IGNORED

Evertons Most Important Player

Its Tim Cahill. Any half smart fan can see this. Clear as daylight. Arteta is good, but hes not a finished match winning product. Well not consistently enough, as Tim has been over the past few seasons.

would have to say that any half smart fan would say cahill wasn't, if it wasn't for his goals he'd be useless as he's an average footballer. ontop of that, he's not been consistently good for over a season, so seens as the title isnt evertons most important player 2 years ago, i'd have to disagree

Its Tim Cahill. Any half smart fan can see this. Clear as daylight. Arteta is good, but hes not a finished match winning product. Well not consistently enough, as Tim has been over the past few seasons.

im going home, will leave the others to correct this silly statement....

OMG he's back, back again...oh how the good times roll...*Cracks his knuckles* So let me get this straight you (EvertonToffees) are claiming Cahill is Evertons most important player and that anyone who disagrees is a half smart fan? Well that would be a Goodison Park filled stadium full of half smart fans, we love being thick as shit because what we know and how we decide who the most important player at Everton is; is usually down to first hand observations on performances. You are probably one of those who doesnt regularly watch the games first hand, I on the other hand do and i can tell you straight up (only to echo what Craccer's said) bar his goals, technically; Cahill really isnt that briliant andhis all round game is average. Don't get me wrong Cahill has th grit, determination and 'bullying' ability that helps the Everton team win alot of games...however he rarely puts a beauiful curveasious ball into the box, rarely puts a through ball in so accurate I could shot a pea off of your bellend and thirdly cannot score with his feet ;)

So if you want to argue this point...feel free but if you want one of the other guys on here to break down the different aspects in comparison of both Arteta and Cahill, as complete footballers, im sure one of them will :)

surely EvertonToffees has a point!

The question was who is Evertons most important player.....not who is Evertons best player.Cahill may not have been at his best this season, and he's missed chuncks of others with injuries (not really his fault), but consistantly over the past few seasons whilst in his favoured position and the right striker he has probably been our most important player as so much revolved around what he did and how he played.

Sure away from his best position he's not that great, but Arteta and Pienaar both play better in certain positions as do most players.

Most recently, our last match infact Cahill proved to be our most important player, some might say not our best and that might be true, but he WAS the most important player on the night, pushed only by Howard.

Over the last five years (sure he's had his dips in form, who hasn't), but he's right up there with Arteta, Pienaar and Jagielka.Out of those four I'd say at the moment Pienaar is the best player, going on form recently, but Most important!.....when in the right position and on form, maybe that's Cahill.

Take him away from behind the striker and revert him to a midfield role and his importance to the team disappears.

Evertons most "important" player.....was always going to be difficult question to answer.

Not a huge surprise who EvertonToffes thought fitted the bill!....but maybe he's not too far out.

Unless his overall form improves and he stays lucky with injuries then he surly wont be in the running for that title much longer.With possibly Fellaini coming in with a shout alongside Arteta and Piennar.

must agree as much as toffees irritates a million shades of shite out of me you can't just ignore what he is saying on this one...you said cahill wins games for us with his grit and that and also he is useless apart from his goals? he chases back runs around and makes a pest of himself and scores some vital goals...a beautiful curvaceous ball into the box is no good without someone on the end of it ;) i think there are cases for arteta and cahill but you cant just throw toffees opinion away like that even though he was a bit of a c u next tuesday about it :lol: as said above..most important not the best! cahill is in the bottom 10% of players in the league easily on technical ability etc...but he has that thing about him that cannot be taught he just knows where to be and also the way he times his headers i have never seen anyone better in the air..not even big dunc! im torn between arteta and cahill both bring summat massively important to this team and can both win matches as i have said earlier in this thread...as for pienaar he is great and i love him but he isn't a match winner and we struggle more without arteta rather than pienaar

Edited by marcopaulo

Ok point taken. But one question:

When on top top form, and only able to choose one - Cahill? or Arteta?

as i said i cant choose...arteta will make you the chances but cahill will score them...can we not breed them and i will choose the offspring :lol:

i mean look at the blackburn game we look so much better with arteta in that team i dont think that is a question but cahill gets 15 or so a season from midfield an amount arteta wont ever get even with pens and free kicks...its just too close for me to call as they are too different and both as important id say...

TONY HIBBERT FTW! :lol:

10-15 i meant to say. he is on 12 this season and ok maybe i am placing the bar high but he seems to change between 1 in 3 games and 1 in 4 games season by season so 15 is very possible...using that is there another midfielder we have that can do that over a season? maybe arteta with his free kicks and penalties yeah but i am talking about from set pieces being crossed in etc..i think he is just as important over a season as arteta is and we would miss his goals, not just the amount but the importance too!

i'm still not sure i mean could we find someone else in that midfield to score 10-15 a season?

and yes i know arteta scores aswell but not as many as cahill and not the same type of goals..

I think Arteta is more important because he scores as well as creates, whereas Cahill is pretty useless unless he's scoring.

I respect your opinion dude, i wasnt questioning that, i completely agree with what you say about Cahill, i love Cahill. But in terms of importance i think Arteta shades it...and using someones argument before about ability not defining the most important player. On that argument, Phil Neville has bought exceptional leadership qualities to our team and helps keep the squad focused, is that then more important? Or what about Howard, if he ever got injured, we'd been fecked lol