IGNORED

Liverpool Strengthening Squad

Anyone seen their "Not a Penny More" appeal/site?

I'm confused by it... they say the club has gotten into massive debt without spending much on players... wtf happened??

Googling that I found this http://www.mysun.co.uk/go/forum/view/88566/156562/liverpool I'm stunned :mellow: .

There's an Everton one also http://www.mysun.co.uk/go/forum/view/88566/156522/everton but very few numpties have used it (and none for two months).

looks to me liverpool are strengthening with better quality players than we are....jovanovich..cole ..shelvey...wilson ithink there are a couple more young players also brought in that i cant remember...remember they beat us twice last season and they will be stronger now where we havnt really gone for quality.

Yeh, I remember they beat us at Goodison after we outplayed them, then they won at anfield in a game where, we were to be honest no worse than them.Not sure, but I'd say a check of the team sheets for those two games (and many other prem games) would probably show we were suffering injuries to our squad of the type that plagued us last season.

My point is last season we spent large periods of the season without some of our better players.....if we can keep Pienaar, Arteta and co then to some extent we are stronger than last season, ie Those two missed big chunks also Jags and others.

Liverpool have signed a couple of decent players, and have maybe hung onto to Gerrard and Torres, sure they will be in with a chance!..BUT come on!....They are still HUGE spenders, if only in the wages they pay their staff.....they should be at the top.

You have to ask yourself why Chelsea let Cole leave!.....Everton have got enough stick for letting Gosling leave for free, why didn't Chelsea pay the money liverpool are now paying.

You have to ask yourself why Chelsea let Cole leave!.....Everton have got enough stick for letting Gosling leave for free, why didn't Chelsea pay the money liverpool are now paying.

Not really though, we fucked up big time with some simple admin & he fucked us dry!

We definitly didn't 'let him leave for free!'

looks to me liverpool are strengthening with better quality players than we are.....remember they beat us twice last season and they will be stronger now where we havnt really gone for quality.

....dont be surprised if they push for the title it hurts me to say that...im dissapointed moyes wasnt in for wilson.

i just think we are making the same mistake we made when we finished fourth....we should have got a couple of top players in for the champions league...so missing out big time.this seems a similar sort of summer no real activity are we waiting for leftover bosmans.

Just when you thought there was a bit of optimism about patto rolls up again....

Happy days.

Someone pass me a razor blade :suicide_anim: .

i wasnt sure about hodgson but hes showing he will improve liverpool....dont be surprised if they push for the title it hurts me to say that...im dissapointed moyes wasnt in for wilson.

Anybody that can take Fulham to 7Th place and then the Europa final has got to be doing something right.

I think he will improve them but not top 4, City have spent too much money not to get there, so Liverpool will join the next group Everton, Spurs and Villa, fighting for Europa places.

mikeo im just being honest we havnt bought anyone we may lose 2/3 of our best players im hoping beckford does the buisiness. i think maybe moyes will be dissapointed he hasnt moved certain players on hence we cant buy anyone...yes we played well last season second half but that was the absolute maximum we could perform and didnt finish in the top six can we play that good again i dont know i hope so...but regardless il be there every week.

Wish I could be :) .

Not criticising, you're perfectly entitled to your viewpoint.

I'm just a bit more optimistic about this year. Time will tell.

1505 BST: Liverpool's Argentine winger Maxi Rodriguez is on the verge of returning to Spanish side Espanyol, according to sports papers Mundo Deportivo and Sport. Rodriguez, who moved to the Reds in the January transfer window, signing a three-and-a-half year dear, previously played for Espanyol from 2002-2005

from the BBC breaking news in the gossip column:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8856973.stm