IGNORED

Seriously, What The Fook Do We Need?

LexKing

The squad is better than last 10y. Year more experienced than last season. And still we see that same old disappointing start as usual. Like topic is saying what in the heck we need to play whole game on our best level? I dont know. We cant play both halves good. But WHY? We didnt lost today(day to play vs Wolves on our hometurf) 2p cause of Hibbo were on starting eleven. We didnt lose those 2p cause Saha came on field. How to bad damn deeply in our squad players has that winning is hard? Is there a way to get if off? I dunno. PLZ dear forum members, let youre voice to be heard.

I think it us looking at what has happened in the past. We always seem to start off slow and I think that mentally the players feel that these games are harder than they need to be. Against Blackburn we could have had a point had it not been for a freak mistake from Howard (even though we should have won) and tonight was another 2 points gone begging. IMO we need to just calm it down otherwise we are going to self-destruct and head for a mid-table finish. :( And that's not what we want.

Hopefully the Huddersfield game can give us a taste for winning and allow us to carry it on into the Premiership.

But Dark, what i were meaning in this topic, is that what we really need. You know, in overally sports, im from Finland and we always keep losin all important matches etc, and our dear/painful neighbour Sweden, their athletics do always their best result when it is important(wc,olympics whatever) and , i as a finnish mentally downforced man cant be without thinkin is that same with our team. Winning is hard even you have got it offered on a silverplate, if you know what i mean. But what the Team can do for it, or are we just most unfortunate team of a whole freakin world? All shoud be so fine now. I didnt even spend my summer for refreshing transfers, i just were hoping al players are fully fit when season begins. And then what? Its all the same old shame. We cant do our best, but why? Oh why :(

What we need is a striker who scores goals consistantly!

I know we have 178 strikers on our books but I dont have faith in ANY of them to lead the line.

Louis cant be fucked, Yak couldn't give a fuck even when he's playin for his country let alone us!

Beckford, Vaughn, Vic & Silva are NOT going to become our main striker this season so where the fuck does that leave us?

With an awesome midfield & shit loads of average forwards to try & squeeze into our one starting spot!

Excuse the rant but its silly to think either Saha or Yak are going to fire us into the champions league imo!

We need someone that can score goals day in day out, if we get that then we are guarenteed some points. Our weakness is also conceding goals. If we hadn't of conceded against Blackburn and Wolves then we would have 4 points now rather than 1. I'm not pointing the finger at Howard but we need to be stronger at the back. Every dominant team has a great goalkeeper.

Premiership Champions: Cech

World Cup Winners: Casillas

Man United (Old): Schmeichel

We need a rock at the back and it needs to be Howard/Mucha.

IMO, today's problem was Moyes' gameplan. Playing a team like Wolves at home you need to attack from the beginning and never let up until you're up by 3. Too many players that were defense first in today's team (Hibbert, Jags, Heitinga, Distin, (Baines)). We needed a team like c1982's in the "Best Starting XI" thread.

The team that started against Wolves would have only been acceptable against a team that has more talent.

So what do we need? We need for Moyes' other testicle to drop and field a team that runs over weak opposition.

coleman - jags - heitinga - baines

-------------rodwell--------------

(assuming there was something wrong with Felli).

In all fairness Hibbert did play fairly well today while attacking.

anyway, onward and upward....

What we need is to play decent sides in pre-season to get us ready for the start of the season. The one quality side we played took us apart with so much ease. You might say that's a reason not to play quality opposition in pre-season but I don't. I think Wolfsburg took us apart because of the crap we'd been playing before that game, so the players were shocked when up against a really good team.

What we need is come the start of the season play the bastard players that have been playing during pre-season. Coleman and Maggie are just two players who played a large chunk of our pre-season games, especially Coleman, and looked very good by all accounts but now neither of them can get near the pitch for us.

What we need is for Moyes to stop putting half-fit players on the pitch and put some trust into the brilliant squad he's so fond of saying we have now <_<. Fellaini should never have come on yesterday because he's still finding his feet, it should have been Rodwell IMO. Same for Osman, because he's carrying an injury, Maggie should have come on, or as an alternative throw Coleman on and see if he really could be a wing man.

