IGNORED

West Ham (Away)

iggy

... Tony can dream though. Tony can dream.

He doesn't need to dream though.....he's living it already :) .

Maybe not the Stevenesque genius of the flank, but he's put on the blue shirt nearly two hundred times and he's currently the fifth best Everton player this season according to the wise members of TT (none of whom will ever put the shirt on incidentally....except when they're asleep :( ).

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was certainly a hard fought win out there today and I agree with most peoples views on the game.

I thought it was a toss up between Joey and Heitinga for MOM. Both played well, got stuck in and did well.

Hibbert looked as though he was constantly out of position, not quite sure what he was doing at times and give him another 10 times to clear that ball off the line and I bet he does it.

Im not sure whether I should critise Cahill or not. He was crap, did very little, offered very little support for Baines BUT he was out of position. Hovever IMO he is a seasoned professional and should have done better.

I thought Felli had a good game. When he got some delivery he did well, won a lot of headers and some 50/50 balls. He looked nackered though IMO and should have come off at some point but I dont really know who for. In the second half he did seem to nick the ball off of the West Ham players when they were in good positions but he could certainly do with a rest, as could Rodwell.

Im also not really sure what to say about Gosling. He did very little especially going forward but did a score a goal.

Saha and Yakubu both did about as good as they could with what they were given. Yakubu still has that annoying trait of just watching the ball go over him or past him if its not played directly at him. However, he came on and created a decent chance. One of the main differences between these two and Jo, is that they have the confidence to get the ball into feet and try and take on their man. ATM Jo would try and pass it off, or half heartedly try and take his man on.

Overall it was a bad but gritty performance that did just about enough on the day. Now comes the international break and hopefully a couple of returning faces before the Man U game. Although I certainly wont be expecting a result there!