IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

1. Not I didn't, I said his importance to the team wasn't recognised hence why he was sold. I obviously wasn't talking about his commercial business in being recognised.2. Definitely not under rated...... Clearly he was the President of Real Madrid sold him and statedWe will not miss Makélelé. His technique is average; he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasnt a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makélelé to be forgotten Read Madrid president Florentino Perez commented about Claude Makelele after his departure from Bernabeu to Chelsea FC in the summer of 2003.How much more proof do you need he wasn't rated at the time!!!When he left he was then missed and then suddenly Real recognised his importance to the side much like you would be if we were to lose McCarthy.

Mate I've read your quote from Perez 3 times over and I take it with a pinch of salt. For someone so underrated he managed to get £17m for him. Now I don't knw where inflation is now but at the end of the day that £17m will probably be considerably more than it was back then. You say McCarthy was bought for £13m 10 years on. I'd say add another £10m to that with inflation for what Makelele was bought for. Probably around £22m

Edited by MiguelCotto

Guest blueboy122

You said he wasn't recognised mate. Any player at Madrid is recognised. We're talking about the most successful team in the whole of Europe. Not fourth successful in England...(as you've just countered).

Makelele was sold for £17m in 2003. McCarthy was bought for £13m 10 years on. Huge difference mate we are talking about a whole other level of player than McCarthy. He is not even close to Malelele level and that's whys he's not playing for a Real Madrid.

The Perez thing... He's a chairman FFS look how highly he was rated by his team mates rather than the owner. If they'd let him go for £2m I'd agree with you they got a massive fee. Definitely not underrated.

I said he wasn't valued in there team.

'Fucking read lad'

What???? Makalele wasn't recognised until he retired. Ya not havin that mate. He played for Real Madrid and even had the position named after him (whilst he was playing)

Club president Florentino Pérez infamously poured scorn on Makélelé's footballing abilities and proclaimed that Makélelé would not be missed:

We will not miss Makélelé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makélelé to be forgotten.[7]

"Makalele is a great example of a playing going under the radar and not receiving international recognition it's only when he was out of the team and retired that people realised how good a player he really was."

That is not saying he wasn't valued by the team.

Guest blueboy122

Mate I've read your quote from Perez 3 times over and I take it with a pinch of salt. For someone so underrated he managed to get £17m for him. Now I don't knw where inflation is now but at the end of the day that £17m will probably be considerably more than it was back then. You say McCarthy was bought for £13m 10 years on. I'd say add another £10m to that with inflation for what Makelele was bought for.

Doesn't matter what the transfer fee, that's called business not importance of a player in a team.

Stop talking about transfer fees it means fuck all!

Real Madrid sold him because they didn't value him. Like you don't McCarthy. Chelsea did thats why he was bought. Everton value McCarthy that's why we bought him.

Club president Florentino Pérez infamously poured scorn on Makélelé's footballing abilities and proclaimed that Makélelé would not be missed:“ We will not miss Makélelé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makélelé to be forgotten.[7]

Yes??!

Club president Florentino Pérez infamously poured scorn on Makélelé's footballing abilities and proclaimed that Makélelé would not be missed:

We will not miss Makélelé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makélelé to be forgotten.[7]

Mate I've read your quote from Perez 3 times over and I take it with a pinch of salt. For someone so underrated he managed to get £17m for him. Now I don't knw where inflation is now but at the end of the day that £17m will probably be considerably more than it was back then. You say McCarthy was bought for £13m 10 years on. I'd say add another £10m to that with inflation for what Makelele was bought for. Probably around £22m

cheers Haf needed that :lol:

If only he would read my question 3 times over, the one related to McCarthy, maybe I'd get an answer....

Guest blueboy122

"Makalele is a great example of a playing going under the radar and not receiving international recognition it's only when he was out of the team and retired that people realised how good a player he really was."

That is not saying he wasn't valued by the team.

His work in a match went under the radar clearly as he was sold with Perez saying what he said.

I think you struggle with basic comprehension.

Guest blueboy122

Louis is that you :)

His work in a match went under the radar clearly as he was sold with Perez saying what he said.I think you struggle with basic comprehension.

