IGNORED

Can England Win The World Cup?

After confirming qualification last night England are third favourites to win the thing behind Spain and Brazil.

The press will no doubt get completely carried away now but can we realistically win it?

Personally I can't see beyond Spain, but upsets happen. Just hope one or two of our lads can squeeze into the squad.....late start to the season might just work in Jags favour, still be going strong after Upson/L*****t etc are getting jaded after a long season. Baines' only chance will be Bridge or Cole getting injured I think.

We'll have plenty of representation in other teams though, we can deffo support SA, Oz and Holland. The USA are almost certainly there, Russia will hopefully make it but Nigeria look to be struggling unless Tunisia slip up and Belgium are out.

I love a World Cup summer :P !

England can win it for one reason - Capello.

I am so happy to be able to legitimately support Holland in a competition :P

Brazil look pretty awesome when you consider that they're not playing in the most spectacular fashion just yet - also, I would be overjoyed to see Ronaldo and Adriano return!

Spain. Well, Europe's strongest hopes probably but I get the feeling their old stage fright might return.

Got a sneaky feeling that Italy might pull off something, maybe even a Final appearance. I mean, they've got arguably the best goalkeeper on the planet and ze Germans got to the final with the same thing seven years ago.

Here is a bloody thought, though -

The World Cup without Messi or C. Ronaldo.

Very possible but so, so strange eh???

England can win it for one reason - Capello.

I am so happy to be able to legitimately support Holland in a competition :P

Brazil look pretty awesome when you consider that they're not playing in the most spectacular fashion just yet - also, I would be overjoyed to see Ronaldo and Adriano return!

Spain. Well, Europe's strongest hopes probably but I get the feeling their old stage fright might return.

Got a sneaky feeling that Italy might pull off something, maybe even a Final appearance. I mean, they've got arguably the best goalkeeper on the planet and ze Germans got to the final with the same thing seven years ago.

Here is a bloody thought, though -

The World Cup without Messi or C. Ronaldo.

Very possible but so, so strange eh???

Well, for all we've (not) done, we really don't deserve to go, although sweden is even worse, so I can see us going to the playoffs and denmark going direct.

Anyways, if we don't go, that's one less penalty shootout to worry about, eh? ;)

We can win it, we got the players, will we win it, i dunno. depends who we get in the group an who qualifys in total. Not at all excited about the world cup at the mo tho.

It's the single most exciting sporting event in the history of mankind! I love the WC even though Belgium rarely gets to compete in it anymore.