Oh and some pace would be nice too. But of course we didn't have any pace that could have been brought on or left on the pitch did we? Wait, Beckford's pretty speedy isn't he? And Coleman and Maggie have a bit of speed about them don't they? :angry:

I was sat with some guys "in the know" at the game yesterday, not that far from Capello :D ...the rumours are that Yakubu just can't recover fully from his injury. He was asked to do some running with Beckford (who is very fast) and Yakubu just gave up about halfway through. Consensus was he needs to be sold, he is causing ripples in the squad.

We then got on to Moyes and we all agreed that Moyes is a fantastic manager under pressure but with a fully fit squad he starts to fumble. I hope Moyes proves everyone wrong but I think we are going to struggle to find the right team in time to mount a good go for a European spot. For example, why on earth is Bily playing who is (IMO) one of our worst players at the moment.

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

"What the fook do we need"!

We need to understand Wolves and Blackburn were never going to roll over just because "we are Everton"...........Moyes needs to understand it and the players need to understand it.

A team with Coleman, Anichebe, Rodwell an up to prem speed Beckford may well give teams a harder match than the boys who think opponents will just roll over!

Twice in the prediction thread and a few days apart I thought 1-1....I just couldn't see beyond it.

"What the fook do we need".........A win and the confidence that goes with it.

What we need is to play decent sides in pre-season to get us ready for the start of the season. The one quality side we played took us apart with so much ease. You might say that's a reason not to play quality opposition in pre-season but I don't. I think Wolfsburg took us apart because of the crap we'd been playing before that game, so the players were shocked when up against a really good team.

What we need is come the start of the season play the bastard players that have been playing during pre-season. Coleman and Maggie are just two players who played a large chunk of our pre-season games, especially Coleman, and looked very good by all accounts but now neither of them can get near the pitch for us.

Absolutely spot on Romey-

We've been doing the same thing for years & years now. When is Moyes going to learn? By the time we get it all together, we are 10/12 points down on the top group.

What's the point of playing these "young 'uns" in pre-season, getting them into the groove with the 'A'squad, then leaving them on the bench when the senior members are struggling? Beats the shit out of me!

Come on Moyes, show some guts man and put out a team that trys FFsake.

Edited by Oztoffee

Yeah i'm with a few on here regarding playing all the youngsters and fringe players all through pre season, then when it comes down to it, there all dropped in favour of the first team players who are still rusty and need about 5 consecutive games to really get started.

Wolves was a disaster, performance wise and tactically. More tactically, as if this was sorted the performance would have have been a lot better.

Subs were too late, far too late, i was sitting there wondering what the hell moyes was thinking bringing on two rusty players in terms of fitness, one being more of a defensive figure.

Did we even need a defensive midfielder on saturday? I said this to my mate at the match, and we noted the first meaningful challenge made by heitinga was about 25 minutes in. With an extra attacking midfielder or striker, we could have already been 1-0 up by then. There attack was really lightweight. We should have won about 3-0... And when it come to heitinga making that crucial defensive midfield tackle in the second half, he didnt even nail it they then went on and countered us.

So what the fook do we need? i don't think we need anyone, we have a superbly talented team, slightly low on confidence. But moyes needs to realise a few things, at home to wolves, lets push the boat out a bit. I don't think theres an area they were stronger than us in, so why not attack from the off. When will he gamble? Only time will tell. I would love to see a formation pre match, that makes you think "Oh yeah were going to see plenty of attacking football today" The aim is to score more than the opposition. One day moyes may just get onto that.

What we need is for Moyes to stop putting half-fit players on the pitch and put some trust into the brilliant squad he's so fond of saying we have now dry.gif. Fellaini should never have come on yesterday because he's still finding his feet, it should have been Rodwell IMO. Same for Osman, because he's carrying an injury, Maggie should have come on, or as an alternative throw Coleman on and see if he really could be a wing man.

Oh and some pace would be nice too. But of course we didn't have any pace that could have been brought on or left on the pitch did we? Wait, Beckford's pretty speedy isn't he? And Coleman and Maggie have a bit of speed about them don't they? :angry:

I and others around me were all saying the same but before Moyes even started subbing players!