IGNORED

Reo-coker

Wasnt DM after him when he went to Villa? Bet this deal will have more to do with Barry stayin or goin! Theyve ruined a few mf players at Villa this year wot happened to Sidwell?

Thats a very good point actually.

Af or Sidwell, he's had a few injury problems this year. Would hardly say he has been ruined by Villa. Chelsea did the damage to Sidwell.

It's going to revolve around Gareth Barry as to whether NRC leaves or stays at Villa Park. Sidwell isn't the player he was at Reading, as soon as he left there was a feeling that he woulden't do well at Chelsea. He managed a handful of games and never found the net, as Villa he has played a handful of games, one of his goals being against us :(

He's a decent player no doubt but could have been so much more.

reo-coker would be an epic signing if true. Would love him here

Would love him here too but we have to ask ourselves the following questions:

1) What positions do we need to improve?

A) Right Winger, cover for Baines, Cover for Pienaar

2) With Nev, and Rodwell do we need another DM?

A) No

3) Would Aston Villa be prepared to sell a player to their closest rivals?

A) Probably Not.

4) With so many players available on a free, or loans (like Castillo last season) why spend precious money on R/K

5) If we get Montinho we will have the followings midfield players

Pienaar, Arteta, Osman, Cahill, Fellani, Nev, Rodwell, Gosling, Montinho even with europe and the addition of a much needed Winger we would not need another DM.

IMHO

We aint going to get moutinho thats almost a fact, so people need to move on from him now and look to the next "riquelme" as it where. The fact NRC can play in numourous postitions appeals to Moyes as he likes players like that, so the arguement of do we need him has an answer - Yes, one we need numbers in strength and Nev isnt going to be around for very long, Rodwell will more than likely move to CB so it then leaves us without a DM, a postion NRC is good at along with defence, RB and midfeild in general. Now for the right price it would be an ideal transfer but as the question was asked before "would Villa want to sell to a rival?" more than likely a big no or big money grabbing yes.

loved him when he played for wimbledon and we should have signed him then. Dont think he has progressed as he would have liked. True, he can play a few positions but to be honest he isnt very good as a right back so the holding midfielder role is the only option. We are going for better players than that and we probably have better already.

loved him when he played for wimbledon and we should have signed him then. Dont think he has progressed as he would have liked. True, he can play a few positions but to be honest he isnt very good as a right back so the holding midfielder role is the only option. We are going for better players than that and we probably have better already.

Are we? i dont think that will be the case imo far from it, he is a good player and proven in the Prem which i expect what we will be looking at wont be. I would like to see him here he has the right mentality and is a good player but as above i can't see Villa parting with him.

Edited by EFC-Paul

To be honest i think we are. Granted he is hard working and got a good engine but i wouldnt say he is creative and is not great when it comes to distribution. Granted some players make careers out of that (makele) however he is british which would add 3-4 million extra on his transfer fee than somebody just as good who is less known. I know its all about opinions but he would not be for me..................

We aint going to get moutinho thats almost a fact, so people need to move on from him now and look to the next "riquelme" as it where. The fact NRC can play in numourous postitions appeals to Moyes as he likes players like that, so the arguement of do we need him has an answer - Yes, one we need numbers in strength and Nev isnt going to be around for very long, Rodwell will more than likely move to CB so it then leaves us without a DM, a postion NRC is good at along with defence, RB and midfeild in general. Now for the right price it would be an ideal transfer but as the question was asked before "would Villa want to sell to a rival?" more than likely a big no or big money grabbing yes.

The Moutinho question will be resolved one way or another - I dont know which way.

Even if we dont get him our prioraties remain a right winger, and cover for Baines and Pienaar. Our limited resources should be pent there.

Phil wont go on for ever, but I can see him playing with us for next season and probably the one after that, he is a model pro. Cover for him and Rodwell (who I think is blessed by being equally good at CB or DM) would be better served bu a loan or promissing youngster this season and a replace ment next season.

If we get Moutinho he will be the replacement for nev in the long term as he can pass, tackle and create a very well ronded midfielder.

I think NRC had the potential a couple of seasons ago to be very good but as someone else has said has not made the required improvement. Very good as cover but not the quality we would need to persue for the champions leauge place. The money villa would charge use - especialy with Barry of to the shitepool would as I said take away from the limited resources we have.

He's just not good enough for the Everton team. In this summer window we need to move foreward as a team, this signing woulden't do it to be honest. He would not be a regular for the first team and woulden't challange the current performers in order to make them improve their games. The money could be spent elsewhere, I'm against this move.

He may well leave though - His destination is probably someone like Hull who will be looking to improve numbers/talent in order to maintain Premiership status for another season.

2) With Nev, and Rodwell do we need another DM?

A) No

could not disagree more.

neville has had a good season but he's getting on and he's not the best footballer in the world either, he's not going to push us forward.

rodwell is a talented youngster but not ready for the role, his reading of the game needs more time to develop. he's a centre half for the future and i don't think should be considered as a 2nd choice defensive mid.

we're crying out for a good DM in my opinion, second to only a right winger.

i'd love reo-coker here, very good player, breaks things up brillianty.

Yeah I agree he was worth a punt in his West Ham days but he hasnt lived up to expectations and I think we have moved on as a club since then,. I suppose he is still young enough to improve his game but like you I would hope that we are going for better players than him and I certainly agree that we already have better players in our ranks now.

He would be ok for cover but dout he would be much more than that

could not disagree more.

neville has had a good season but he's getting on and he's not the best footballer in the world either, he's not going to push us forward.

rodwell is a talented youngster but not ready for the role, his reading of the game needs more time to develop. he's a centre half for the future and i don't think should be considered as a 2nd choice defensive mid.

talking sense to me mate

could not disagree more.

I'd second that. :smile_anim: