IGNORED

What Do You Think Of Beckford

davies

said it somewhere else, he needs to be stronger. His pace was good, some great control and skill but was brushed off too easily. Bit of naivety, bit of inexperience at the level but all the signs that he can do the business. Lets hope he does soon, Saha's performances have not been encouraging...

I thought Becks did alright at the weekend. Was always looking to get in around the box, dropping back and trying give-n-go's, made a few decent runs. Showed a bit of naivety at times and, (probably, emanating from his eagerness to get on the score sheet -which is no complaint, actually) I thought with that run on goal he had in the second half, he should have laid it off rather than trying to take it on himself. But all in all, he looks hungry, looks promising, looks as if he may turn into a decent signing. Having said that it's still early doors, and ultimately he'll be judged on how many goals he scores. Let's hope it's not too long till he starts doing that in the Premier League

I like the look of him. Good hold-up play and good close control. He did a really good job of getting the ball under control in and around the box, the problem being that barely anyone was running onto these or supporting him up the attacking end of the field.

He'll do a good job for us, he will need to adjust to the league but in the same sense the rest of the team will have to get used to what he brings and how to help him be as effective as possible.

I'm encouraged so far though.

The Yak doesn't seem to be getting a look in so between him and Saha I know who I'd prefer leading the line, if yesterdays performance was anything to go by!

With the Yak and Saha not firing, big Victor might be the best option this season. Play him down the middle instead of wide right. ;)

Cant see us getting anywhere without a man who can score 20 goals.

he has pace and power to get past people though..nothin fancy granted but at least he can take people on unlike our other "wingers"..i just think he is the best option with our lack on the flanks and until we get someone else in i'd rather he stuck there

edit: unless coleman gets a chance on the wing which i hope he does and proves a hit then stick vic down the middle and let him batter the cbs

Edited by marcopaulo

he has pace and power to get past people though..nothin fancy granted but at least he can take people on unlike our other "wingers"..i just think he is the best option with our lack on the flanks and until we get someone else in i'd rather he stuck there

edit: unless coleman gets a chance on the wing which i hope he does and proves a hit then stick vic down the middle and let him batter the cbs

I really don't want a player there who can simply "do a job" for us. If we have real ambitions of getting into the Top 4 and winning things then we need a real winger. It's one thing we should have addressed this summer, but being penniless has prevented this :(.

It was nice to see some quality movement up front for a change and at times he did some nice work. I didnt think it was a brilliant performance but it was certainly promising. If he can improve some decision making and get used to the way we play a bit more he could be a very shrewd signing by Moyes.