IGNORED

3 Losses In A Week

jcrawfor

what has happened to the squad we came to love last year? This year there's no grit about the team, instead a sense of complacency is what I've noticed. The team we are able to field, in spite of the ridiculous number of injuries, is strong enough to be deposing of teams like Bolton, Wolves and Burnley. What's going on?

What pissed me off more than anything last night was the fact that despite it being obvious to most that the midfield was virtually non existent the only response was to swap our only threat for Bambi. I appreciate that resources are stretched but he should have brought on a couple of the youngsters to try and shake it up a bit.

What pissed me off more than anything last night was the fact that despite it being obvious to most that the midfield was virtually non existent the only response was to swap our only threat for Bambi. I appreciate that resources are stretched but he should have brought on a couple of the youngsters to try and shake it up a bit.

That's Moyes all over though really isn't it Ig? Him not having the balls/brains to do something like that is the reason why, in my opinion, he'll only ever be a good manager and never a great manager. I like Moyes, I really do, but he's so backward sometimes it's unbelievable.

That's Moyes all over though really isn't it Ig? Him not having the balls/brains to do something like that is the reason why, in my opinion, he'll only ever be a good manager and never a great manager. I like Moyes, I really do, but he's so backward sometimes it's unbelievable.

I'm afraid so, even before half time it was obvious we were struggling, with Louis having to go off that virtually destroyed any chance we had of getting back into the game. That should have been the catalyst, with nothing to lose by then he should (IMO) have gone 4-5-1 taken Fellaini off and put TC back in the hole behind Yak, with some fresh and (hopefully) willing legs in midfield, we just might have salvaged something.

what has happened to the squad we came to love last year? This year there's no grit about the team, instead a sense of complacency is what I've noticed. The team we are able to field, in spite of the ridiculous number of injuries, is strong enough to be deposing of teams like Bolton, Wolves and Burnley. What's going on?

What's going on! Injuries, loss of form by a couple of players and teams that we should be beating NOT rolling over and playing dead, just as they haven't against 'other' teams who should be beating them.....ie Stoke winning away at Spurs!

We loved the squad last year.......Loving them or hating them....isn't relly going to change much I'm afraid, it's far more complecated than that.

Last night against Spurs (and yes we all know EVERYONE has injuries)....I'd guess that if fit, these players would have played a part, Jagielka, Yobo, Baines (that's just about all of the deffence)...Arteta and Pienaar (our two most creative players), Billy, who could have caused a few problems....Neville (captain)

The Yak DID play, but he's surely not at 100% and we all know he needs a certain amount of feeding, that job is probably best done by the likes of Arteta and Pienaar, maybe Billy in the future, and they weren't playing.

Cahill did play!...Was it in his most usefull/dangerous position?

Rodwell.......tied! bullshit!...he just needs experience around him and a bit more help.

Gosling! what is his best position?

A few new players trying to settle in, not easy to do so with the team being changed around constantly!

Jo's had a bit of stick on here just lately, and the Yak could maybe be brought back in more gently....so you could say an oppotunity for Vaughan or Anichebe.....OH, yes, both injured.

I'm not getting into the debate about why so many injured players.....there just are! and we and Everton have to live with it.

Moyes and Everton are doing the best they can, at the moment, were struggling, which teams wouldn't with SO MANY injuries.

I don't expect Arteta and Jagielka to exactly set the world on fire in their first couple of games, as they will need time to get up and running, so were just going to have to hope and pray things pick up as soon as possible.....not much else we can do is there!

What's going on! Injuries, loss of form by a couple of players and teams that we should be beating NOT rolling over and playing dead, just as they haven't against 'other' teams who should be beating them.....ie Stoke winning away at Spurs!

We loved the squad last year.......Loving them or hating them....isn't relly going to change much I'm afraid, it's far more complecated than that.

Last night against Spurs (and yes we all know EVERYONE has injuries)....I'd guess that if fit, these players would have played a part, Jagielka, Yobo, Baines (that's just about all of the deffence)...Arteta and Pienaar (our two most creative players), Billy, who could have caused a few problems....Neville (captain)

The Yak DID play, but he's surely not at 100% and we all know he needs a certain amount of feeding, that job is probably best done by the likes of Arteta and Pienaar, maybe Billy in the future, and they weren't playing.

Cahill did play!...Was it in his most usefull/dangerous position?

Rodwell.......tied! bullshit!...he just needs experience around him and a bit more help.

Gosling! what is his best position?

A few new players trying to settle in, not easy to do so with the team being changed around constantly!

Jo's had a bit of stick on here just lately, and the Yak could maybe be brought back in more gently....so you could say an oppotunity for Vaughan or Anichebe.....OH, yes, both injured.

I'm not getting into the debate about why so many injured players.....there just are! and we and Everton have to live with it.

Moyes and Everton are doing the best they can, at the moment, were struggling, which teams wouldn't with SO MANY injuries.

