IGNORED

Wigan Ath (away)

Bill

It wasn't live on TV here :(.

So I bit the bullet and subscribed to evertonTV, figured it'd be handy over the coming year and the AUD-GBP is good atm.. so I laid in bed and listened to their radio stream, the game offered little excitement and so inevitably I dozed off into a stupor... when the commentator screamed Cahill it woke me up with a start, my heart went beserk lol.

The commentator said Senderos had put in a class performance and was motm contention.

Interesting that on EvertonTV the microphones don't turn off at half time and you hear the commentator fiddling about with papers, calling to studio and generally making noises that you feel you shouldn't be hearing!

A delayed telecast of the game will air here in a few hours and I'm going to watch it tomorrow evening.. well, in truth i'll have the fast forward button pegged..

Nice bit from the beeb report...

Everton's win, which extended their unbeaten league run to nine games, offered further evidence that their miserable start to the campaign is now very much a thing of the past.

Solid in every department, they showed enough quality to make it scarcely credible that they were only two points clear of the relegation zone as recently as early December.

Ninth in the table with high-flying Birmingham firmly in their sights, the Toffees, on this evidence, are only a minor injection of creativity away from their very best.

Everton boss David Moyes will doubtless be hoping that Mikel Arteta, returning from long-term injury but absent here with a groin strain, can provide that additional impetus.

But then again he also said this in the same report....so he might not be the most reliable witness :unsure: .

"The Latics arrived on Merseyside with the odd record of having lost every other league game since a 4-0 defeat by Portsmouth in late October..."

Nice to see Wigan are graceful losers :unsure: .

A typical Toffee performance at the DW Stadium. Despite being second best for large periods of the game, David Moyes' side came away with the three points. Not content with suffocating the life out of the game, the Toffess kept the pillow held firmly over Latics faces as they suffocated all three points of a Wigan team that is exciting to watch.

Being an Everton supporter must be exciting on the one hand because they have a decent points total and have experienced European football.

On the other hand though it must be one of the most boring past times available to man. Two solid banks of four supplying two dangerous strikers, Moyes has his team set up perfectly for the modern day game.

They suffocate the play to a level where the game is all but lifeless and hope they are capable of nabbing a winning goal. Successful, yes, but oh dear me it is dull to watch.

Give me Roberto Martinez and his total football anyday.

Fair enough :mellow: .

http://www.wiganer.net/feat/ed62/everton_reaction_dull_scousers_take_three_points_489783/index.shtml

Nice to see Wigan are graceful losers :unsure: .

Fair enough :mellow: .

http://www.wiganer.net/feat/ed62/everton_reaction_dull_scousers_take_three_points_489783/index.shtml

And the vast amount of empty seats at the DW Stadium is presumably because it is taking a little time for word to get out that Wigan under Martinez is like Ajax or Brazil of the 1970's.