IGNORED

Klass Jan Huntelaar

if you look at his goals to games ratio, i wouldn't consider him a failure in spain. 8 goals in 20 appearances. hell of a lot better than jo

Ok then, lets look at Jo's goal scoring record - Jô scored 14 goals in his first 18 appearances for CSKA Moscow. Following season, scored 30 league goals in 53 appearances.

As much as i'd love Huntelaar here, a) i can't see it happening and b ) He's struggling in Italy and he has far more time on the ball, and can't score. I admitt, watching three games of AC's this season, he's only been used as a bit part player, scored a class goal against Catania (didn't see his first, making a brew, replays looked a tap-in) but he squandered a few good chances and was unlucky with keepers being awesome!!

So i'd like him here, will he adapt? i don't know. Get Johnny H on the phone ;)

Edited by tenaciousj

Ok then, lets look at Jo's goal scoring record - Jô scored 14 goals in his first 18 appearances for CSKA Moscow. Following season, scored 30 league goals in 53 appearances.

As much as i'd love Huntelaar here, a) i can't see it happening and b ) He's struggling in Italy and he has far more time on the ball, and can't score. I admitt, watching three games of AC's this season, he's only been used as a bit part player, scored a class goal against Catania (didn't see his first, making a brew, replays looked a tap-in) but he squandered a few good chances and was unlucky with keepers being awesome!!

i just meant he wasn't exactly a failure during his time in spain. thought he was just an unlucky casualty of the new regime at madrid. and besides, we've had quite a few players that have struggled in other countries or at least haven't done brilliantly there but have done well with us in england. pienaar? arteta? heitinga

You need to reference all this stuff in question a few more times (or thoroughly once), not like a single match is a deciding factor, but neither goal was a tap in, nor were they easy by any means. I really wouldn't use the word struggle to categorize his time in Italy, I'd call it Boriello being awesome right now and Ronaldihno bangin in hat tricks and braces at will. Just like you said, he's been used as a bit player, so what does that prove? Selection dilemma or lack of talent?

You need to reference all this stuff in question a few more times (or thoroughly once), not like a single match is a deciding factor, but neither goal was a tap in, nor were they easy by any means. I really wouldn't use the word struggle to categorize his time in Italy, I'd call it Boriello being awesome right now and Ronaldihno bangin in hat tricks and braces at will. Just like you said, he's been used as a bit player, so what does that prove? Selection dilemma or lack of talent?

Ooooh i do apologise Wolfy! I have a tendacy to do that, even when i give training to my volunteers and staff, my mind thinks of 5 things and tries to sum it up in one way. Answer a few of your points:

I meant unsuccessful due to the lack of playing time

I watch a fair bit of football when i can, so i apologise if i've confused one of his goals with someone elses. I know one was awesome form the edge of the area (half volley i think?) and then what was the second...was it the dinky-esque shot or another driver? Either way.

My point was, he has more time in Italy to do (whichever) the above and i personaly feel that if he came here, he would struggle with the pace. Great finisher i agree. and i would like Huntelaar here, never said i wouldn't. I only (tried to) questioned his ability to adapt?

I do like the way though, your tone suggests that you feel i don't know what im talking about and jumping on some sort of 'hype' wagon. As i can assure you, i very much speak for myself and will happily opinionate my own thoughts.

Would this suggest we have some money to spend?

Moyes admits his side are suffering from a lack of killer instinct, and that as a result he would contemplate a temporary move for AC Milan striker Klass-Jan Huntelaar.

“I don’t talk about players at other clubs but if Huntelaar is available I would be interested,” he said. “I think we are lacking firepower at this time.

“We are creating a lot of chances but not finishing games off like I think we should.”

“We are creating a lot of chances but not finishing games off like I think we should.”

Doesn't matter about funds, this is exactly why we need to move in for him. We should have won the Birmingham match, same as many others this season but we didn't have a finisher when it mattered.