I'm not mate you just aren't coming to terms with the way you constructed that sentence. You basically said he didn't get recognition until he was injured & retired. He retired in 2011 for a start. The role was named after him whilst he was at Chelsea. He got his recognition by signing for the biggest club inEurope and playing. It's not as though he wasn't getting plaudits until he was injured or retired. That's the point.

Guest blueboy122

Am sure Makalele was hugely admired and rated by his Real Madrid team mates just like McCarthy will be rated by our players.

It's the more simple footballing brains like Cottos and obviously Perez's that don't value these players because they don't score screamers or Cryuff turn opponents every week.

I'm not mate you just aren't coming to terms with the way you constructed that sentence. You basically said he didn't get recognition until he was injured & retired. He retired in 2011 for a start. The role was named after him whilst he was at Chelsea. He got his recognition by signing for the biggest club inEurope and playing. It's not as though he wasn't getting plaudits until he was injured or retired. That's the point.

:rofl:

wow, that got me crying with laughter!

Am sure Makalele was hugely admired and rated by his Real Madrid team mates just like McCarthy will be rated by our players.It's the more simple footballing brains like Cottos and obviously Perez's that don't value these players because they don't score screamers or Cryuff turn opponents every week.

To be fair mate, putting McCarthy next to Makelele at the moment is embarrassing. He's nowhere near that level and if he ever gets there he'll end up going somewhere like Madrid.

It's like putting a Ferrari next to an Audi at the moment on both the player level and club levels.

Guest blueboy122

He wasn't valued by Real Madrid so they sold him.

Real Madrid realised how important he was when he wasn't there to allow other player to go forward and not worry about defensive duties and also when he wasn't there to break up the oppositions attacks.

Why is it so hard to understand?

Guest blueboy122

To be fair mate, putting McCarthy next to Makelele at the moment is embarrassing. He's nowhere near that level and if he ever gets there he'll end up going somewhere like Madrid.

It's like putting a Ferrari next to an Audi at the moment on both the player level and club levels.

Are you pissed?

When has anyone ever said McCarthy is as good as Makalele?

The Makalele case is used to highlight how players in their position sometimes aren't valued.

Makalele wasn't valued by Perez and was sold stating he wouldn't be missed

You don't rate McCarthy.

When has anyone compared the two's footballing ability,

He wasn't valued by Real Madrid so they sold him.Real Madrid realised how important he was when he wasn't there to allow other player to go forward and not worry about defensive duties and also when he wasn't there to break up the oppositions attacks.Why is it so hard to understand?

You're trying to speak for the whole of Real Madrid there via a quote from their Chairman. Just because he thought that doesn't mean others did.

At the end of the day you said he was recognised until he was injured or retired. He was recognised well before that and that's why Chelsea paid that type of fee for a DM over 10 years ago. He's been recognised for years.

Are you pissed?When has anyone ever said McCarthy is as good as Makalele?The Makalele case is used to highlight how players in their position sometimes aren't valued.Makalele wasn't valued by Perez and was sold stating he wouldn't be missedYou don't rate McCarthy.When has anyone compared the two's footballing ability,

You've brought him into it mate nobody else.

Just nipped out for a haircut and missed the majority of this...

a few points:-

• Not appreciating a player like McCarthy shows a little bit of ignorance or lack or understanding. The same happened with Chelsea - Frank Lampard won player of the year two years on the trot with Makelele arguably being the one who gave him the foundation to grab the headlines. At the end of the years lampards 20 yarders stick in the mind, not the steady week in week out perfromances.
  • I would sooner trust a toffeetalk player of the year which is indexed and tallied after each game versus a quick pulse check at the end of the year. The toffeetalk table does not lie! 10 year old kids love seamus, he runs with the ball and scored a few goals. I look at the man who gave him license to do that.

Just nipped out for a haircut and missed the majority of this... a few points:-

• Not appreciating a player like McCarthy shows a little bit of ignorance or lack or understanding. The same happened with Chelsea - Frank Lampard won player of the year two years on the trot with Makelele arguably being the one who gave him the foundation to grab the headlines. At the end of the years lampards 20 yarders stick in the mind, not the steady week in week out perfromances.
  • I would sooner trust a toffeetalk player of the year which is indexed and tallied after each game versus a quick pulse check at the end of the year. The toffeetalk table does not lie! 10 year old kids love seamus, he runs with the ball and scored a few goals. I look at the man who gave him license to do that.
Ok again. Another nudge towards McCarthy being the reason of Coleman's success. Coleman was bombing forward under Moyes the previous season mate. Remember Spurs at home a couple of seasons before that too. Coleman has always had licence to go forward why not give the credit where it's due and just accept the lads improved by his own merit.

