IGNORED

Man City Forced To Sell 12 Players?

not sure where this goes so i figured i'd put it in here since i'm sure there are many of man city's players we'd love to have, especially if we could get them on the cheap.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810175&sec=transfers&cc=5739

this could be great for us if we could get one or two cheaper, the only problem i can see is how do you determine a realistic value to say "we got him cheap" when city have payed way over the odds for most players?

Bit of sensationalist bollocks really if you look at the comments, this one seems about right...

This is another misleading headline without a proper explanation by the Soccernet staff. It's a cop out that they don't list the author's name, so I'm going to assume the entire staff is incompetent.

Your roster can be 25 players with an unlimited number of players under the age of twenty one (as of Dec 31st of this year). 8 of the 25 players have to be home-grown, which is they have had to play 3 years with an English or Welsh club between the ages of 16 and 21.

Under 21 (five)

Weiss, Cunningham, Ibrahim, Boyata, Nimely

Homegrown (fifteen)

Given, Richards, Bridge, Onuoha, Johnson, Ireland, Wright-Philips, Johnson, Taylor, Barry, Lescott, Etuhu, Logan, Vidal, Bellamy, Hart

They have 38 players on their website + Kolarov. Nielson is on loan until January. Since the 5 under-21's don't count, they only need to deal with 8 players... needing to be loaned, sold, or put on reserves until January.

They can loan out younger players like Johnson, Logan, Etuhu, and Caicedo.

Two of their keepers are already linked to other clubs. Jo and Bellamy are clearly on their way out. With Kolarov, Bridge wouldn't exactly be difficult to sell. Same goes with Stephen Ireland and Michael Johnson. Wright Philips and Adebayor have been linked to other clubs as well.

12 is a dramatic number when in reality... it may just be 4 players sent out... and no one who was going to be essential to Mancini's plans anyway.

Guest blueboy122

i would also take ireland but i wouldnt know where to play him? if yobo was to depart definatley onanuha? i also would take bellamy. Why do people think he is a horrible cunt? i think he is attitude is spot on.

Bellamy is one of those players that you hate unless he plays for you. My attitude towards him changed a hell of alot when I found about all the charity work he does.

As for Ireland, talented player but if we bought him we'd end up playing him on the wing and he can't play their, he'd be wasted out wide just like Ossie is. We don't need him. In my opinion Ireland has much much much more attitude problems than Bellamy does. I spoke with a friend who works in a football agency and he said that Bellamy wants out and is willing to take a massive pay cut to keep on playing, Ireland on the other hand would prefer to sit on the bench at City as he knows nobody will match his wages and he isn't willing to currently take a pay cut. Plus lying about the death of your own grandmother is just bang out of order

Bellamy might come across badly but he's just desperate to win for the team.

I much prefer his attitude to that of Adebayor - who is a complete tool.

Bellamy would be a great addition to the team; a bit of nastiness, pace and flexibility to play in a few positions.

Bellamy is one of those players that you hate unless he plays for you. My attitude towards him changed a hell of alot when I found about all the charity work he does.

As for Ireland, talented player but if we bought him we'd end up playing him on the wing and he can't play their, he'd be wasted out wide just like Ossie is. We don't need him. In my opinion Ireland has much much much more attitude problems than Bellamy does. I spoke with a friend who works in a football agency and he said that Bellamy wants out and is willing to take a massive pay cut to keep on playing, Ireland on the other hand would prefer to sit on the bench at City as he knows nobody will match his wages and he isn't willing to currently take a pay cut. Plus lying about the death of your own grandmother is just bang out of order

Wouldn't Ireland make a ready made replacement for Cahill? Tbh I don't know that much about him attitude wise to judge whether he'd fit in with the Moyse way of seeing the world, so can't comment, but from what I've seen of him I think he's a class player and I can't believe City would be so stupid as to want rid of one of their own with so much potantial. But if he's a money merchant its pretty fair to assume we won't be seeing him in a Royal Blue jersey any time soon!

I agree with you on Bellamy, think he's a star, yeah he's a nasty, difficult, aggressive little bugger but its sheer determination and desire to be the best, think he'd fit right in with us. Can play on either wing or through the centre, pacy, skillfull and direct, would be a better signing than Donovan IMO. Only negative is his age

Wouldn't Ireland make a ready made replacement for Cahill? Tbh I don't know that much about him attitude wise to judge whether he'd fit in with the Moyse way of seeing the world, so can't comment, but from what I've seen of him I think he's a class player and I can't believe City would be so stupid as to want rid of one of their own with so much potantial. But if he's a money merchant its pretty fair to assume we won't be seeing him in a Royal Blue jersey any time soon!

I agree with you on Bellamy, think he's a star, yeah he's a nasty, difficult, aggressive little bugger but its sheer determination and desire to be the best, think he'd fit right in with us. Can play on either wing or through the centre, pacy, skillfull and direct, would be a better signing than Donovan IMO. Only negative is his age

Can't see Ireland being a replacemet for Cahill. In Rodwell or Bily we have better options to take his mantel. I think Ireland could turn out to be a one season wonder and not show much beyond there. I think when he does move that Villa would be a good move for him, he'd get the games in the right position there and their style of play is conducive to his own style. if he had a better attitude I wouldn't mind him here, I just cant see how that will change though.

Can play on either wing or through the centre, pacy, skillfull and direct, would be a better signing than Donovan IMO. Only negative is his age

I don't see that as too much of a negative, we would have a good mix of young and old here, Saha is past 30, and having another old timer in Bellamy on a short term contract would give us options in midfield and attack, and give the younger boys another veteran of the premier league to learn off. Plus Bellamy was in cracking form last season, and I saw this morning BBC football reporting Tottenham considering an offer of £4m, now, ex kopite or not, £4m for a player of Bellamy's quality and diversity, is a deal too good not to go for. Moyes must be able to raise £4m after selling Ruddy, Jukebox and possibly Vaughn.

I don't see that as too much of a negative, we would have a good mix of young and old here, Saha is past 30, and having another old timer in Bellamy on a short term contract would give us options in midfield and attack, and give the younger boys another veteran of the premier league to learn off. Plus Bellamy was in cracking form last season, and I saw this morning BBC football reporting Tottenham considering an offer of £4m, now, ex kopite or not, £4m for a player of Bellamy's quality and diversity, is a deal too good not to go for. Moyes must be able to raise £4m after selling Ruddy, Jukebox and possibly Vaughn.

For £4m he'd be a steal. The age doesn't concern me too much, you'd just accept that your not going to get anything back from his transfer but that's not such a biggie. The only concern would be the injuries, as i mentioned earlier, he has problems with his knees and though he was lucky last year with staying fit you just can't guarentee that he's going to be available all the time. But for £4m i'd take him in a heart beat. He's a natural winner and we need more of those.

I would love no neck here (bellamy). Does make me laugh that couple of years ago on here no one wanted anywhere near the club but now after seeing how he plays at city the opinion has changed, including mine. Would be a coup if we got him for £4m

I wouldnt want him (Bellamy) here tbh... He is a decent player but he is old, is gradually being held back by injuries and personally I would rather use Gueye and get him playing games than buy in Bellamy.

Id look at Ireland but I dont know where he would fit in, plus his wages would be a lot. Same goes with Johnson regards position and he has also had injury problems. Maybe a loan wouldnt be a bad option?

I would definitely take Onouha, I think he would be a brilliant addition as he is good enough to play 1st team and he can also cover the whole back 4 if necessary.

Apart from them I dont think Id go near the rest. Too many egos, too many greedy mercenaries and not enough quality.