IGNORED

Gary O'neil

you are right o'niel is a far better player than the 2 mentioned he would improve the squad.

But he would still be on the bench, i wouldnt drop any of our present 1st 11 to play him.

Obinna, Elm, and Senderos can all improve the squad and also get a few games in. £12m can get all three.

Agree with Bill on this one, he will be a bench warmer nothing more. We need to be improving our first team and in return making the likes of Osman bench warmers, we dont have the cash to be buying players like this.

Edited by scouse

But he would still be on the bench, i wouldnt drop any of our present 1st 11 to play him.

Obinna, Elm, and Senderos can all improve the squad and also get a few games in. £12m can get all three.

Totally agree with you mate in regards to getting those 3 and I think around £12mill would probably get them, TBH I'm not o'neils biggest fan but i would still sign him for £2-3mill as I think another player like him on the bench wont go a miss later on in the season when our usual injuries/suspensions kick in.

So total outlay around £15mill(max) and we have 4 decent players adding to our numbers, then if he still wants to let lescott go in january and replace him then. Surely after another good season - 5th place finish, cup final etc we should have £15mill to spend?????......surely!! LOL

This is a bit like expecting to be taken for a nice 3 course meal and ending up in the queue at mcdonalds.

Whilst i'm doing that analogy - why not go for a big slap up fancy meal, impress the mrs, and then later on if there is a gap in the belly, grab a cheeseburger just to finish things off. You can bet your bottom dollar if you buy a few cheeseburgers, you don't have the space for a fillet steak.

We do not need these types of players, Gosling could develop instead of having this lad take up space. We need players who will take us forward, not to increase the number of players who can do a job. Any money we have in the regoin of 2-3m should be used to pay a premium to get a top class player.

Agree with Bill on this one, he will be a bench warmer nothing more. We need to be improving our first team and in return making the likes of Osman bench warmers, we dont have the cash to be buying players like this.

Well if he does sign it is directly because we haven't the cash to buy quality players, after all Moyes did say he was going to get squad players and O'Neil is definitely that. But is he a better right-back than Hibbert? Any doubtingly yes, plus Moyes gets off with versatile players so can see this one happening. Imagine Hibbert and O'Neil, in for a injured Osman on the right flank?

Hold on a sec.....................

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Much better!