I don't expect Arteta and Jagielka to exactly set the world on fire in their first couple of games, as they will need time to get up and running, so were just going to have to hope and pray things pick up as soon as possible.....not much else we can do is there!

yeah everything he said.... haha

I'm afraid so, even before half time it was obvious we were struggling, with Louis having to go off that virtually destroyed any chance we had of getting back into the game. That should have been the catalyst, with nothing to lose by then he should (IMO) have gone 4-5-1 taken Fellaini off and put TC back in the hole behind Yak, with some fresh and (hopefully) willing legs in midfield, we just might have salvaged something.

Yeh I agree to some most of an extent. Instead I would have dropped Cahill into what was the Arteta role (get the ball down and get us passing), Rodwell in the Neville role (Break up play, with better passing) and Fellaini off the striker, where as he showed at the w/e he can be a real threat as he made one real run forward and he scores a great goal!?! He played off the striker last year most of the time and he was pretty damn affective (sp). Playing 4-5-1 doesnt have to be defensive like a lot of people tend to think it is (they werent complaining when we played 4-5-1 against Sunderland and won 7-1 or that wonder Osman goal against Larissa). It does however get defensive if the support striker doesnt stay far enough forward to actually support the striker, because we lose the ball too easily and it comes straight back at us. There is a fine balance to be struck but players such as Fellaini and Cahill have done it either last season or seasons before in Timmy's case.

We dont have any balance whatsoever in the midfield when we play 4-4-2. The defence has no cover, and the strikers get no real delivery or support. Anyone who has seen the last games should quite clearly be able to see this. You can blame the Fellaini's, the Jo's and the Cahill's but if they arent being played to their strengths then they arent going to play as well as they can. That doesnt however excuse the lack of effort in some cases of the aforementioned names and the team in generel but thats for another thread! ;)

Play to our strengths, go back to what we have done for the last 5/6 seasons to win games and when the confidence and the players come back we can start playing the flowing creative football we all want to see!

I'm not really bothered by the 3 losses in a week really, because quite honestly we could do without the Carling Cup and i think another point will see us through in the Europa cup, its like B N yankee said in the first post, we still have enough seasoned prem players who should have shaped up a lot better.

Allowing for the loss against the Arse (because on their day they can destroy anyone), what really bugs me is losing to the likes of Burnley, Fulham, and Bolton, and drawing at home to Stoke and Wolves ffs, we should be stuffing teams like that, even with a weakened side we still have HOWARD, HIBBERT, HEITINGA, DISTIN, CAHILL, FELLAINI, YAKUBU, JO, SAHA, RODWELL, and 1 or 2 fairly decent youngsters, How are we not beating teams like Burnley, Stoke, and Wolves.

If we had taken Maximum points out of those 3 games and a win against bolton or fulham, we would be in second place in the league with a game in hand, thats what bugs me, the fact that we havent played anybody of note since the arsenal game, and we should be in the top 4 at least.

There is an awfull lot of difficult games to come and unless there is a dramatic improvement we will struggle for the rest of the season.

Certainly no chance of a top 6 7 8 finish this season, i will be quite relieved if we can finish 10th.

If we had taken Maximum points out of those 3 games and a win against bolton or fulham, we would be in second place in the league with a game in hand, thats what bugs me, the fact that we havent played anybody of note since the arsenal game, and we should be in the top 4 at least.

There is an awfull lot of difficult games to come and unless there is a dramatic improvement we will struggle for the rest of the season.

Certainly no chance of a top 6 7 8 finish this season, i will be quite relieved if we can finish 10th.

This. I mean, ffs, our reserves should be pulling points from games against Fulham, Wolves, Burnley, and Stoke...not to mention a first team squad (even a severely depleted one)!! If we don't get a point from Villa this weekend, or even see a good Everton get beat I'm going to be really concerned Davey has lost the boys. I would like to see Yobo and Peanut back...that could be the difference in grit we need desperately.

I also agree that the Carling Cup loss isn't bad, I don't care for more games for reason, but after 2 losses it would have been nice to see the boys at least make a contest of it.

I'm not really bothered by the 3 losses in a week really, because quite honestly we could do without the Carling Cup and i think another point will see us through in the Europa cup, its like B N yankee said in the first post, we still have enough seasoned prem players who should have shaped up a lot better.

Allowing for the loss against the Arse (because on their day they can destroy anyone), what really bugs me is losing to the likes of Burnley, Fulham, and Bolton, and drawing at home to Stoke and Wolves ffs, we should be stuffing teams like that, even with a weakened side we still have HOWARD, HIBBERT, HEITINGA, DISTIN, CAHILL, FELLAINI, YAKUBU, JO, SAHA, RODWELL, and 1 or 2 fairly decent youngsters, How are we not beating teams like Burnley, Stoke, and Wolves.

Spot on - the Arsenal game excepted, we should have been licking our lips at the last eight fixtures, it's about as easy a run of games you're ever likely to get in the Premiership. Even with our injury list, we should be a minimum six points better off than we are now, we'd be sat nicely on the shoulders of the top teams, ready to make a charge once we start to get bodies back. Not to put to fine a point on it, we've fucked up big time. We're now gonna have to get results in a lot of very difficult games if we wanna get anywhere near the top six, and like Bill I don't reckon we look capable at the moment.