IGNORED

World Cup Play-Offs

See New Zealand qualified last night. Congrats to them.

Who do you think will win the Euro play-offs?

Greece v Ukraine

Portugal v Bosnia-Hercegovina

Rep of Ireland v France

Russia v Slovenia

Ukraine, Portugal, France and Russia for me....though I'd like to be wrong on the first three :) .

Bily just scored a very nice goal :)

1-0

BBC "Russia take the lead against Slovenia through a fabulous goal from Everton winger Diniyar Bilyaletdinov - only his third international goal. Billy picks up Roman Pavlyuchenko's pass and beats two defenders with a sensational turn before smashing the shot right-footed into the top corner.

That's more defenders beaten than in his whole Everton career so far unless I'm mistaken :mellow: .

Fellaini scores for Belgium.

very good goal too .. got the ball in the box, turned and kicked it in the top right corner.

apart from that he had a really good game.. was taken out of the game after 88 minutes to loud applause.

Seems a lot of Everton players scored, hope it carries over to the prem.

We were fucking robbed. Complete clear hand ball. And we had absolutely destroyed them.

Devastated.

I feel for you mate, these things make me sick.

again a case that raises the question.. why not use technology

And you can be sure things like this will happen and will ruin another WC.

heres a youtube vid with the goal btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-43CCEuoEKY&feature=player_embedded

That is a complete and utter travesty. If ever a game should be replayed then that should. If that's not possible then France should be thrown out otherwise it just sends the message that cheating pays...Henry up there with Maradonna for ever.

There are precedents for games being replayed in the past under such circumstances (Arsenal/Sheff United FA Cup 1999), maybe not world cup games but I certainly think the Irish should push for it and the French should be big enough not to object (like Arsenal didn't).

Any respect I had for Henry has gone out of the window. Total cheating of the highest order. By his manner at the end, when he was sitting next to Dunne on the pitch, you could see he was embarrased by what he had done BUT nothing will come of it. A major fault of players for me today is that they will moan and grip and whinge about decisions that referees have made but then will blatantly cheat like that. They can't have it both ways. UEFA tried to ban Eduardo for his dive against Celtic but for me this offence was worse. :angry:

p.s two players where offside from the first ball anyway and where active.

Is there any other job/competition/test where if you cheat, get away with it at the time but then get found out there are no repercussions and you're still free to benefit from it? I can't think of one.

It's completely absurd to me that this has been accepted as a done deal. It's not like when England played Argentina in '86 when there were only a few days before the semi....there are seven months before the finals for this to be put right. Devalues the whole competition for me :angry: .

Any respect I had for Henry has gone out of the window. Total cheating of the highest order. By his manner at the end, when he was sitting next to Dunne on the pitch, you could see he was embarrased by what he had done BUT nothing will come of it. A major fault of players for me today is that they will moan and grip and whinge about decisions that referees have made but then will blatantly cheat like that. They can't have it both ways. UEFA tried to ban Eduardo for his dive against Celtic but for me this offence was worse. :angry:

p.s two players where offside from the first ball anyway and where active.

I blame a few people for this but not Thierry Henry. I could imagine doing the same as him in the heath of the moment.

Is there any other job/competition/test where if you cheat, get away with it at the time but then get found out there are no repercussions and you're still free to benefit from it? I can't think of one.

It's completely absurd to me that this has been accepted as a done deal. It's not like when England played Argentina in '86 when there were only a few days before the semi....there are seven months before the finals for this to be put right. Devalues the whole competition for me :angry: .

Totally agree Mike.Uefa and Fifa should make a dual stance now and make the match void and replay it with Henry banned.As we all know this wont happen because of the shite that is in charge of football matters are spineless b'stards. :angry:

Wow some of the reactions are way out of proportion (here, in the Irish and UK press, and that douche Keane).. the fact that they're French is irrelevant, maybe some should come up with derogatory terms about the Swedes seeing how the ref was from there.. Good luck with that.

Anyway, a replay seems fair to me. France should request one as well. After all if you can't beat Ireland fair and square you shouldn't be going to the WC, not much you'll be able to do there against the better teams.

Better teams? That was the best performance I've seen all season from any side, club or country. Sheer passion and work-rate that I haven't seen since Holland in 2001 or whenever.

Still absolutely gutted. I used to like Henry, but that was blatant cheating. It hits him once, then he taps it again to control it and keep it in. If the replay isn't granted then I'll have completely lost my faith in FIFA.

There's no RefCam so it's impossible to know whether or not the ref and linesman had a clear view but if there was ever a more obvious example of why football needs a Television Match Official it was the 11 Irishmen on that pitch who cried their eyes out at the sheer travesty of it all.

My FA Cup disappointment has nothing on this.