IGNORED

David Bentley

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, a mod not sticking to the rules...? there's a suprise :lol:

He's not a mod though....he's the Lord of all he surveys, a benevolent dictator who must be believed and obeyed (why is there no stifled guffaw smiley :mellow: ?).

Having said that going on track record it's likely to be accurate :) .

never understood the hype around bentley, Pienaar is twice the player.

bit harsh on bentley IMO...he doesn't work as hard as pienaar but i think he has a much better shot and delivery than pienaar does..pienaar has too much graft and not enough end product at times for me..

bit harsh on bentley IMO...he doesn't work as hard as pienaar but i think he has a much better shot and delivery than pienaar does..pienaar has too much graft and not enough end product at times for me..

This. Bentley's a cracking player and you're pretty much guaranteed to get a lot more assists out of him than you get from Pienaar.

he must really have impressed you guys when he was warming up on the sidelines with the Spurs bench for the last couple of seasons, he was a very effective ballboy.... Or maybe youre remembering him play for Blackburn, in which he looked really good because the rest of the squad was crap.

Gun to head, which one do you choose?

he must really have impressed you guys when he was warming up on the sidelines with the Spurs bench for the last couple of seasons, he was a very effective ballboy.... Or maybe youre remembering him play for Blackburn, in which he looked really good because the rest of the squad was crap.

Gun to head, which one do you choose?

they weren't that bad...and bentley has done a good job when he's played for spurs as well, he's just behind lennon and who wouldn't have lennon? he's a good player

he must really have impressed you guys when he was warming up on the sidelines with the Spurs bench for the last couple of seasons, he was a very effective ballboy.... Or maybe youre remembering him play for Blackburn, in which he looked really good because the rest of the squad was crap. Gun to head, which one do you choose?

Good crosses look good no matter what players he has around him.

Good crosses look good no matter what players he has around him.

a fair point. But we have Arteta and Baines for decent crosses (though only if we're talking set pieces), if thats the only bit of his game you have to argue with. Plus, i bet his wages are as overinflated as his ego. If we are going to have to replace Peanuts, i want someone better than Bentley.

a fair point. But we have Arteta and Baines for decent crosses (though only if we're talking set pieces), if thats the only bit of his game you have to argue with. Plus, i bet his wages are as overinflated as his ego. If we are going to have to replace Peanuts, i want someone better than Bentley.

The pair of them have been crossing poorly, Baines for all of last season and Arteta's set pieces weren't up to much once he returned either. Bentley's delivery is excellent and he is an excellent player IMO, but you're probably right about his wages which will mean we have no chance of getting him.

For all of Pienaar's work ethic he doesn't have much of an end product and it's the end product that really matters at the highest level. Bentley has the end product but needs to improve his work ethic (he's not lazy, but hardly a worker either).

centre mid and left back...baines crossign has been average...arteta won't be crossing much fro mthe middle...we need midfielders who can put a good ball in from the byline

centre mid and left back...baines crossign has been average...arteta won't be crossing much fro mthe middle...we need midfielders who can put a good ball in from the byline

which is why i pointed out that i was talkin about set pieces. We dont get much from the right anyway (hopefully that will change next season with Coleman in RB and/or a right winger being signed) and most of our crosses from the left are Baines (on the overlap nearly all the time or Pienaar).