IGNORED

West Ham (Away)

iggy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match of the day!....Good finish by Saha and a decent goal for Gosling.Just about every thing else was West Ham!....don't know if that reflects what really happened today, but oh well 3 points.At the moment that's better than playing well and losing.

Thought Hibbert should have been able to hook that ball away, instead of into the roof of the net.

Match of the day!....Good finish by Saha and a decent goal for Gosling.Just about every thing else was West Ham!....don't know if that reflects what really happened today

Pretty much mate, far from a vintage performance not helped by that mong Wiley,imo we were lucky to get the 3 points (Not that I am complaining!) We were pretty poor for long periods, particularly in the second half when the 'ammers stepped it up. Last 30 minutes felt like the longest 1/2 hour of my life!

Was quite annoyed that every time their back 4 got the ball the whole team started backtracking and with the exception of Heitinga not closing anyone down, we also seemed to be going narrow at the back letting them get balls down the flank too much. but fark it, 3 very welcome and much needed points.

Howard- Very good performance from him yesterday.

Hibbert- Fairly quiet from him due to very little threat down the right hand side, if Zines was attacking down to right he would have had alot more joy. Own goal was silly but with the pace he was coming into the box i think it was very hard to do much else.

Yobo- His best performance for a very long time and my MOTM

Distin- Fairly solid but spooned a few clearances

Baines- He is starting to regain some sort of form and it was good to see one of our players always trying to get the ball moving forwards

Gosling- Still not up to scratch. He was in right place at right time for the goal but his all round play is still well off what is needed for a premier league footballer, in his defence he is young and playing in a makeshift squad, he still needs to step it up though.

Fellaini- Did ok. You could see that he was getting frustrated with the fact that everytime he went in for a challenge the referee adjudged it to be a foul.

Rodwell- The lad needs a rest and Scott Parker (who was brilliant today) pretty had the best of Rodwell all game. Heitinga cleaned up alot of is mistakes today, yo cold see he was tired and needs a rest, but until Neville gets back I cant see him getting one.

Heitinga- His best performance away from centre half. He was a beast today. More of the same please.

Cahill- Quiet again but I am hesitant to criticise him as he had been asked to play wide left. His close control was good today but he is not a left winger so brought little to the team

Saha- Scored a very good goal but did very little else, he had very little service though.

Yak/Neill- Both did very little when they came into the fray IMO. It was backs against the wall by the time they came in.

great win that! good record we got going against the hammers! good old super goose though :D

hibbert could have done better but it sliced he was unlucky i think!

And what's wrong with Fellaini when one of his teammates scores? He looks disappointed.

yeah ive noticed that just rubs his face and hangs his head all the time

Edited by marcopaulo

great win that! good record we got going against the hammers! good old super goose though :D

hibbert could have done better but it sliced he was unlucky i think!

yeah ive noticed that just rubs his face and hangs his head all the time

Maybe standard sold him to us, to do us over, thats why hes so slow ont he ball, and he never wins a challenge without leaning into the opposition and conceding free kicks ... haha!

Hard fought win that, im pleased, but we were lucky, i'd agree with most of what you said Jamie, but first half in partticular most of there attacks came down the right hand side, and i thought hibbert looked quite shaky, yobo cleared one or two for him too, and there was a particular time he tried to outmuscle a player on the line, and he lost out, which resulted in parker getting in the box and having a shot, i wasnt impressed with hibbert today and im running out of patience with his championship style defending, surely people agree? Were now moving on from the likes of having hibbert in a team, i know injuries etc ... Yeah it hought heitinga did well too, but i wouldnt say it was his best perfomance, i would have said that was against Villa the previous week, but each to there own. As we say, a hard fought victory, and one right at the international break, lets get back to it soon when we play Utd, and lets give em' a game! - Pienaar / Neville could be back for that i hear? Not sure about osman

i just read that Hibbo started life as a midfielder? in that case, can we not drop Gosling, put Neill in RB and push Tony up a bit? just a thought. im bored...

I think that shows. It's true though, he started out as a right mid, but the fact that he can defend but can't move a ball forwards to save his frigging life kind of put the breaks on his career as England's right wing meastro. Oh the things Hibbert could have seen and done if he knew how to score a goal, or pass a ball, or put in a dangerous cross, or beat a man... Tony can dream though. Tony can dream.

I think that shows. It's true though, he started out as a right mid, but the fact that he can defend but can't move a ball forwards to save his frigging life kind of put the breaks on his career as England's right wing meastro. Oh the things Hibbert could have seen and done if he knew how to score a goal, or pass a ball, or put in a dangerous cross, or beat a man... Tony can dream though. Tony can dream.

fair enough i suppose. but at least he has a bit of strength and can put a reasonable cross in... wait, let me just get the JCB to help me dig this hole...