IGNORED

Finally! Looks Like Aj Will Be Ours

1 of his best mates is suppose 2 b... james beattie, so thers a good reason why he might join us. hope we get him, i fink he is a class striker, would have took him the world cup instead of 1 of the midfeilders imo

He was one of Beatties Ushers at his wedding 3 weeks ago and i also heard a rumour that DM was attending do you really think the only thing that was mentioned was how big the cake was????

If we don't get him now it really is going to be a big kick in the teeth for our beloved club!!! Losing out to that RS tosser Paul Jewel would only make matters worse wouldn't it!! Come on Kenwright get the lads signature on that contract ASAP :rolleyes:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes 19, scored more goals in the championship and is a quicker player... havent we been saying all season we need pace upfront...AJ isnt slow but why spent 8.5 on 1 player who isnt worth it nor is he as proven as people make out wen u can get some1 for 2 or 3 with arguabley more promise and a brighter future. thts what i think.... looking at darren bent would you have rather have AJ than him? am sorry but bent last season was FAR better than AJ was in the premiership and cost charlton a couple of million..... my point being we're not the rich club that we once were therefore i believe we need to take cheaper and potentially as if not more promising risks than 1 expensive risk...weve already failed with beattie, and i doubt hell get any better, also faield with kroldrup

Why do we need to sign a 19 year old craccer?? Id rather have AJ whose scored and played really well in the prem before, you have to remember we also have Vaughan and Anichebe who are young we need someone with a bit of experience i think!! (just my point of view tho) B)

Edited by smeghead1

He was one of Beatties Ushers at his wedding 3 weeks ago and i also heard a rumour that DM was attending do you really think the only thing that was mentioned was how big the cake was????

If we don't get him now it really is going to be a big kick in the teeth for our beloved club!!! Losing out to that RS tosser Paul Jewel would only make matters worse wouldn't it!! Come on Kenwright get the lads signature on that contract ASAP  :rolleyes:

What they were talking about the size of Beattie's missus arse in her wedding dress? :o

Disgraceful behaviour :P

Why do we need to sign a 19 year old craccer?? Id rather have AJ whose scored and played really well in the prem before, you have to remember we also have Vaughan and Anichebe who are young we need someone with a bit of experience i think!! (just my point of view tho) B)

agreed on the experience front and id rather have Johnson but not at 8.5, its about the fee if we paid 5 or 6 id have been made up. i dnt want jerome for youth i jus thing thats a plus

u dnt get prem experience without bein given the chance, many have cost little and come up and done well..

also if we pay 8.5 if we ever decide to sell or he doesnt do well will we ever get near that...least if u get a youngster the value doesnt fall as much...chalrton took a risk and the benefits have been great for them...

but to summarise i want Johnson and would have him over jerome, i just think 8.5 is too much and therefore wud rather have another striekr like jerome for say 3 ... its about the money, and were not a club with a lot, i dnt think with our squad we can afford 1 player at that amount just yet

but to summarise i want Johnson and would have him over jerome, i just think 8.5 is too much and therefore wud rather have another striekr like jerome for say 3 ... its about the money, and were not a club with a lot, i dnt think with our squad we can afford 1 player at that amount just yet

The only problem you have is that Brum went in for Jerome and had a bid of 4.5 million knocked back!! I blame West Ham for the price of championship players going thru the roof by signing Ashton for 7.5 million for him being a hit!!! Don't you just absolutely hate other clubs success hahaha :lol:

Another good omen lads is, going back to our finest season and our 4th placed finish, we had all of our transfers done and dusted within 6 weeks of the season ending! Cahill and Bent were both present from the beggining of pre-season training.

That never happened last season and look at the start we made!!! Im really hoping we get everyone we want signed early and bedded in so we can really show what were capable of next season :lol:

Just a thought lads remember last year when we hung out and got Arteta for 1.5 million less than Sociedad wanted, do you think this maybe de-jar-vue with Ferrari?? I wouldn't be surprised DM is a canny tight-fisted Scotsman after all :lol:

:lol:

Its a good strategy when it works, but most clubs are more stubborn and will find a club to give them best deal

Didn't Ferrari say he would've liked his loan deal extending for another year aswell?? Theres no rush where he's concerned either as he's already been at the club and settled. I maybe way way if the mark here but its just a niggling little thought that won't go away!! We'l see won't we and when im wrong you can all tear me to shreds :rolleyes:

I said the day the season finished that AJ will be an Everton player come the kick off of next season. and I still stand by it. All the signs point at AJ coming to Goodison.

- plenty of rumours we are his prefered option,

- Beatties good mate

- As soon as Wigan bid £8.5m, Rumours say he said he didn't want to go there,

- Palace have accepted a £8.5m Everton bid, although our bid is said to include part of the payments based on AJ's performance in a blue shirt

I don't think he will be on £40,000 a week either. I would guess he would be on similar money to Beattie.

I am disapointed that we are going to have to cough up £8.5m, but if part of the payments are based on performence then can't complain to much.

I think he will get goals next season - decent chap as well from all accounts