and go to watch Norwich when i retired.

Licker.

Edited by toffeelicker

Haha. But a fan of a club wouldn't want to join its rival.

Scouse, i'd disagree with you. I think he'd be a good acquisition for Everton. He do a good job on playing off a big guy as well. He's a player i rate.

Agreed he would be a good acquisition, but he is not the player we need to strengthen our team as a priority, midfield is the department which needs the least attention. Cahill plays the Nolan role and plays it will, whilst if we played 5 accross the midfield I would love to see VDM, Nolan, Neville, Cahill, Arteta in it, the money we would spend on Nolan 6mill plus? could be spent on other areas which we need to strengthen ie , GK, defenders x 2 and striker.

Think i would go to see the team where i live at the time, for example..........

I'm born in the Pool, and follow Everton..... they dont sign me or give me a contract so i sign for Norwich, where i spend 10 good years, have a very good career and end up as Team and Club Captain.

I have a nice house, and a growing family going to school, my wife has made a career for herself, and we are well liked by the community. My life has been in  Norwich for the best part of my adult life, i met my wife in Norwich, i have friends in Norwich. 

Everton would always be the First result i would look for, but to go and watch them on a regular basis, i would have to consider moving house wife and family back to the Pool.

There are many difficult decisions to be made in your lifetime and this would be one of them.

I would stay and go to watch Norwich when i retired.

Licker.

Erm Licker are you describing your ACTUAL life there?

If not, it's quite an in-depth fantasy you're sharing with us...well done.

p.s. is your East Anglian wife hot?