IGNORED

Klass Jan Huntelaar

Everton's hopes of landing Klaas-Jan Huntelaar on loan faded last night when AC Milan blocked his departure.

He had been keen to join David Moyes' side for the rest of the season after failing to settle in Italy.

But Dutch striker Huntelaar appeared as a substitute in Milan's 2-0 derby defeat by Inter on Sunday and is unlikely to be allowed to leave.

That's from the OS "What The Papers Say" section. Apparently printed in the Daily Mail.

If we could pull this off the board would deserve a pat on the back.

Second that dude, and there was me thinking we only look at has beens for loanees! The prospect of Everton trying to bring in Huntelaar and attempting to bring Ben Arfa in, shows the board are trying to get the best options but for little outlay, I for one am not critisising that!!! Keep going boys, 1 week left :D

That's from the OS "What The Papers Say" section. Apparently printed in the Daily Mail.

Everton's hopes of landing Klaas-Jan Huntelaar on loan faded last night when AC Milan blocked his departure.

He had been keen to join David Moyes' side for the rest of the season after failing to settle in Italy.

But Dutch striker Huntelaar appeared as a substitute in Milan's 2-0 derby defeat by Inter on Sunday and is unlikely to be allowed to leave.

This is the Clubs way of sub conciously telling Evertonians to not hold their breath! They're trying but whether it comes off, we don't know. We hope!

Never seen this guy play so I've got no right to be excited by the prospect.

But I am.

Its a "name" and so much more exciting than buying defenders!

Its especially exciting if it upset's the shite.

They would be gutted if we got someone of Huntelaars calibre in. Even more fuel to their fire eh haha!

All we've got to hope for is that Johnny has been impressed with his time here already, and puts in a good word. In theory as Louis pointed out, they all have Ajax in common, Johnny and Huntelaar as internationals and if they can strike something there, it'll be awesome. I won't hold my breath for signing him but i'd love it to happen, and love it even more if he signs, adapts really well and we pay the £6m 'first to buy' clause that was installed with the loan hahaha. :lol:

I think this one seems to be fading into nothing. DailyMail now reporting that Arsenal are looking to swoop for him. I know I read somewhere that Wenger had already denied any interest in him earlier this month. But still, for me, I don't think this one has any legs for us, or at least, any legs it does have are getting shorter and shorter.

Link

btw.. it states in the article that his wages are 65 Grand/week - well over our budget.

Edited by wallwriter

I would be AMAZED if we got him but he is leaving to get first team football. He won't be gaurenteed that at Arsenal, Spurs etc but surely would with us.

According to SSN Wenger has ruled himself out of signing him... I would love to see him come to the club, at least just to see what he is like. If it doesnt work, then so be it but Im glad Moyes and the board are looking at this calibre of player rather than the Nugents and Piquionnes.