IGNORED

Liverpool Strengthening Squad

well looks like they're another club who can spend X amount on players and leaves us behind in the dirt, fair to say we're all jealous of the amount of people apprently in for the take over and we have no one except big billy bullshit sitting on his fat arse.

I'm quite happy Torres is staying to be honest as in todays market £50 million can get you alot of player like Villa swapping Milner for Ireland, Onohua etc. Watched them tonight and they are an average prem top 10 team. Theyre aura is gone and teams will attack them at anfield. Out of the team only three would get in ours now. Reina, Torres and Gerrard. I'm so confident we will finish above them.

Just watching the highlights of the Republic v Argentina, and they mentioned that Ever Banega is apparently a target for the shite, as a replacement for Mascherano.

Bit of a kick in the balls if they were to go for him and got the work permit sorted after all the nonsense surrounding us and him last year.

Edited by DonKey

Just watching the highlights of the Republic v Argentina, and they mentioned that Ever Banega is apparently a target for the shite, as a replacement for Mascherano.

Bit of a kick in the balls if they were to go for him and got the work permit sorted after all the nonsense surrounding us and him last year.

Why would it be a kick in the teeth when did have the work permit sorted for him ourselves? The only problem was that he didn't want to sign for us.

Guest Reg Reagan

question is

How are the shites able to spend this much money in the transfer market?

I thought their yanks owners have allocated them 2million quid for this transfer window?

they have just signed poulson from Juventus!

Guest Blue4You

I'm quite happy Torres is staying to be honest as in todays market £50 million can get you alot of player like Villa swapping Milner for Ireland, Onohua etc. Watched them tonight and they are an average prem top 10 team. Theyre aura is gone and teams will attack them at anfield. Out of the team only three would get in ours now. Reina, Torres and Gerrard. I'm so confident we will finish above them.

I think Dirk Kuyt would compliment our playing style very well. Glen Johnson is worth a mention also, and Joe Cole is good on his day. They're still a very strong side, and I feel this season will be our best chance of overtaking them in the league. Once Hodgson gets to know the squad, and is given money, they'll be very competetive once again.

What's happened to the famed "waiting list"?

The BBC's Matt Slater has done the investigating and found out that while Premier League ticket sales are generally holding strong (even if attendance has declined the last two seasons to 92.4% capacity), only five clubs have sold out their season tickets as of right now. Those five?

Arsenal, Chelsea, Blackpool, Manchester City and Spurs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattslater/2010/08/premier_league_still_holds_gol.html

• 3 weeks later...

Jamie Redknapp on Torres yesterday...

"Fans will suffer to a certain extent when you give the ball away, but they won't suffer a lack of effort.

"Out there for 45 minutes today he (Torres) has been terrible. He hasn't got hold of the ball, he hasn't chased, he's got frustrated, he could have been booked, he's been diabolical.

"I'm his biggest fan, and of course you have to give Johnson and Dann credit, but he's shown no appetite for the game. He's looked frustrated, sloppy, lethargic. I know people talk about his rustiness, but he looked fed-up."

Maybe we could offer Yak or Saha (both?) in a straight swap in Jan....sounds like they could all do with a new challenge :P .