Toffee talks MOM votes gets around 30 votes per game. Let's be honest that's a tiny audience. Again trying to take the shine off Coleman's award. As though it shouldn't be his.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Ok again. Another nudge towards McCarthy being the reason of Coleman's success. Coleman was bombing forward under Moyes the previous season mate. Remember Spurs at home a couple of seasons before that too. Coleman has always had licence to go forward why not give the credit where it's due and just accept the lads improved by his own merit.

:rofl: Seriously, people are looking over to see if Im ok... Contradiction after contradiction, mistake after mistake. Just to shoot this argument down completely :

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9319910/premier-league-everton-full-back-seamus-coleman-hails-james-mccarthys-role

Everton full-back Seamus Coleman insists he would not be able to play the attacking role he does without team-mate James McCarthy there to cover for him.

Think I said something along the lines of:

Barry was a revelation alongside the quicker, hungrier McCarthy.

Barkley was allowed licence to roam and express himself because McCarthy was there (alongside Barry) to clear up his messes

Coleman was able to get forward more because he had cover from McCarthy, who (like Barry with Baines) covered the RB area during an attack.

The point is that McCarthy was instrumental, truly a lynch pin and deserves just as much, if not more, recognition as those you mentioned. He was my player of the year for exactly the reasons mentioned above and more.

Which Haf has mentioned many times.

getmecoat.gif

Toffee talks MOM votes gets around 30 votes per game. Let's be honest that's a tiny audience. Again trying to take the shine off Coleman's award. As though it shouldn't be his.

I think you need to grow up in all honesty, now "McCarthy is the reason for Colemans success" - I didn't say that either. Start posting credible posts and stop making things up.

I said I look to the player who gives him license to do what he does.

name="Matt" post="411209" timestamp="1403792077"]

:rofl: Seriously, people are looking over to see if Im ok... Contradiction after contradiction, mistake after mistake. Just to shoot this argument down completely : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9319910/premier-league-everton-full-back-seamus-coleman-hails-james-mccarthys-role Think I said something along the lines of: Which Haf has mentioned many times. getmecoat.gif

Whether you like it or not Coleman has ALWAYS been an attacking RB. He was getting forward before McCarthy was even at the club.

The quote from Coleman about McCarthy letting him get forward proves nothing but players positioning. When we attack and has no bearing on his ability at all. All he's saying there is McCarthy drops in for me when I go forward. He's not the only DM who does that.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Haf do you want to take over.Next shift to educate Cotto starts 6pm any takers?

Wind it in sausage.

I can see what McCarthy does. But I don't think he's the only fella out there who can do it. Hence why I don't rate him as highly as others.

Whether you like it or not Coleman has ALWAYS been an attacking RB. He was getting forward before McCarthy was even at the club.

The quote from Coleman about McCarthy letting him get forward proves nothing but players positioning. When we attack and has no bearing on his ability at all. All he's saying there is McCarthy drops in for me when I go forward. He's not the only DM who does that.

For the love of all that is holy, are you genuinely carrying this on?

No one is arguing that Coleman is an attacking RB!!! You did not see the importance McCarthy brings, stating Coleman as a better player. We are pointing out that Coleman was allowed to thrive because of McCarthy - INSTRUMENTAL even, you could say - which is what Coleman has said himself:

"I feel comfortable in the right-back position now and thankfully I have got James in midfield who, when I do bomb on, covers brilliantly for me.
"Without him I probably wouldn't have been doing as many forward runs in games as I have done because I can trust him to cover for me. He has been brilliant doing that all season."

Also, noone is saying he is the only one who does that. I pointed out that Barry does the same for Baines. No one is saying hes a world beater either.

What we are saying is that the team is better because of him and his abilities, one key one is allowing others to flourish, which is why he's our most important player.

Edited by Matt

The argument is shite though Matt because every player on the pitch complements eachother..... Not just McCarthy.

Your argument is like saying Jagielka deserves more plaudits because he covers for McCarthy..... It's exactly that.

He's getting too much plaudits for me. There is better players at this club.

Edited by MiguelCotto