IGNORED

Saha To Go To Turkey

Guest efctaxi

Waste of squad space ?

That's a little unfair in my opinion .

He helped us to secure 12 points last season , get into the final against Boro , and scored a great goal in the final , and 8 goals wasn't a bad tally considering his time on the pitch .

Edited by efctaxi

Waste of squad space ?

That's a little unfair in my opinion .

He helped us to secure 12 points last season , get into the final against Boro , and scored a great goal in the final , and 8 goals wasn't a bad tally considering his time on the pitch .

yeah id have to agree, i think he has doen quite well since he aint played many consecutive games.. But on the flip side, near enough 2m besikitas would pay, i think if i were moyes id give that a thought, extra money to bolster other ares up <_<

I don't understand how people rate saha his contribution was limited to say the least what proves it to me is that for what ever reason I am gesussing fitness to start many games I would prefer to invest the playing time in vaughn or even vic. We have to accept that we are a 451 club with our current squad and therefore yak and two others are all we need. don't forget saha didn't get in against Jo (a loanee) or cahill a midfielder.

I don't understand how people rate saha his contribution was limited to say the least .

I'm still not sure, but i thought he scored 8 goals. He was our best scoring 'striker' this season :)

don't forget saha didn't get in against Jo (a loanee) or cahill a midfielder

That's because he was injured. Agreed, the fact he is injury prone is a problem.

We have to accept that we are a 451 club with our current squad and therefore yak and two others are all we need

Last season proved that to be wrong. we had our 3 best strikers injured at the same time, if we want to compete in europe for a few months we need a bigger squad.

And even if we only needed the Yak and two others, Saha is one of the others for me, His contribution was far higher then Anichebe.

My conclusion: no reason for him to leave, certainly not for 1.7m pounds.

It seems some people agree with me. I think moyes did exactly the right thing to deal with our stiker injury problem by getting Jo in on loan I think if you play 1 up front what we have currently (4 players Including saha) is more than enough to cover 1 position. I also think you it would be silly to count saha in that 4 as he is so unrliable.

Let me explain why I dislike him being here so much. With everyone fit he is not going to be our first choice striker and to be competition he needs to be a decent back up. But if he is sporadically fit then we can't rely on him to be available when Yak is injured/suspended. the other problem is I do not beleive he would handle a run of more than 5 games due to fitness issues and therefore you can plan ahead based on him being available. Add to that when he did play his form was very in and out and therefore does he even warrant a place in the squad when we can get 2 mil for him. Oh and he must be nearly 31 now aswell.

As much as Vic/Vaughs havn't performed consistently atleast give them the games rather than waste them on a has been.

Guest blueboy122

agreed with memmaclub. louis saha would do well in the turkish league in my opion. hes one of those players who you wont hear about for a year and then boom liverpool get galatasary in the cl and he plants one in the back of the net haha

Saha is a very very good player. if you can keep him fit an healthy, i'd have him over Yak in the team, at least you got someone who works for the team an can score AFTER NOVEMBER(which the Yak can't).

Also the reason Jo was ahead of Saha in the league was because Jo was cup tied an Saha was recovering still, so its better to use Jo in the league and leave Saha for the cup.

A fit Saha all season would easly get over 20 goals.

Keeping him fit is a problem.

as for saying you'd had Vau an Ani in the team, both of them are injury prone and don't have the same scoring record. Vau wasn't used much at the end of the season as he just recovered(AGAIN)from a serious injury.

How can you say yak doesn't score after November in his only fit season with us he scored 21 goals throughout the year so from that statement i have to assume you are stupid. People who say saha is a good option for everton obviously haven't seen him play he is so in and out it is stupid. Out more than In. his form was patchy and in some games he was non exsistent.

People are quite bizarre sometimes.

Saha didn't just score 8 goals, he scored 8 important goals.

He won us the first game against fulham. He put 4 past west ham. He scored the fastest goal in FA cup final history. Not only that he recovered from injury as quick as could be expected and is eager to prove himself to Moyes by improving his form. If he starts a dozen games next season and gets subbed in 2 dozen or so I reckon he can hit double figures, and I certainly think that's much more than Owen would achieve. Plus, Saha is okay being 2nd choice, Owen would probably have a problem sitting on the bench for most the season. And he'd be more in wages.

I don't want Owen because whatever he had isn't there anymore, while Saha still has enough of it left to be of value, and much more to us than 1.7mil. Besides, Moyes isn't dumb enough to get one 30 year old striker with a history of injury problems and replace him with another 30 year old striker with a history of injury problems who costs more each week.

Saha fits here, I was excited about the transfer when it happened and I'll be happy if he stays. And he will.

Edited by The Regulator

Guest efctaxi
People are quite bizarre sometimes.

Saha didn't just score 8 goals, he scored 8 important goals.

He won us the first game against fulham. He put 4 past west ham. He scored the fastest goal in FA cup final history. Not only that he recovered from injury as quick as could be expected and is eager to prove himself to Moyes by improving his form. If he starts a dozen games next season and gets subbed in 2 dozen or so I reckon he can hit double figures, and I certainly think that's much more than Owen would achieve. Plus, Saha is okay being 2nd choice, Owen would probably have a problem sitting on the bench for most the season. And he'd be more in wages.

I don't want Owen because whatever he had isn't there anymore, while Saha still has enough of it left to be of value, and much more to us than 1.7mil. Besides, Moyes isn't dumb enough to get one 30 year old striker with a history of injury problems and replace him with another 30 year old striker with a history of injury problems who costs more each week.

Saha fits here, I was excited about the transfer when it happened and I'll be happy if he stays. And he will.

His headed goal also sent us to Wembley :)

How can you say yak doesn't score after November in his only fit season with us he scored 21 goals throughout the year so from that statement i have to assume you are stupid. People who say saha is a good option for everton obviously haven't seen him play he is so in and out it is stupid. Out more than In. his form was patchy and in some games he was non exsistent.

i think u find that if you look at Yak scoring record over every year in the prem, that he scored shedloads up till nov then can't hit a barn door.

i think u find that if you look at Yak scoring record over every year in the prem, that he scored shedloads up till nov then can't hit a barn door.

A myth.

Couple of examples after a very quick check...hat-trick against Fulham (8/12/2007) and two vital goals against Newcastle (11/5/2008). Sure there are more.

(More precise check shows he scored six goals August to November that season and fifteen from December on)

Feed the yak and he will score

feed the yak

feed the yak

feed the yak and he will score

carnt wait to see the guy back..... im not arsed about his workrate sometimes as long as he puts the ball in the net....

If he has a barron spell though.... I want to see him working his bollocks off....

anyways I think his work rate improved a hell of a lot since hes been with us....

Sort of same thing with Saha..... If he puts the bal lin the net I dont really care about the work rate.... its a bonus... a bonus you pay an extra 10m for....

Edited by DangerMouse

why do people hate yak soo much that they want an injury prone 30 something to be our first choice striker. Do you really think if saha was up to it in the prem Man U would have let him go. Yak is by far the best striker at the club

Only Adpom said he'd prefere Saha as first choice If he would be fit a whole season.

And saha became 4th choice at Manu, after 3 of the best forwards in the world, that's why he left.

Don't mean to be rude, But alot of what you said really makes no sense.

Why do you hate Saha so much? he's injury prone, yes. But we have a few others in our team that are aswell.